What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » Messenger Plus! Gatherings!

Pages: (5): « First « 1 2 3 [ 4 ] 5 » Last »
Messenger Plus! Gatherings!
Author: Message:
Stigmata
Veteran Member

20 / Other / Flag
RE: Messenger Plus! Gatherings!
:o wtf wait a second mate.....

patchou has a life outside plus....

and to be perfectly honest....

what would the conversation be like......

'hey can i see some of you uber l33t source code'
'hey did you read that thread'

unless say, you speak to him regualy on messenger or something i dont realy see the point :S
12-16-2004 07:14 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
user27089
Disabled Account

quote:
Originally posted by Stigmata

patchou has a life outside plus....

and to be perfectly honest....

what would the conversation be like......

unless say, you speak to him regualy on messenger or something i dont realy see the point :S

Chance to get to know the real patchou and meet an uber speshul guy lol.. :)..
12-16-2004 07:15 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
saralk
Veteran Member

35 / Male / Flag
its like how there are fan clubs of popular music artists that meet up from time to time, and the artist that they like usually go anyway.

I'd like to meet a lot of the forum members, and if Patchou came, it'd be a bonus.
The Artist Formerly Known As saralk
London · New York · Paris
Est. 1989
12-16-2004 07:20 PM
kangie

falling...

38 / Female / –
quote:
Originally posted by Stigmata
patchou has a life outside plus, and to be perfectly honest ,what would the conversation be like......

same, thats what i was trying to say earlier :P and tbh, i dont know that many ppl on the forums... so i wouldnt go to a big gathering...

[Image: sig.jpg]
12-16-2004 08:59 PM
user27089
Disabled Account

quote:
Originally posted by kangie
i dont know that many ppl on the forums... so i wouldnt go to a big gathering...

Regardless if you don't know us very well, you're always welcome to come and meet up with us if you please.. have a mcdonalds.. you know!

Saral, if you get a domain, that would be great and stuff :).

12-16-2004 09:03 PM
kangie

falling...

38 / Female / –
hehe! ty :P but it would have to be in scotland, or nearish... cos its pretty expensive to get to london :P and its a long way.... n takes like 4-5hrs
[Image: sig.jpg]
12-16-2004 09:11 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
Erm... about that paypal account, with all respect, but I don't like a 14/15-year old in charge of something like that. Also it isn't "transparent": we don't know what will be done with the money. Not that I don't trust you personally, but this isn't something which can be taken lightly like "oh, let's make a paypal account, it is cool"...

If someone is going to do it, it should be someone well trusted and old enough and very close to Patchou (if not Patchou himself), like..... Fraisie...

The idea is nice though. But as Kangie and others also pointed out, Patchou isn't our property. We can't go demanding that he comes to there and there. He has a life too (going to Disneyland and watching anime and all :P) The reason why there is a meeting at the 27th is because he happens to be in Paris anyways. Also about the locations: If you want him to "travel the world" then pick places which are further appart. What I mean is London and Paris is as good as the same place (on a world scale). Why not each capital of every country in that case (actually.... lol... nah...)?

(it's not because I'm very lucky and being able to go to Paris that I say this though, it is just... being realistic)

But as said, the prinicpal idea is nice though and food for thought...

my 3 1/2 cents...
;)

This post was edited on 12-17-2004 at 07:42 AM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
12-17-2004 07:41 AM
XM4ST3RX

DJ Scoop!

37 / Male / –
O.P. RE: Messenger Plus! Gatherings!
Hi Guys,

quote:
Originally posted by Wabz
Well Patchou doesn't need to be there really, I'm sure people would like to meet the likes of me, wtbw , Time, Zero1, Zipp, and Sean in the UK.  I know there all not forum members here but there all involved in the messenger community

Yeah, good idea.... Patchou would be very more than welcome, but if he cant make it, it doesnt stop us from going still... we could still have a great time :).

Could Wabz and CookieRevised please PM me your contact details please and maybe we could arrange a gathering for sometime short next year... maybe March, April or May or something.

Kind Regards,
XM4ST3RX
12-17-2004 10:26 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Millenium_edition
Veteran Member

I think you all lost the meaning of these meetings, which is after all to see patchou in real, i mean, it's an experience... It's not a business meeting or something :-/
12-17-2004 09:51 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
marissa
Veteran Member

ahaha

34 / Female / –
quote:
Originally posted by saralk
quote:
Originally posted by traxor
quote:
Originally posted by saralk
why dont we start a fund to pay for plane tickets to fly patchou around the word?

Yeah, that would be cool I suppose, good Idea, we could set up a paypal account or something, and get people to donate to the Messenger Plus! World Tour, that way, he wouldn't be out of pocket for the plane tickets at all.. nice idea saral.. I'm up for putting a link on my site, if someone is willing to create a small site for the 'messenger plus! world tour fund', and we could fly Patchou around the world, and if we make enough, which is a possibility, set up accomodation for Patchou.

ill set the site up, in a day or two

where'd patchou even say he'd be traveling the world? Dont go setting up something you're  not even sure will happen. :p
12-17-2004 10:36 PM
Pages: (5): « First « 1 2 3 [ 4 ] 5 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: