What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » Plug-Ins » [Suggestion] *.LNK Plugin

Pages: (4): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 4 » Last »
[Suggestion] *.LNK Plugin
Author: Message:
Menthix
forum admin

39 / Male / Flag
RE: [Suggestion] *.LNK Plugin
Yes, but .lnk is used for shortcuts to executables. You could make a shortcut like:
code:
"c:\program files\Messenger Plus! 3\msgplus.exe" -script -name=brb
But i don't think that will be practical. If you just make the "scripts" save in files with their own extension you will only have to make something that handles this extension. This way you can still double click the files, and you don't need to make shortcuts to them.
Finish the problem
Menthix.net | Contact Me
12-30-2004 04:29 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Stigmata
Veteran Member

20 / Other / Flag
thats what i was thinking....

code:
private sub Form_Load(command as string)
if command = "status=busy" then
messengerapi.mystatus = 2
else
Msgbox "Command Not Reconised"
end if
end sub

then in the link

code:
pathtoprogram\stigmatasl33tprogram.exe status=busy

would that work?
12-30-2004 04:56 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
(CyBeRDuDe)

37 / Male / –
exactly as Stigmata is suggesting... :D...
I might be able to get time during the next week... Maybe I can make a template and give the source to someone that is more up 2 date with the msgplus and messenger API's.. I can't promies anything yet though....

1 thing I need to know is:
Is it possible to activate msgplus API, like chaning name, using the / commands or whatever, without it being a plugin?... or would this then have to be plugin that handles all this?...
12-30-2004 06:39 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Plik
Veteran Member

34 / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by (CyBeRDuDe)
1 thing I need to know is:
Is it possible to activate msgplus API, like chaning name, using the / commands or whatever, without it being a plugin?... or would this then have to be plugin that handles all this?...
Has to be a plugin.
Because of security issues.
Although changing your nick can be done out side a plugin, but its more complex.
12-30-2004 06:43 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
(CyBeRDuDe)

37 / Male / –
oki... i'll let the other programmer(s) do this... I'll try getting a template plugin running for you guys... :D...
12-30-2004 06:46 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
John

www.johnjoosten.net

38 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: RE: [Suggestion] *.LNK Plugin
Thanks (CyBeRDuDe). :D

quote:
Originally posted by MenthiX
Sounds a bit like scripting, during the Paris dinner Patchou said once again he will probally never do that ;'(. He had a good reason though.

The example you show in the picture would be fun, but add functions like wait and make it respond to what contacts are saying and you have the easiest script language in the world :).

I like the idea, but it personally think it should be a bit more advanced to make it really fun.
1. Activate these things not only by doubleclicking a file but also, like, activate it by using the Plus! sheduler (have it activated on a certain day/time).
2. Activate it by what contacts are saying.
3. A few "advanced" functions added to it: WAIT, mathimatical functions.... not to much of them tough, this whole feature should be noob-proof.
4. Being able to read replies from a contacts and the abillity to react to it. Like, the last message a contact says to you should be a variable that the "script" can use.
5. Extension of these files shouldn't be .lnk since Windows already use that.

1. Plus! can execute a .lnk file with the scheduler already.. so there would be no need to make up a new file. The advantage of having it a .lnk file is that it's totally Window compatible.
2. & 4. Why would you want other people to be able to run commands on your computer? :P
3. Plus! already has a delay funtion in quick texts so you could just use that. (I can't remember the command.)
5. The whole point is making them .lnk files so Windows and other programs can use them.

I just want it to be as simple as possible. Look at the picture I made and see how easy that would be for anyone to use All the user would need to be able to do is understand the Plus! commands, come up with a name for the link and choose where to save it. How easy is that. The person that makes the plugin has to do all the hard stuff, like translate the commands writen in the box into codes that can be used in the .lnk file etc..

This post was edited on 12-31-2004 at 04:58 PM by John.
[Image: johnsig02.png]
12-31-2004 03:31 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Ash_

35 / Male / –
bah cant you just Register the "MessengerPlus_SetName" message and use SendMessage API to send your new nick without it being a plugin?

this is the Visual Basic source code im talking bout.

code:
Public Function SetNewName(ByVal sMessage As String) As Boolean
    Dim nMsg As Long
    nMsg = RegisterWindowMessage("MessengerPlus_SetName")

Dim nResult As Long
    nResult = SendMessage(HWND_BROADCAST, nMsg, StrPtr(sMessage), 1)
    If (nResult = 0) Then
        SetNewName = False 'Can happen if the user if offline
    Else
        SetNewName = True 'There is no absolute way to detect if the function was successful
    End If
End Function

then like use the commandline way Stigmata mentioned and use like "Addnick=- Brb Playin teh Gamez"
and call the function with a nick thats already in a preset variable?

otherwise someone has to do some IMessenger pointer finding :P
[Image: jeansiger5.jpg]
12-31-2004 03:32 PM
Plik
Veteran Member

34 / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by the api documentation
Technical Note: the message must be sent from the same thread Initialize() was called, else, Messenger Plus! will reject the call for security reasons.
12-31-2004 04:11 PM
Ash_

35 / Male / –
bah dll injection, solves everything(Y) :P
[Image: jeansiger5.jpg]
12-31-2004 04:19 PM
Menthix
forum admin

39 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Jaguar
1. Plus! can execute a .lnk file with the scheduler already.. so there would be no need to make up a new file. The advantage of having it a .lnk file is that it's totally Window compatible.
Scheduler does use shell indeed to execute everything, nice :). Any extension can be made windows compitable without much work. My point is that .lnk is meant to be purely a shortcut to another file. A .lnk file itself doesn't contain any other data besides the name and location of the file it should execute, optionally it can has one or more comman line switches.

So when you use pure .lnk you can only store the whole "script" in the shortcut itself by using the command line switches, or have the "script" stored somewhere else and make the .lnk shortcut refer to this. Both methods have downsides:
- .lnk is used, also by by non-plus! users, when they doubleclick these Plus! "scripts" Windows will still try to execute, causing errors.
- The actual "scripts" themselves have to be stored somewhere anyway, when they are stored somewhere in seperate files people can exchange them with eachother on MSN and sites which will boost popularity big time. Ofcourse you can store the "scripts" in .lnk files too, but it must be on one command line, which will be very messy with bigger "scripts", also see point above here.

quote:
2. & 4. Why would you want other people to be able to run commands on your computer?
Many reason, ever did scripting in mIRC or simulair? It's great to have automatic response to certain message/commands. But i understand such things might be to advanced to create in a plugin, certainly for a new plugin.

quote:
3. Plus! already has a delay funtion in quick texts so you could just use that. (I can't remember the command.)
That's true, forgot about that for a moment (even while i was the one requesting it once :O).

quote:
5. The whole point is making them .lnk files so Windows and other programs can use them.
I understand and agree with that. My main point is just that:
- It's not a good idea to store the actual "script" code in a .lnk file
- I think the "scripts" should be stored in seperate files (with other extensions then .lnk) so people can send them to eachother, publish them on sites and such. If you store the "scripts" in either registry, one big file or some kind of database type you would have to import/export "scripts" first which makes it less simple to use.

To be able to run "scripts" from any program there should be something that handles them from command line. Something like:
code:
"C:\Program Files\Messenger Plus! 3\Plugins\scriptlauncher.exe" -run c:\Program Files\Messenger Plus! 3\Plugins\somescript.mps
Took .mps as extension for the file that contains the "script" code (Messenger Plus! Script).

quote:
Originally posted by Stigmata
code:
private sub Form_Load(command as string)
if command = "status=busy" then
messengerapi.mystatus = 2
else
Msgbox "Command Not Reconised"
end if
end sub

Nice, but i prefer pure simple syntax as Jaguar showed in his picture, altough it would require way more programming to be able to use advanced functions in simple syntax mode.
Finish the problem
Menthix.net | Contact Me
12-31-2004 07:18 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Pages: (4): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 4 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: