What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » General » General Chit Chat » Need some Car ideas.

Pages: (6): « First « 1 2 3 [ 4 ] 5 6 » Last »
Need some Car ideas.
Author: Message:
user27089
Disabled Account

RE: Need some Car ideas.
quote:
Originally posted by blade

[Image: 263456.jpg]

That wheel looks the worst but its the best out of all three, it would be amazing for handling in sunny weather, but if that baby hits some water then it'll slide cause there will be nowhere for the water to go :)...

quote:
Originally posted by Pipish
police car o still would look ok  as long as it isnt like a real police car just the kind they use

Well, I don't really know, police cars are a little bit dodgy to be honest, it may look good or it may not, 50/50 chance really :-/.
12-08-2004 04:50 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
All those shown wheels are illegal to drive with on normal roads! If some cop catches you with that you can be sure that you have to pay a huge fine... And with such wheels your car will even be sacked if you need to go to the motor vehicle inspection.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
12-08-2004 10:49 PM
kangie

falling...

38 / Female / –
NOS and neons :D:D:D

n wtfs all this about not making your car look like a bit of rice?! :/  if you want a car to look uber nice, put neons on, and like, a vinyl... if you want it to go fast, NOS, if you want a normal car, then none of the above :)

This post was edited on 12-08-2004 at 11:45 PM by kangie.
[Image: sig.jpg]
12-08-2004 11:38 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Pr0xY
Veteran Member

passwords are for treehouses

– / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by traxor
That wheel looks the worst but its the best out of all three, it would be amazing for handling in sunny weather, but if that baby hits some water then it'll slide cause there will be nowhere for the water to go:) ...
yeah thats a risk I'd take.  Like cookie said, the only place you'd see a car with those tires on it would be the track, and no one would even bother racing if it was raining out. 

HERE are some great tires...
[Image: RadialDrag.jpg]
And...
[Image: tirespage.gif]

They pwn your tires Blade...
12-09-2004 04:30 AM
.blade//
Veteran Member

35 / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by Pr0xY

They pwn your tires Blade...

Mine was a quick 1 minute google search tos how you tires can look good 8-)
[Image: A%20Pointy%20Rock.jpg]
12-09-2004 05:13 AM
wj
Former Admin

I aim to misbehave.

39 / – / Flag
O.P. RE: Need some Car ideas.
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
All those shown wheels are illegal to drive with on normal roads! If some cop catches you with that you can be sure that you have to pay a huge fine... And with such wheels your car will even be sacked if you need to go to the motor vehicle inspection.
The race tires yea. I really wanna get a set of these:
[Image: 10302003CVwheel01-med.jpg]
"A towel is about the most massively useful
thing an interstellar hitchhiker can have."
12-09-2004 06:14 AM
sock
Elite Member

Back in White! (with red stripes)

38 / Male / Flag
Some replies to what you've been talking about here... :P

Thinner tires give a better grip. Thicker tires are better for performance, fuel consumption and ride comfort (less noise too). "thinner/thicker" refers to the ratio between the base width and side width (I don't know the English terminology). Every tire is a compromise, there's no perfect tire.

The rim size by itself doesn't mean anything except for aesthetics (it will mess up the speedometer tuning though). Lightweight rims will slightly decrease the car's unsupported weight, which has some small advantage I forgot. In road cars though, they're mainly for aesthetics reasons too.

What's more practical is the tires' air-pressure. Higher pressure (in the allowed scale!) gives better grip, performance and fuel consumption, while lower pressure gives better ride comfort.

Spoilers increase the tires' friction as speed grows, to slightly improve performance, fuel consumption and grip. However, they're only effective in high speeds. But they are also mainly an aesthetics thing (in America at least), just like those body kits that decrease the car's drag for the same purposes...

Anyway, as I said before, I think this stuff is silly... If you want a faster, better-gripping car, get a Miata with a big engine (or if you can, a Boxster or a BMW 3:drool:). If you want a better-looking car, well, get a French car. :refuck: (see examples below:chrongue:)

Peugeot: classic aesthetics.

[Image: nc985.gif]

[Image: PEUGEOT_407_01-2004-26.jpg]

Renault: wonderful creativity.

[Image: megane3.jpg]

IMO, those simple, clean designs are much more aesthetic than all those mumbo-jumbo "sportive" mods, and creative body shapes are much more attractive. :P OK, that's all.
[Image: patchoulolhaxun7.jpg]
12-09-2004 01:51 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
.blade//
Veteran Member

35 / Male / –
* .blade// thinks the Renault looks like a Ford focus that needs ass lyposuction :refuck:

Anyways, WJ, have you got  the pic. yet? :-/

This post was edited on 12-09-2004 at 06:17 PM by .blade//.
[Image: A%20Pointy%20Rock.jpg]
12-09-2004 04:25 PM
user27089
Disabled Account

quote:
Originally posted by blade
* blade thinks the Renault looks like a dor focus that needs ass lyposuction :refuck:

Anyways, WJ, have you got  the pic. yet? :-/

agreed about the renault dude ;) ;).. I hate the renault megane, the peugot 206 is a young womans car and the other peugot is just ugly to be honest ;).

I prefer cars like the mitsubishi evo 8:
[Image: evolution8la05.jpg]

Check out that spoiler, the rims.. 4 wheel drive.. the colour :drool:

Nissan Skyline:
[Image: nissan%20skyline.jpg]

Check out that beast.. For some reason, I just love done-up cars thats are sort of like salloons but not if you know what I mean :p

Wj, get some pictures, that way, we could advise you easier ;).
12-09-2004 05:42 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by traxor
the peugot 206 is a young womans car
lol, define "young women" then....

Peugeot 206 reacing model (RC car model, but in real it looks the same)
[Image: nikko-peugot-206-rc-camera-car.gif]
btw, this RC car model has an inbuild camera :D

Peugeot 206 (cabrio)
[Image: DI004Clo.jpg]

Peugeot 206 (cabrio, some other model)
[Image: peugot-206-cc-2-0-490820.jpg]

Peugeot 206 (5 doors)
[Image: DHY04Clo.jpg]

Peugeot 206 (3 doors) <= maybe you meant this model
[Image: DHT04Clo.jpg]

My point, you can't define a car by its type only...

Also, Peugeots (French cars in general for that matter) are know to have a very robust chassy and body. They are build for long term use and don't go all rusty after a year. If you had an accident with a  Peugeot, chances are that your car isn't total loss and can be fixed and it will drive like before (unlike some other brands which go rusty relative quick and are ready for the scrapyard after even the smallest bumb).....

quote:
Originally posted by sock
IMO, those simple, clean designs are much more aesthetic than all those mumbo-jumbo "sportive" mods, and creative body shapes are much more attractive. OK, that's all.
I can't agree more with sock. All those "mumbo-jumbo" mods are major sillyness and waste of money, and most of the time they look awfull, only the "Johnny-level" of the car will sky rocket...
(dunno if "Johnny-level" is an international term though, lol, people from the Benelux will know what I mean)

eg: modded cars (or models like Traxor have shown) are nothing more then looking "good". Performances? pfff, like you will benefit of the performances on a normal public road. Go to the racetrack or roadshows if you want such cars.

This post was edited on 12-09-2004 at 06:17 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
12-09-2004 06:13 PM
Pages: (6): « First « 1 2 3 [ 4 ] 5 6 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: