What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » General » General Chit Chat » Church of Reality

Pages: (7): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 4 5 6 » Last »
What do you think about the Church of Reality?
This poll is closed.
I like it! 2 6.9%
You guys are all going to burn in hell, sinners! :devil: 4 13.79%
blah.. crap 23 79.31%
Total: 29 votes 100%
  [Show Results | Edit Poll]

Church of Reality
Author: Message:
John Anderton
Elite Member

37 / Male / Flag
RE: Church of Reality
I liked the message of the movie stigmata the most.
Google it :)
[

KarunAB.com
]

[img]http://gamercards.exophase.com/459422.png[
/img]
02-11-2005 10:36 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Anubis
Elite Member

33 / Male / Flag
This just seems like a cult, tbh.
I'm a Christian and I like faith, I prefer to not think of it as religion more of having faith and trying to live under grace and follow the teachings and be close to Jesus. The whole helping those who need help was one of the reasons I actually enjoy helping people out here

This post was edited on 02-11-2005 at 10:43 AM by Anubis.
[Image: anubis5hq.png]
02-11-2005 10:43 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
user27089
Disabled Account

quote:
Originally posted by Anubis
This just seems like a cult, tbh.
I'm a Christian and I like faith, I prefer to not think of it as religion more of having faith and trying to live under grace and follow the teachings and be close to Jesus. The whole helping those who need help was one of the reasons I actually enjoy helping people out here

I have to agree there, I'm not a devout catholic, but at the same time I am dedicated to my religion and respect every religion out there...

I've already said it seems like a cult in my first post :rolleyes:... but yea, there are some cults that are mass, and are pretty much religions, if they mean well then its okay, and I respect that, but if they disrespect other religions and are blasphemous etc. then its just completely rude...
02-11-2005 10:58 AM
user2319
Disabled Account

O.P. RE: Church of Reality
I think it's actually one of the best ideas ever :banana: Believing in what is Real, instead of some crap fiction-based religion. And atheist isn't a religion, it's just saying "I don't believe in god". You should really read some more pages of the site, instead of just reading ~2 paragraphs and the name :P

I suggest these pages:

the Tree of Knowledge
How the Church of Reality got started
"Does God exist?"
Original, more rude "Does God exist?"
02-11-2005 06:12 PM
_Humphreys
Veteran Member

24 / – / Flag
Well it's an unbiased church which would actually make a good religon. Making an un-biased religon accepting that everyone may be right.
AC3
02-11-2005 06:18 PM
user27089
Disabled Account

How can you insist that its not real, a lot of the stuff isn't just belief and made up, there is evidence that jesus was real and stuff... I've read through, but its stupid, how can you make something reality when what you are trying to prevent is apparently not real, surely trying to forget that is being unrealistic...
02-11-2005 06:21 PM
Jhrono
Veteran Member

32 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by PlusFan
I think it's actually one of the best ideas ever Believing in what is Real, instead of some crap fiction-based religion.

Prove to me that jesus didnt exist?see you can't...some things are just too big for us humans...
02-11-2005 06:23 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
user2319
Disabled Account

O.P. RE: RE: Church of Reality
quote:
Originally posted by traxor
How can you insist that its not real, a lot of the stuff isn't just belief and made up, there is evidence that jesus was real and stuff...
I didn't say Jezus didn't exist!

quote:
I've read through, but its stupid, how can you make something reality when what you are trying to prevent is apparently not real
?? What are you talking about?

quote:
, surely trying to forget that is being unrealistic...

quote:
Prove to me that jesus didnt exist?see you can't...some things are just too big for us humans...

I didn't say Jezus didn't exist.

Prove to me that aliens didnt exist?see you can't..some things are just too big for us humans...

Prove to me that trees cant talk?see you can't..some things are just too big for us humans...
02-11-2005 07:20 PM
mad_onion

Windows Vista Rules!

35 / Male / –
lol leo very funny. i think most people will agree that jesus did exist as it seems hard to believe that the people who wrote the new testemant actually all got together to make someone up. its just the walking through walls bit that didnt happen. lets face it the bible is a work of fiction and god doesnt exist and people seem to only have religion so that they dont have to worry about what happens when they die. (if you didnt know you just decompose in the ground and thats it ..... nothing else)
[Image: vistasig9ys.jpg]
02-11-2005 07:43 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
L. Coyote

Captain Obvious

38 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by mad_onion
lol leo very funny. i think most people will agree that jesus did exist as it seems hard to believe that the people who wrote the new testemant actually all got together to make someone up. its just the walking through walls bit that didnt happen. lets face it the bible is a work of fiction and god doesnt exist and people seem to only have religion so that they dont have to worry about what happens when they die. (if you didnt know you just decompose in the ground and thats it ..... nothing else)
Yeah, those people did exist. But the bible and other books were originally done as a politic thing against the Romans and later got translated very, very bad, and over and over again, and stuff was made up to cover the bad or lost pieces... And that's how today millions of people believe in a very crappy translation. 8-)

Hack, hack, hack!
Finally became a Systems Analyst! :spam:

02-11-2005 07:47 PM
Pages: (7): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 4 5 6 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: