What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » General » General Chit Chat » have you ever beeen drunk?

Pages: (6): « First « 1 2 3 4 [ 5 ] 6 » Last »
have you ever beeen drunk?
Author: Message:
Dempsey
Scripting Contest Winner

http://AdamDempsey.net

37 / Male / Flag
RE: have you ever beeen drunk?
Under five years old
It is illegal to give an alcoholic drink to a child under five except under medical supervision in an emergency.

Under 14 years old
Your child cannot go into the bar of a pub unless it has a ‘children’s certificate’. If it does have one, you can only go into parts of licensed premises where alcohol is either sold but not drunk (eg a sales point for consumption away from the pub), or drunk but not sold (eg a garden or family room).

14 or 15 years old
Your child can go anywhere in a pub, but not drink alcohol.

16 or 17 years old
Your child can buy or be bought beer or cider to drink with a meal, but not in a bar (ie in an area specifically set aside for meals).

Under 18 years old
Except for 16 or 17 year olds having a meal in a pub (see above), it is against the law for anyone under 18 to buy alcohol in a pub, off-licence, supermarket, or other outlet, or for anyone to buy alcohol for someone under 18 to consume in a pub or a public place.
SoundPacks   -   Scripts   -   Skins

that's not a bug, thats an unexpected feature
12-16-2004 11:42 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
fluffy_lobster
Veteran Member

36 / Male / Flag
The fact is, I find that alcoholic drinks taste disgusting in comparison to other drinks, so I don't drink.  As for drinking for the sake of getting drunk... somehow, I think i'll resist, considering the:
- Medical implications
- Stupid things you end up doing
- Possibility of addiction
- Hangovers
- Stupid things you end up getting addicted to
- Money
- Fun you have at parties when everyone else is drunk and you're not :D
12-16-2004 12:11 PM
kangie

falling...

38 / Female / –
* kangie blinks

tbh, this isnt about whether you like drinking :P if you dont, thats fine, if you do, (abiding by t3h dempseys rules) thats fine! the fact is, ppl DO drink, and its petty calling them pathetic for having fun :P and, fluffylobster, no matter how much i drink, i know what im doing at all times, id never do anything too stupid or dangerous.... i rarely get hangovers, no matter how much i drink, even if i mix like hell :P and a bit of drinking isnt gonna turn you in to a bottle of voddie a day alcoholic  :) i say ppl should just relax a bit, and have fun in whatever way they see fit,  wether it be drinking or no as long as they dont put others at risk
[Image: sig.jpg]
12-16-2004 04:50 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
user27089
Disabled Account

quote:
Originally posted by Fraisie
quote:
Originally posted by traxor
quote:
Originally posted by Pinball
That makes little sense. And being drunk isn't a nice thing, in fact, it's pathetic, IMHO.

Being drunk can be fun at times lol.

Being drunk is not something a 14 yo should know about.

To be honest, a lot of children my age are going to parties and getting drunk, I'm not really like this, yeah I go to the odd party and get pretty drunk, but its not like I'm getting drunk every week, plus, If you drink in your own home its not illegal afaik.

quote:
Originally posted by marissa
yeah, it could be fun for a couple hours but then you wake up with a splitting headache and the thoughts of what you could have done the previousy day/night.

and i dont usually go out so :^)

I agree with this, but I've never woke up with a splitting headache or anything, and I can remember parts of what happened the previous nite, sometimes I can regret, others are just a complete experience to be honest, why judge it if you haven't had the first hand experience is my advise, but if you don't want to, then its your choice, nobody is making you do it, don't be influenced by your peers, do it on your own accord, if you want to, do it, if you don't want to, then don't. ;).

quote:
Originally posted by kangie
its pretty calling them pathetic for having fun :P and, fluffylobster, no matter how much i drink, i know what im doing at all times, id never do anything too stupid or dangerous.... i say ppl should just relax a bit

Its not really pathetic if you want to go out clubbing somewhere and have a laugh, you can drink and it makes you happier and less stressed if you consume the correct alcohol, because different alcohols give people different effects in the long run, like Wiskey makes most people aggressive. As for the 'i'd never don anything dangerous thing', when you are under the influence of excessive amounts of alcohol, not many people can stay sensible during this period, therefore you can't control what you do, and if someone asked you to do something, I can assure you that you most probably would actually do it, most people do, its nothing to be ashamed about, its purely what this drug does.
12-16-2004 05:16 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
kangie

falling...

38 / Female / –
traxor, i have been under the influence of ALOT of alcohol, and i can say, I HAVE NEVER DONE ANYTHING dangerous, or stupid, nothing that would harm anyone anyways...  :P
[Image: sig.jpg]
12-16-2004 05:20 PM
saralk
Veteran Member

35 / Male / Flag
i like having one or two drinks, but i rarely get completely drunk
The Artist Formerly Known As saralk
London · New York · Paris
Est. 1989
12-16-2004 05:57 PM
zaidgs

– / Male / –
i nvr thought drinking was that bad, but you all make it sound really bad.
i nvr got drunk, although i do take small shots occasionally.
12-16-2004 06:47 PM
GiantSpider
Veteran Member

34 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Dempsey
Under five years old
It is illegal to give an alcoholic drink to a child under five except under medical supervision in an emergency.

Under 14 years old
Your child cannot go into the bar of a pub unless it has a ‘children’s certificate’. If it does have one, you can only go into parts of licensed premises where alcohol is either sold but not drunk (eg a sales point for consumption away from the pub), or drunk but not sold (eg a garden or family room).

14 or 15 years old
Your child can go anywhere in a pub, but not drink alcohol.

16 or 17 years old
Your child can buy or be bought beer or cider to drink with a meal, but not in a bar (ie in an area specifically set aside for meals).

Under 18 years old
Except for 16 or 17 year olds having a meal in a pub (see above), it is against the law for anyone under 18 to buy alcohol in a pub, off-licence, supermarket, or other outlet, or for anyone to buy alcohol for someone under 18 to consume in a pub or a public place.

You can however consume alcohol over the age of 5 on private preises with consent of a adult. It is also illegal to be sold alcohol.
12-16-2004 06:57 PM
qune

quote:
Originally posted by zaidgs
i nvr thought drinking was that bad, but you all make it sound really bad.

I totally agree on this one... being/getting drunk is 100% individual and affects different persons differently, whether they lose their complexes (most commonly) or get hostile or whatever... every man should know his limit...
drinking is just one way to live out socially... a relaxation like figurately massage or such...
I enjoy a social drink definitely every weekend (whether I drink lot or less)... and ow it's the best...

views mentioned in this reply are individual and belong only to the author of this post.
12-16-2004 10:15 PM
Pr0xY
Veteran Member

passwords are for treehouses

– / Male / –
My name is Pr0xY and I'm a alcoholic.....
12-17-2004 12:24 AM
Pages: (6): « First « 1 2 3 4 [ 5 ] 6 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: