What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » General » General Chit Chat » iPod Used In Domestic Homicide

Pages: (4): « First [ 1 ] 2 3 4 » Last »
iPod Used In Domestic Homicide
Author: Message:
matty
Scripting Guru

39 / Male / Flag
O.P. iPod Used In Domestic Homicide
Friday, March 5, 2004 Posted: 4:50 PM EST (1450 GMT)

MEMPHIS, TENNESSEE (HLN) - A Memphis woman was arrested and charged with first-degree murder after she bludgeoned her boyfriend to death with an iPod.

Arleen Mathers, 23, was arrested Thursday morning after she called Memphis Police and said she had killed her boyfriend, according to a Sheriff’s Department report.

When deputies arrived at Mathers’ apartment at 528 Poplar Avenue, Mathers led them to the body of her boyfriend, Brad Pulaski, 27.

Brad Pulaski had died of blunt trauma to the head after being repeatedly bludgeoned with an iPod, a popular MP3 player produced by Apple.

Police said no motive has been confirmed, although evidence suggested the murder was the result of a domestic dispute after Pulaski erased the contents of Mathers’ iPod.

According to law officers, Mathers was hysterical when police arrived and told them that she killed her boyfriend only after he accused her of illegally downloading music and erased about 2,000 of her MP3s. Mathers complained that it took 3 months to build her music collection.

An autopsy performed Friday afternoon at Methodist Hospital showed that Brad Pulaski had been beat multiple times in the face and chest by a blunt metal object, and died of internal bleeding, said Dr. Felix Klamut, deputy coroner.

According to Apple’s website, the iPod is partially made of a hard metal plate that’s been praised for it’s resistance to regular wear and tear, like drops and coffee spills.

“It took him a while to die,” Dr. Klamut said. “She must have stabbed him 40 to 80 times with that iPod. His death was not instantaneous, that’s for sure”

Arleen Mathers was arraigned Friday night by a video hookup from the county jail. Municipal Court Judge Simon Lambert set her bond at $600,000 and scheduled a preliminary hearing for March 9.
01-25-2005 06:20 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
user27089
Disabled Account

RE: iPod Used In Domestic Homicide
Oh my god, thats insane, it shows how dodgy people are, and how little things have to be for such a dodgy thing to happen... :dodgy: ...
01-25-2005 06:22 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
ayjay

– / Male / Flag
rofl. I'm sure you'd be just a tiny bit annoyed though if somone deleted 2000 songs. why didn't she have them backed up on her computer :P?
01-25-2005 06:26 PM
WDZ
Former Admin

– / Male / Flag
I've read that that story is fake. It was started by some satire site... :dodgy:
01-25-2005 06:38 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Anubis
Elite Member

33 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by WDZ
It was started by some satire site...
Well that's odd, it did seem very real...But I've heard of weirder cases of people having reasons to kill people, usually they have a history of being a little crazy...Like I heard when a man killed his wife because she kept making him banana sandwiches, but I have never heard of a totally sane person doing this type of thing.

Another thing that's been bugging me is we've seen many of these threads with stories on for a while now and they're all in GCC, I hate to be picky but they would have been in T&T before, are the staff's standards declining?...Debate :cheesy:
[Image: anubis5hq.png]
01-25-2005 06:44 PM
_Humphreys
Veteran Member

24 / – / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Anubis
Another thing that's been bugging me is we've seen many of these threads with stories on for a while now and they're all in GCC, I hate to be picky but they would have been in T&T before, are the staff's standards declining?...Debate :cheesy:

Vote CCool for being |337 :P! lol

This sounds stupid someone killing someone with an I-Pod. :^)
AC3
01-25-2005 06:48 PM
WDZ
Former Admin

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Anubis
but they would have been in T&T before
Uhhm... so? :p Decisions made in the past weren't necessarily right.

Anyway, isn't this what GCC is for? Posting a news article and discussing it seems perfectly fine, not spammy... :s

Also, too many good threads go to T&T (or start there) and get pruned. (n)
01-25-2005 06:49 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Anubis
Elite Member

33 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by WDZ

Anyway, isn't this what GCC is for? Posting a news article and discussing it seems perfectly fine, not spammy...
Don't get me wrong I'm in favour of it not going to T&T all the time. I used to think that a lot of good threads were moved to T&T and spammed up...I'm just saying that there's a lot of these threads cropping up now, and the replies to a few are a little spammy, not this one really...anyway I am babbling off now

quote:
Originally posted by Matty
Mathers was hysterical when police arrived and told them that she killed her boyfriend only after he accused her of illegally downloading music and erased about 2,000 of her MP3s.
I find it hard to believe someone would admit to certainly committing one crime, and also of most likely doing another one
[Image: anubis5hq.png]
01-25-2005 06:54 PM
saralk
Veteran Member

35 / Male / Flag
I like this news articles and disscussion after, to me it seems quite the essense of GCC, and definatly not "trash"
The Artist Formerly Known As saralk
London · New York · Paris
Est. 1989
01-25-2005 06:59 PM
paperless
Veteran Member

Saved by the bell

34 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by WDZ
I've read that that story is fake. It was started by some satire site... :dodgy:
You sure?.. it lost all the fun then...
01-25-2005 08:52 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Pages: (4): « First [ 1 ] 2 3 4 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: