What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » Plug-Ins » [Suggestion] *.LNK Plugin

Pages: (4): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] 4 » Last »
[Suggestion] *.LNK Plugin
Author: Message:
John

www.johnjoosten.net

38 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: [Suggestion] *.LNK Plugin
Thanks for that MenthiX :) that cleared up a lot. I understand everything you said.

I do think that having other people being able to run these "link/scripts" but typing commands is going a bit too far. The original idea I had was just to have a few icons on your desktop or quick launch bar (or anywhere you want) that would control certain things in MSN Messenger (eg. status changes) by clicking on them.

quote:
.lnk is used, also by by non-plus! users, when they doubleclick these Plus! "scripts" Windows will still try to execute, causing errors.
Well other users that use your computer shouldn't click on things that they don't know, it's their own fault if they cause errors. :P Hehe.

I think the idea of being able to store the "scripts" and being able to share them is a great idea. I can really see this plugin ending up in the group of popular plugins. (ie. SPNG, Song2Nick etc.)

quote:
Originally posted by MenthiX (replying to Stigmata)
Nice, but i prefer pure simple syntax as Jaguar showed in his picture, altough it would require way more programming to be able to use advanced functions in simple syntax mode.
Yeah exactly, this plugin should be a top-notch-user-friendly-plugin. :P
                                                                 n00b ^

This post was edited on 01-01-2005 at 07:23 AM by John.
[Image: johnsig02.png]
01-01-2005 07:16 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
L. Coyote

Captain Obvious

38 / Male / Flag
RE: [Suggestion] *.LNK Plugin
Can't a .lnk file store the type of link? Like ed2k links get ed2k://, URLs are http://, emails are mailto:, etc.

So this .lnk file could actually be something like mplnk://commands

I dunno if this was the idea or what. If not, sorry! :-#

Hack, hack, hack!
Finally became a Systems Analyst! :spam:

01-01-2005 07:21 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
John

www.johnjoosten.net

38 / Male / Flag
That sort of was the idea, but I can see now that you can't just use a stand-alone .lnk file to execute Plus! commands, you need to link it to another ("script") file.
01-01-2005 07:25 AM
John

www.johnjoosten.net

38 / Male / Flag
Sorry to bring up an old topic, but is anyone doing anything on this? Is anyone working on it? Like (CyBeRDuDe) said he would? :)
01-11-2005 10:51 AM
(CyBeRDuDe)

37 / Male / –
I don't know if others started yet?.. But I haven't, i'm sorry.. I would really like to, I think this would have great potential, but I am kinda out of sparetime ATM... so it properly won't be in the near future.. I will do it sometime, if someone still haven't done it, I would gladly make this, but I simply don't have time... sorry...

One thing to note:
I don't want it to be as advanved and stuff as MethinX is trying to... I want it to be very simple, very basic, with a only a few commands, maybe later expanding a bit.. But I only want commands like status change, name change, block, unblock certian contacts/groups, start convo with specific contact, bring up/hide mainwindow.. you know, small things like that.. I don't want big scripts files or anything... That was at least my point in this plugin/program...
I see the smartness in using script files that people can share and just need to be executed.. But I don't see the point in sharing in script file that does something like this:
"Block=xxx@xxx.com
Status=Away"

That's just to lame... sorry... then I would rather just use some command line tags...
01-11-2005 12:42 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
John

www.johnjoosten.net

38 / Male / Flag
That's ok (CyBeRDuDe), I'll wait till you have spare time if no-one else wants to start work on this. :)

That's what I think aswell, it should be very simple. Like I've said in every post in this thread, hehe.
01-11-2005 02:07 PM
Ash_

35 / Male / –
im bringing this thread back from the dead because i'm gonna Develop it. and i just wanted to update everyone on the status.

I Currently can make a .lnk file from within a program but it uses some funky DLL that not everyone has so im gonna look into the COM way of  making the Link files, also im  Looking into Plus's Broadcast messages so i can hook into them like the SetNewName function in the latest API.  and im gonna use the oMessenger variable passed to Initilize if i store it.

the way the Link files are gonna work is ill code a Main exe and call the main exe with command arguments as Stigmata said (Y).

if anyone has any problems with the way im doing it or any suggestions then please reply here, cheers.

This will be my first C++ Msg! Plus plugin but i'm sure all will go well.

ill keep you upto date
[Image: jeansiger5.jpg]
01-18-2005 01:34 AM
(CyBeRDuDe)

37 / Male / –
Yay!!! Go ash!! :D...
That's cool dude, that someone finally took this project...

That's exactly how I would do it to, haev the main exe executed when clicking on the *.lnk files, with the command arguments..
I was just wondering how you would send the command to the plugin, for intstance the SetNewName... How would you transfer this information from the Main Exe to the Running Plugin?... I considered using WinSock or some other Sock, as I have done this before, but I think it has some disadvanteges, people not having the dll files for the Sock, I don't know, but maybe firewall's would be a problem even if it is only connecting local, or some other problems might occour.... Write to a temp file and make the plugin check/load that file each x seconds?... Or do you know to send "API" calls to the plugin?... Using some kind of SendMessage method?... I think this would be the best, but I haven't really tried this yet, but I guess it would be easily done...
I was just wondering which method you would use?

Keep up the good work man!!! :D... Please post any news on your progress when it happens... Maybe make a new thread for it?

This post was edited on 01-18-2005 at 07:25 AM by (CyBeRDuDe).
01-18-2005 07:24 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Ash_

35 / Male / –
Cyber i was looking at using the MsgPlus ways before but now have decided against it. reason being i cannot find a way to get inside plus from an outside exe.

so i will use the API, but dont worry im gonna do this the good way so no windows messenger is needed, just inject my dll into MSN, get the IMessenger3 Pointer and do this each time.

the only problem being that im having trouble Injecting my DLL while the Process is still running.

Did Patchou attempt this for plus and is it even possible anyone?
[Image: jeansiger5.jpg]
01-18-2005 07:35 AM
John

www.johnjoosten.net

38 / Male / Flag
Wow, thanks a lot Ash_ :). Seems like you know what you're talking about, since i can only half understand it, hehe. You should make a new thread and someone can close this one. :)
01-18-2005 09:12 AM
Pages: (4): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] 4 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: