What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » General » General Chit Chat » I bought my first guitar

Pages: (3): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 » Last »
I bought my first guitar
Author: Message:
Hank
Banned

– / – / Flag
RE: I bought my first guitar
Layla? or play some BBking type blues :)
12-04-2004 07:55 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Ash_

35 / Male / –
O.P. RE: I bought my first guitar
yeh Jimi Hendrix aint bad. i prefer Van Halen (David Lee Ross i think) and Santana, also im a Joe Satriani fanboy. lol my music collection now has about 23-30 songs of Solo's. its ace (Y). theres a heap of chords to remember though. :S
[Image: jeansiger5.jpg]
12-04-2004 08:29 AM
Hank
Banned

– / – / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Ash_
yeh Jimi Hendrix aint bad. i prefer Van Halen (David Lee Ross i think) and Santana, also im a Joe Satriani fanboy. lol my music collection now has about 23-30 songs of Solo's. its ace (Y). theres a heap of chords to remember though. :S

yah but your at a good age to start learning , iv'e left it to late
12-04-2004 11:12 AM
MessEnGer

mess the world

40 / Male / –
Hey ash congratulations

well i am still stuck to my spanish guitar ....

planning to buy an electric guitar pretty soon
lets hope i get one soon

use it crefully ;)
12-04-2004 07:57 PM
s7a5
Veteran Member

Id say if you play classic guit (spanish) its goin to be very easy for ya to play all those solos on electric
Ofcourse there are some techniques u ll need to learn like sweetpicking etc
12-04-2004 08:08 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Vantage

Bam

– / Male / –
Stratocaster is the UGLIEST guitar I have ever seen, sure it plays like a dream but its ugly, theres nothing special to the style like a BC Rich Beast or something. My friend has one, its white and its heavy as hell, its extremely hard to monouver in..... All in All coming from someones who's been playing for almost 5 years, that guitar is shit :) , well its good for  a started. A Good way to waste ur money (y)....not

This post was edited on 12-04-2004 at 09:58 PM by Vantage.
Never Hope. Always Wish.
12-04-2004 09:57 PM
user27089
Disabled Account

quote:
Originally posted by Vantage
Stratocaster is the UGLIEST guitar I have ever seen, sure it plays like a dream but its ugly, theres nothing special to the style like a BC Rich Beast or something. My friend has one, its white and its heavy as hell, its extremely hard to monouver in..... All in All coming from someones who's been playing for almost 5 years, that guitar is shit :) , well its good for  a started. A Good way to waste ur money (y)....not

Stratocaster is a nice guitar, its a guitar thats widely recognised all over the world, and is a great guitar to start electric and lead on, its not ugly at all to be honest, pretty much every novice at guitar starts on a fender squier, and works they way up to stratocaster. Either way, the bc rich beast isn't that nice at all, and plays dodgy, its made for heavy metal...

Nice way to make a guy feel happy Vantage, its like me telling you that everything you had was crap, don't be so harsh.. It doesn't matter how long you've been playing, its the experience of knowing a decent guitar, and having a wide view, not liking only guitars that are associated with metal, as for me, I like most guitars apart from the ones that look like violins and the gibson thats played by chuck berry. He didn't waste his money, to be honest, you're just being a prick.
12-04-2004 11:07 PM
Hank
Banned

– / – / Flag
quote:
Stratocaster is the UGLIEST guitar

funny, Jimi hendrix didnt care what Guitar he had, nore Eric  Clapton or Jimmy Page or jeff Beck , they still played the Guitar Awesomely

12-05-2004 01:12 AM
Vantage

Bam

– / Male / –
RE: RE: I bought my first guitar
quote:
Originally posted by traxor
quote:

Stratocaster is a nice guitar, its a guitar thats widely recognised all over the world, and is a great guitar to start electric and lead on, its not ugly at all to be honest, pretty much every novice at guitar starts on a fender squier, and works they way up to stratocaster. Either way, the bc rich beast isn't that nice at all, and plays dodgy, its made for heavy metal...

Nice way to make a guy feel happy Vantage, its like me telling you that everything you had was crap, don't be so harsh.. It doesn't matter how long you've been playing, its the experience of knowing a decent guitar, and having a wide view, not liking only guitars that are associated with metal, as for me, I like most guitars apart from the ones that look like violins and the gibson thats played by chuck berry. He didn't waste his money, to be honest, you're just being a prick.

Hey man im just giving my opinion and my though on he did, i wasn't harsh at all :) Not my fault you have a diffrent opinion then mine? you have diffrent thoughs on what I should have said????Why don't you just concetrate on yourself for once and try to not worry on how much your opinion is diffrent then mine, and if your not able to do that, then go stuff yourself.

And if those rock stars didn't care what kind they played, they why would they bother to even buy those big ass fancy ones? cuz its better then those little middle class ones that they were playing :S common man its common sense, when you play guitar, you mostly look up to a better guitar like me A BC rich Beast, thats one of my fav's. But im pretty sure after a while with the BC rich Beast I'll be looking at a fender Stagemaster, who knows.

This post was edited on 12-05-2004 at 01:21 AM by Vantage.
Never Hope. Always Wish.
12-05-2004 01:18 AM
tomfletcherman

35 / Male / –
Fender squiers are an excellent choice for a first guitar, I know many people who own them, they look good albeit a rather ordinary shape. I personally don't get on with them or Gibson SG's either but its all down to personal preference. It is ebtter to have a squier first than a real strat because they cost upwards of £600. BC rich have a nice guitar out, the ice mockingbird, but generally I don't like their other guitars as they just seem to have a picture slapped on them before the laquer is applied. I have an Ibanez and they are my favourite type of guitar although too many of them are purple...
12-05-2004 10:48 AM
Pages: (3): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: