What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » Another possible idea for sponsor program

Pages: (4): « First [ 1 ] 2 3 4 » Last »
Another possible idea for sponsor program
Author: Message:
Caboose

35 / Male / –
O.P. Another possible idea for sponsor program
I was installing the Beta of Messenger Plus! and I noticed that at the beginning, it has a 'Beta Warning'. As soon as I saw that, I thought that it would be a great idea if something like that could happen when the sponsor program screen comes up, so people can't hammer the next button, choose some random option then keep hammering next. It would really force them to pay attention, and if they click ok to exit it by accident, chances are they'll read the sponsor program screen, and choose not to install it.

I personally think it would be great if it could be done :)
11-22-2004 02:53 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
s7a5
Veteran Member

RE: Another possible idea for sponsor program
how about if Patchou removes the sponsor completelly?
nice solution eh..??
:P
God Im genious (A)
11-22-2004 03:24 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
.Roy
Veteran Member

20 / Male / –
lol leave patchou alone.. The sponsor is great as is! We dont need to find other ways to make Patchou even Poorer.. Sigh
11-22-2004 03:48 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Vilkku
Veteran Member

35 / Male / Flag
The point is not to make users afraid and not install it, ohterwise he could just remove the sponsor. He want's the people realize it's there so that they know that It's Optional™, not stop them from installing it.
[Image: signature.php]
11-22-2004 03:54 PM
Caboose

35 / Male / –
O.P. RE: Another possible idea for sponsor program
Lol I like the ™ on 'optional', Vilkku ^_^

Well, he could at least change the sponsor to a different one. I'm just sick of people complaining about Messenger Plus' so called 'spyware', and how they ran Spybot or Ad-Aware and can no longer remove it. At least something that's a bit easier to uninstall would be nice.

Or people could just start reading the installation screens... but I have a feeling not many people are gonna do that :P
11-22-2004 04:51 PM
Plik
Veteran Member

34 / Male / –
If you search around you will find patchou posting the rough amount of people who install MsgPlus a day
I think its something in the thousands
Then see how many complaint we get here a day
Its not that many, theres no point making patchou lose money for just a few angy people that dont read
11-22-2004 05:27 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
_Humphreys
Veteran Member

24 / – / Flag
quote:
how about if Patchou removes the sponsor completelly?
nice solution eh..??

God Im genious

distorted why can't you leave Patchou alone? He needs to make a living like we all do! It's people's own stupid fault for installing plus! with the sponsor anyways.
AC3
11-22-2004 06:28 PM
Anubis
Elite Member

33 / Male / Flag
I don't know if anyone has ever noticed that when you install something from themexp.org it often contains up to 3 pieces of optional to install adware that are already ticked and ready for morons to click next...now Plus! has no option already checked, therefore if they click next (which now has a delay timer to stop you hitting next when installing). Now Patchou has done all he can do without removing the sponsor program...or find an alternative to the sponsor program. So I think any more addictions to alert you to the sponsor program are useless, all anyone wants now is an alternative to the sponsor program.
[Image: anubis5hq.png]
11-22-2004 06:34 PM
_Humphreys
Veteran Member

24 / – / Flag
quote:
I don't know if anyone has ever noticed that when you install something from themexp.org it often contains up to 3 pieces of optional to install adware that are already ticked and ready for morons to click next...now Plus! has no option already checked, therefore if they click next (which now has a delay timer to stop you hitting next when installing). Now Patchou has done all he can do without removing the sponsor program...or find an alternative to the sponsor program. So I think any more addictions to alert you to the sponsor program are useless, all anyone wants now is an alternative to the sponsor program.

Also has anyone noticed the checked box on the msn messenger setup which installs an msn toolbar? So think is the MSG Plus! sponsor that bad? It's also really easy to get rid of it unlike other sponsor programs.

This post was edited on 11-22-2004 at 06:43 PM by _Humphreys.
AC3
11-22-2004 06:41 PM
Caboose

35 / Male / –
O.P. RE: Another possible idea for sponsor program
Well, OK, I guess you guys are right. Patchou needs to make a living somehow, just like all of us. Just... damn people not reading! >_<

Ah well :P
11-22-2004 06:59 PM
Pages: (4): « First [ 1 ] 2 3 4 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: