What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » General » Forum & Website » Msgplus IRC needs you! (Uncle Sam Style)

Pages: (5): « First [ 1 ] 2 3 4 5 » Last »
Msgplus IRC needs you! (Uncle Sam Style)
Author: Message:
Wabz
Elite Member

Its Groovy Baby!

38 / Male / Flag
O.P. Msgplus IRC needs you! (Uncle Sam Style)
Hey guys I know a lot of you are great helpers here on the forums, new and old.  I recently returned to IRC and the forums on a more permament basis (due to a lot of free time inbetween lectures).  I notice theres a lot of great helpers here who seem to be new to me, and well we could do with some of your time.  Well any of your time.  IRC seems to be forgotten about and we need helpers there as well.

You can come pay a visit by following the webchat link on www.msgplus.net , or you can connect with a proper irc client such as mIRC www.mirc.com  via irc.msgplus.net.  You don't even have to help at all join us in #banana a wonderful channel where you can forge great friendships between other community members *Waves to Sunshine  * .  Any help in our main support channel #msgplus would be greatly appeciated. Or in one of our non-english channels #msgplus.fr, #msgplus.nl, #msgplus.de, and #msgplus.es. .  IRC newbies don't fear just connect via webchat and we'll spend time helping you through anything from the basic /join command through to scripting mirc.

I've been there from our very first IRC channel all those years back and never regretted it.  I learnt a lot, made friends, and well had some really good laughs along the way. All I ask is you join once.  I know you'll enjoy our company and end up being a serial irc idler. 

Thanks Guys I hope to see you there soon !!  Any questions either reply to this thread or PM myself, or Dxtremz!!

This post was edited on 01-25-2005 at 06:26 PM by Wabz.
Mess.be Forum Moderator
Messenger Plus ex-IRC Network Admin
Gimme a Rep!
01-25-2005 06:22 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Stigmata
Veteran Member

20 / Other / Flag
RE: Msgplus IRC needs you! (Uncle Sam Style)
I would be happy to become a helper again...

was removed last time due to inactivity

This post was edited on 01-25-2005 at 06:27 PM by Stigmata.
01-25-2005 06:27 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
DXtremz
Elite Member

DeeEcks

38 / Male / Flag
We would be happy to have you on the team. In the past we had a few issues with the helpers, but we now review each person closely before making them part of the "staff". We'd love to have your help!
01-25-2005 06:30 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
matty
Scripting Guru

39 / Male / Flag
* matty would do it again...

Biut I have limited access as I work nights and am only on my pc for a max of 5 hours each day (not including my days off)
01-25-2005 06:38 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Anubis
Elite Member

33 / Male / Flag
I'd like to join for being a helper, I may be able to start hanging around there a lot from this weekend a fair amount. But last time I went to #banana I got flamed as a n00b :p and the help channel usually seems dead
[Image: anubis5hq.png]
01-25-2005 06:57 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
user27089
Disabled Account

Damn I'll help again :p...
01-25-2005 06:58 PM
Pr0xY
Veteran Member

passwords are for treehouses

– / Male / –
I really enjoy talking to the community on IRC.  I would recommend it to anyone with doubts.  #banana is the goofiest/funniest channel around (most of the time:p). 

Wabs, I have helped out  accouple times in #Msgplus, if you need more people to help, I'd be glad to step up and try my best.  It might help me to learn more about Plus! from people like you (which I've been meaning to try to do for some time now).  Anyways, I'll make a point to try to be on IRC more often to help.  :)

01-25-2005 07:00 PM
Wabz
Elite Member

Its Groovy Baby!

38 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Msgplus IRC needs you! (Uncle Sam Style)
Just get there.  We don't expect you to help.  We're all happy if you wanna chat in #banana all the time. 

MsgPlus is a strange channel it can go for hours without people needing any major help.  Then it hits. 

We're a friendly channel and no one will be classed as a n00b unless they do silly things which annoy others such as TYPING IN CAPS (this is classed as shouting)  flooding the channel with the same line repeatly (we heard the first time and if no one answers theres no one there/ there involved in another conversation).  Just  a little heads up.  There general annoyances on irc. And aren't welcome anywhere (try it in a channel on efnet and see what happens)

wabz :)
Mess.be Forum Moderator
Gimme a Rep!
01-25-2005 07:12 PM
user27089
Disabled Account

whats the new server and stuff... cause I can't get on irc.msgplus.net :p..
01-25-2005 07:15 PM
Wabz
Elite Member

Its Groovy Baby!

38 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Msgplus IRC needs you! (Uncle Sam Style)
taz.tx.us.msgplus.net is the full server address :)
Mess.be Forum Moderator
Gimme a Rep!
01-25-2005 07:20 PM
Pages: (5): « First [ 1 ] 2 3 4 5 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: