What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » suggestion: RPG

Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
suggestion: RPG
Author: Message:
fortnox

O.P. suggestion: RPG
well ive searched all other, about and such, google mess.be, and i thought why not suggest it. anyway, me and some of my freinds got the hand writing mod, and drew pictures of us beating each other up DBZ-style. and i thought, wow a EXP-gaining plugin would b cool right now, for that matter so would a battle plugin. i think it cold work,  use commands like /xchallenge <name> to challenge a contact, then list stats, and from then on, its open-minded, theres lots of ways to do a RPG battle. it could just be rolling dices, yet it could be picking attacks and Xing them by the opponents stats and stuff like that. what u think?
11-12-2004 11:31 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Patchou
Messenger Plus! Creator

43 / Male / Flag
RE: suggestion: RPG
That could be a nice plugin to share with friends... I hope someone will be interested :)
[Image: signature2.gif]
11-13-2004 08:49 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
Nice idea. Although a plugin wouldn't be my first choice as it has has its limits. eg:

The stats: They need to be syncronized each time with all the contacts that have the same battle, etc...

Also you're limited to your personal contactlist (unless some of your contacts invite another person from their contactlist, but the sync-problem still remains).

There is also maybe a privacy issue involved.

Maybe this could much better be made as a bot which you need to add as a contact. ;)

just a suggestion ;)
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
11-13-2004 10:38 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
FrozernFire

GunZ rules!

32 / Male / –
there are actually some bots doing this, but most of them are betas and on my list, they are offline at the moment for recoding. either a bot could be made, or a plugin that is connected to a server
"I want to fix that in my memory forever. Draco Malfoy, the amazing bouncing ferret."

Aragorn -"A PEA!! A PEA!! Under my saddle, look Legolas!!! A pea!! Surely only the true King could feel a tiny
pea under all that leather!!!"[/align]
11-13-2004 02:12 PM
_Humphreys
Veteran Member

24 / – / Flag
.. Well Patchou did make that pirate qoute fight thing  (Did he or did MSN?) so I don't think it would be that hard to make.
AC3
11-13-2004 07:24 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Attitude Extreme
. Well Patchou did make that pirate qoute fight thing  (Did he or did MSN?)
Such a easter egg is something from Patchou, of course :P

quote:
Originally posted by Attitude Extreme
so I don't think it would be that hard to make.
That is something completely different. First of all, it is programmed inside Plus! itself. With plugins you can't do everything what Patchou can do in his own program. Second, that swordfight thing doesn't keep stats or anything and the suggested plugin would work completely different, the only same thing would be the "battle"/interaction between 2 contacts.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
11-14-2004 10:58 AM
user27089
Disabled Account

I don't really see the point in the concept of this, why have it in MSN, I don't think it would be that interesting going around typing in something like:

/attack
/defend

or whatever. IMO, this would get a slightly annoying feature if someone keeps opening the convo, and it says something like, 'Your Health has been decreased'...

If you want to play an rpg, why not Just use a decent site, saying that, do you know any decent rpg sites?
11-14-2004 07:15 PM
Patchou
Messenger Plus! Creator

43 / Male / Flag
Note for future reference: the combat easter egg (the "pirate thing") could be entirely coded as a Messenger Plus! plugin.
[Image: signature2.gif]
11-15-2004 02:35 AM
.Roy
Veteran Member

20 / Male / –
good idea :-) I like it! Try to pm some of of the good programmers and plugin makers like The Blasphemer.. Hes great
11-15-2004 05:23 AM
ninja

Could work... but it would need a server to store the stats
11-15-2004 06:10 AM
Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend