What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » General » General Chit Chat » Church of Reality

Pages: (7): « First « 1 2 3 [ 4 ] 5 6 7 » Last »
What do you think about the Church of Reality?
This poll is closed.
I like it! 2 6.9%
You guys are all going to burn in hell, sinners! :devil: 4 13.79%
blah.. crap 23 79.31%
Total: 29 votes 100%
  [Show Results | Edit Poll]

Church of Reality
Author: Message:
user2319
Disabled Account

O.P. RE: Church of Reality
That's the problem, johny, you don't believe in God because you chose to, you were forced in it :P I was raised without this crap, and by objectively looking at a lot of religions, I decided, they're crap. So I've always been atheist. But I think this new idea of a religion based on what is real is a really good idea. So know I believe in Realism :)
02-12-2005 03:08 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
user27089
Disabled Account

RE: Church of Reality
How can you sit there and speak about religion like you're somebody who knows everything about it, I think you're offending people, this thread isn't a good idea, you've started one big argument about religion that wasn't even required, its basically advertising, the church of reality, thats not real at all, its just some stupid cult who believe in nothing, but they are believing in something.

You are trying to make people believe in what you think, its just the same as what people think already... You can't force people into decisions, they have their own beliefs, this is your belief, so what you're saying is completely stupid and judgemental...

This whole belief in what is real is pretty stupid, to me, you're coming across as one of those people in cults who do stuff like mass suicide, its just one big joke in my opinion, just leave people to believe what they believe, if they wanted to believe in this realism thing, then I'm sure religion would have been dead a while back, but no, its the way people live, leave it as that okay...
02-12-2005 03:13 PM
Jhrono
Veteran Member

32 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by PlusFan

That's the problem, johny, you don't believe in God because you chose to, you were forced in it I was raised without this crap, and by objectively looking at a lot of religions, I decided, they're crap. So I've always been atheist. But I think this new idea of a religion based on what is real is a really good idea. So know I believe in Realism

:@ i Wasnt forced!! i can quit if i want!it was my option to continue what people thaught me...!!there's no obligation...i think you are a true result of a education named " let it go and he knows how to choose.."...that type of education allways goes wrong...just a last phrase...U DONT NEED TO BE DIFERENT TO BE ACCEPTED...got it?...oh and i second trax when he said :
quote:
Originally posted by traxor
How can you sit there and speak about religion like you're somebody who knows everything about it, I think you're offending people

Oh and talking about being forced...it seems to me that thats what you are doing to us..u are forcing us to believe something that isnt correct in our way of thinking...Your persuading us to be different...i also agree with trax...this thread is useless...
02-12-2005 03:32 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Menthix
forum admin

39 / Male / Flag
quote:
The Church of Reality is a religion based on the practice of Realism, believing in everything that is real. Our motto is, "If it's real, we believe in it."
Racism, war, torturing... those are real things as well, but do i want to "believe in it"?

quote:
Sheep - People who let others do their thinking for them. People who are not in control of what they believe in. People who have not taken personal responsibility to question their faith. People who refuse to ask the Sacred Question - "What is Real?" To be a sheep is to follow blindly a path where reality is excluded from the process.
Not to offend anyone, but i would feel like this kind of "sheep" when i start to believe in some religion found on the internet.

quote:
Born Again - Starting over from scratch after losing everything on your computer and having no data backups. (Being Born Again is not a good thing in the Church of Reality)
Since when is formatting your PC part of a religion :).

quote:
Sin - To introduce chaos or viruses into the Tree of Knowledge. To persecute explorers. To intimidate seekers of reality. To spread false and misleading information. To cause humanity to evolve in a negative direction.

quote:
The Holy TV Show - The Holy TV show is Star Trek. Star Trek is the Holy TV show because it is a show that envisions a future where we have evolved in a positive direction towards a future that is better than the one we have today. In Star Trek we have put our race and national differences behind us and we have united together as one planet to reach out into the universe and make peaceful contact with other life forms that we find as we explore the universe. Star Trek inspires our imagination and causes us to become One with the Tree as our minds are led to contemplate the Holy Question - what will the future of the human race be?. Star Trek honors the Sacred Direction and the Principle of Positive Evolution as well as many other Sacred Principles of the Church of Reality.
:D

quote:
The Sacred Network - The Sacred Network is Internet. Also known as the "Golden Router" or "Sacred Router". It is the technology where we communicate - exchange idea - store our history - and make information available so that we as a race can grow together and explore reality as it really is.
:D:P

quote:
The Sacred Joke - There are 10 kinds of people in the world - those who understand binary - and those who don't.

Alright, i'll stop. All quotes came from the site, more funny quotes there.
Finish the problem
Menthix.net | Contact Me
02-12-2005 05:45 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
user27089
Disabled Account

This is the most hilarious site on the internet, its basically a mass cult of geeks, thats all I'm saying.
02-12-2005 05:48 PM
mad_onion

Windows Vista Rules!

35 / Male / –
lol yes the religion of reality does seem strange but no stranger than Christianity. some guy up in the sky that does everytihng and can kill thousands of people in minutes if he wants to seems strange to me.
but yeah i think they should just be left alone, no one is going to change a religious persons mind. i know for a fact no one could make me believe in god because it seems silly to me.
i say again religion is only there so that people think that when they die they will go somewhere when in fact they will just rot in the ground.
[Image: vistasig9ys.jpg]
02-12-2005 05:52 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Weyzza
Veteran Member

SoCal sunset > *

– / Male / –
quote:
So, thekid, do you believe that the bible is the word of God, and that it's correct? Because there are a *lot* of translation issues with it. This is a nice article about it.
Yes, I believe that the Bible is the Word of God. We have a *lot* of "translation issues" with it, but it affects no major doctrine.
quote:
That's the problem, johny, you don't believe in God because you chose to, you were forced in it :P I was raised without this crap, and by objectively looking at a lot of religions, I decided, they're crap. So I've always been atheist. But I think this new idea of a religion based on what is real is a really good idea. So know I believe in Realism :)
Same here.
I was raised without any religion background. My parents did not force me to get one either. They only taught me moral.
I bet your parents taught you so, like stealing is bad, and so on.
quote:
Originally posted by traxor
How can you sit there and speak about religion like you're somebody who knows everything about it, I think you're offending people, this thread isn't a good idea, you've started one big argument about religion that wasn't even required, its basically advertising, the church of reality, thats not real at all, its just some stupid cult who believe in nothing, but they are believing in something.

You are trying to make people believe in what you think, its just the same as what people think already... You can't force people into decisions, they have their own beliefs, this is your belief, so what you're saying is completely stupid and judgemental...

This whole belief in what is real is pretty stupid, to me, you're coming across as one of those people in cults who do stuff like mass suicide, its just one big joke in my opinion, just leave people to believe what they believe, if they wanted to believe in this realism thing, then I'm sure religion would have been dead a while back, but no, its the way people live, leave it as that okay...
Yes, I think the whole idea of this thread is just an advertisement.

For me, the Church of Reality just wants to unite all atheists in the world into one "religion."
And maybe some atheists still might not like the idea of it.
If you read an article in the site that PlusFan gave us, you'll notice that these people somewhat believe the existence of God, but they want to see it with their own eyes.
I don't mean to offend these people, but they are weak.
If you really don't believe that God exists, say it.
A real atheist once said that even if he saw the empty tomb of his own eyes, he would never believe the existence of God.

What I comprehend from CoR's stand is that they will believe the existence of God if God shows Himself.
Registered 7638 days, 19 hours, 6 minutes, 45 seconds ago.
Happy Birthday, WDZ

02-12-2005 05:56 PM
user2319
Disabled Account

O.P. RE: RE: Church of Reality
quote:
Racism, war, torturing... those are real things as well, but do i want to "believe in it"?
You don't have to believe that's it's good, you just have to see the truth, and realise that there's still people being tortured, instead of denying that people are being tortured

quote:
Not to offend anyone, but i would feel like this kind of "sheep" when i start to believe in some religion found on the internet.

You would be a sheep if you believed it without questioning it

quote:
Since when is formatting your PC part of a religion :).

Since computers allow you to share knowledge.. see the tree of knowledge thing.

quote:
i say again religion is only there so that people think that when they die they will go somewhere when in fact they will just rot in the ground.

It isn't too strange, I think. I mean, would you rather like to rot in the ground or go to heaven and party with Jezus and all the people you know who have died? Easy choice...

The jokes in the terminology, are indeed funny:) But they don't mean Marc Perkel isn't serious about it

quote:
Originally posted by http://diary.churchofreality.org
It's 5 years old!

It was 5 years ago that the Church of Reality was born. At first it was just a humorous idea. I registered the domain name and started building the web site. As I wrote a lot of ideas came together. At first I wasn't sure that it would ever be a "real" religion because - like most people - I had the idea that in order to be a religion that you had to believe in things that aren't real. But that's not the way it is.

Religion is a statement of your identity and your belief system and how you evaluate truth. It is about your morals and ethics and your community. How you evaluate right and wrong. To identify with a religion is to associate yourself with a belief system. In society, it identifies you in the larger culture of people who care about those sorts of things.

Religious identity is important in society. Many wars are fought over religious issues - my God is stronger than your God. People want to know what religion you identify with so they can evaluate your moral code.

But - what of those who have no religion - or - not organized religion that matches their belief system? What is their religious identity? Are they a "nothing"? And what does that say about them. To be an Athiest is not a religion. An Athiest is merely someone who does not believe in God(s). So - what of someone who believes in reality? There is not church for them - until now.

The Church of Reality goes beyond a mere title. As I wrote about the Tree of Knowledge and Intelectual Tything and created the Order of Root and wrote the Sacred Principles it became apparent that I could in fact create a religion based on reality and perform the mission of being a religion without putting limits on reality and declaring arbetrary truths that become carved in stone and hold reality back from progressing.

The belief in Reality and the Practice of Realism is as rich and full as any other religion. It is unique and it is forward looking and it requires personal responsibility. It has all the elements of every other religion and then some. And I look back and I look forward and I think that this is an important step forward and a contribution to religious choice.

quote:
Yes, I believe that the Bible is the Word of God. We have a *lot* of "translation issues" with it, but it affects no major doctrine.
Actually, it *does*. And.. how can you be sure that the bible you're reading (the Christian) is the "good" one, and the ones the muslims and Jews read is (partly) false?

quote:
If you read an article in the site that PlusFan gave us, you'll notice that these people somewhat believe the existence of God, but they want to see it with their own eyes.
I don't mean to offend these people, but they are weak.
If you really don't believe that God exists, say it.
A real atheist once said that even if he saw the empty tomb of his own eyes, he would never believe the existence of God.

What I comprehend from CoR's stand is that they will believe the existence of God if God shows Himself.

It's like believing in aliens. There's no proof (yet?) that there are aliens. Some people know that they saw aliens, and are *absolutely* sure of it. They even take pictures of UFOs. However, I won't believe in aliens, untill I've seen proof. Which is logical. Same goes for God. There are people who believe God exists, but they have no real proof. I don't believe God exists. But if he shows up, I will admit that I was wrong and I will believe in God.

There used to be people who were absolutely sure the world is flat. They thought that you could reach the end, and then fall off. They thought that the theory of the world being round was rubbish. So they were aworldisroundists. Should they have sticked to their "the world isn't round" beliefs? No!
02-12-2005 06:37 PM
Weyzza
Veteran Member

SoCal sunset > *

– / Male / –
quote:
Actually, it *does*.
No, it doesn't. With all those various translations, they all say that salvation is by grace alone.
quote:
And.. how can you be sure that the bible you're reading (the Christian) is the "good" one, and the ones the muslims and Jews read is (partly) false?
You know, reading the Bible and knowing that it is true are not the first thing. The first thing is believing. I honestly doubted it at first. I kept searching, did at least four months of research, and joined some religious mailing lists to find the base of the truth. I ended up becoming a Christian.
quote:
It's like believing in aliens. There's no proof (yet?) that there are aliens. Some people know that they saw aliens, and are *absolutely* sure of it. They even take pictures of UFOs. However, I won't believe in aliens, untill I've seen proof. Which is logical. Same goes for God. There are people who believe God exists, but they have no real proof. I don't believe God exists. But if he shows up, I will admit that I was wrong and I will believe in God.
So, what's wrong believing something that is unseen? That's called faith. Again, my friend, it will be too late by the time you believe in God if you keep on your stand.
quote:
There used to be people who were absolutely sure the world is flat. They thought that you could reach the end, and then fall off. They thought that the theory of the world being round was rubbish. So they were aworldisroundists. Should they have sticked to their "the world isn't round" beliefs? No!
lol
I think that they just missed that.
Yeah, that was one of the greatest fault that Old Roman Catholic church made.
They even home-prisoned Galileo Galilei who was a devoted believer.
"He sits enthroned above the circle of the earth" Isaiah 40:22.
Hmm... why isn't it the flatness of earth? Because it says so.

And if you are interested, the Old Roman Catholic church also thought (and think) that salvation was not by grace alone.
Registered 7638 days, 19 hours, 6 minutes, 45 seconds ago.
Happy Birthday, WDZ

02-12-2005 07:13 PM
user27089
Disabled Account

quote:
You would be a sheep if you believed it without questioning it

So that means we aren't sheep, I'm sure every one of us has questions our faith at one point...

it seems that site should be

The Church of Contradiction
02-12-2005 07:18 PM
Pages: (7): « First « 1 2 3 [ 4 ] 5 6 7 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: