What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » Plug-Ins » [Suggestion] *.LNK Plugin

Pages: (4): « First [ 1 ] 2 3 4 » Last »
[Suggestion] *.LNK Plugin
Author: Message:
John

www.johnjoosten.net

38 / Male / Flag
O.P. [Suggestion] *.LNK Plugin
Ok, here's an idea for a plugin:

I was thinking of a plugin that would be able to make *.LNK files (a shortcut (link)) that would run a certain Plus! command or change something in Messenger by clicking on it from anywhere on your computer. With this plugin you would be able to make a *.LNK file and change things in it to make it do whatever you like.

For example: You could make a shortcut that would change your status to "Busy". Then you could place that shortcut on your desktop or anywhere and by clicking on it it would then change your Messenger status to "Busy".

Does anyone understand the idea? What do you think about it?

This would also be handy with other programs (like a calendar program) that you can set up to start a certain program at a certain time, but instead of making it start a program, you could make it run a shortcut that you've made with the plugin. For example: You could make it automatically chang your status at a certain time or change your nick to "(!NP) - Merry Christmas" on Christmas day. :)

The list of commands you could use in the *.LNK files is very long and I'm sure you can come up with most of them yourself. :)

So, is any plugin maker interested in having a go at this? :)

[Image: johnsig02.png]
12-21-2004 07:21 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Millenium_edition
Veteran Member

RE: [Suggestion] *.LNK Plugin
contacts on desktop anywhere :D
12-21-2004 07:28 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
user27089
Disabled Account

That would be a good idea... possibly have a right-click option on the contacts on desktop, and have it with some features in there like block and stuff :D I dunno though... that would be easier imo.
12-21-2004 07:49 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
John

www.johnjoosten.net

38 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: [Suggestion] *.LNK Plugin
Does anyone else think this is cool? I'd really appreciate it if someone would have a go at making this, please.
12-28-2004 07:54 PM
L. Coyote

Captain Obvious

38 / Male / Flag
Sounds good. :o

I'd give it a try if I wasn't a n00b @ this.

I'll investigate about this and if I have any news I'll tell you.

Hack, hack, hack!
Finally became a Systems Analyst! :spam:

12-28-2004 08:30 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
azn angel

rawr

– / Female / –
dude sounds good not sure if it can be done...probably can.
TREKIE IS MY HOMEBOY <3
12-29-2004 11:49 AM
(CyBeRDuDe)

37 / Male / –
This should be as easy as scrathing your ass.. :D:D:D:D... hehe...
No, seriously, this is very easy if you just got the hang of Msgplus API, and the Messenger API.... If I wasn't busy doing my other programming projects, I would be willing to do this, since this idea have been said several times I think, It was talked about just before Patchou made the "Contacts on Desktop" feature... I haven't been following the latest update in the MsgPlus and Messeng API's so I would have to do some research to get up 2 date, but I can't do that ATM..... But anybody else willing to do this?.. It shouldn't be very difficult if your up 2 date with the API's...

This post was edited on 12-29-2004 at 10:10 PM by (CyBeRDuDe).
12-29-2004 10:09 PM
John

www.johnjoosten.net

38 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: [Suggestion] *.LNK Plugin
Haha, well if it's that easy how long do you think it would take to make a first version? It's really too bad that you can't have a go at it at the moment. I wish I could but it would take me ages to learn it all and the chance that what I would make would work is fairly small. :P I hope someone else thinks this is a good idea aswell and decides to have a go..

I've got nothing to do so I'm going to draw something up to give people an idea of exactly what I mean. :P

[edit] Here's what I drew up:

[Image: ShortcutLinkPlug.jpg]

Can you all see what I mean by the picture? :)

For those who can't see: What this link would do (after clicking on it on the desktop) is send a message to all open conversations saying *John will be right back and then it would put Messenger's status on "Be Right Back".

If you would only use /me instead of /all /me it would send the message to the last active conversation window. So for example if you would make a link that would execute the /close command, it would execute that command in the last active conversation window and thus close that window.

You could make links to execute any Plus! command this way. :)

This post was edited on 12-30-2004 at 12:30 PM by John.
12-30-2004 11:17 AM
Menthix
forum admin

39 / Male / Flag
Sounds a bit like scripting, during the Paris dinner Patchou said once again he will probally never do that ;'(. He had a good reason though.

The example you show in the picture would be fun, but add functions like wait and make it respond to what contacts are saying and you have the easiest script language in the world :).

I like the idea, but it personally think it should be a bit more advanced to make it really fun.
- Activate these things not only by doubleclicking a file but also, like, activate it by using the Plus! sheduler (have it activated on a certain day/time).
- Activate it by what contacts are saying.
- A few "advanced" functions added to it: WAIT, mathimatical functions.... not to much of them tough, this whole feature should be noob-proof.
- Being able to read replies from a contacts and the abillity to react to it. Like, the last message a contact says to you should be a variable that the "script" can use.
- Extension of these files shouldn't be .lnk since Windows already use that.
Finish the problem
Menthix.net | Contact Me
12-30-2004 04:13 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Tarry

MsgPlus?lang=ca

– / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by MenthiX
- Extension of these files shouldn't be .lnk since Windows already use that.
I think he was talking about making them Windows-compatible icon shortcuts, they use the .lnk extension.
12-30-2004 04:21 PM
Pages: (4): « First [ 1 ] 2 3 4 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: