What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » [updated 1/2/06] A-Patch v1.3.0 RC2 - 1 Million Downloads!

Pages: (30): « First « 16 17 18 19 [ 20 ] 21 22 23 24 » Last »
1 votes - 5 average   [updated 1/2/06] A-Patch v1.3.0 RC2 - 1 Million Downloads!
Author: Message:
einum

Freude am Fahren

49 / Male / –
RE: RE: [updated 15/05/05] A-Patch v1.1.9 - Added a few more options/features
quote:
Originally posted by costre
The last thing I need to get rid of is the tabs in the main window, the groups. You can change the order, but you can't remove them completely. Being able to do that would be awsome!
Try this: Settings - Security (second from the bottom) - The computer is also used by others, so don't show my categories (bottom).

"Ad hoc"-translation from Norwegian.

Edit: From the screenshot I saw that you are Swedish, so I believe it will be something like this: Personliga innställningar - Säkerhet - Min dator blir också nyttat av andra, så inte visa mina kategorier.

This is probably all "Svorsk" / "Sworvegian", but hey, I tried! ;)

This post was edited on 05-28-2005 at 04:58 PM by einum.
05-28-2005 04:53 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
costre

RE: [updated 15/05/05] A-Patch v1.1.9 - Added a few more options/features
Tackar Erik! / Thanks Erik!

Now it's starting to look like I want it to!

www.thorning.nu/msnstripped2.jpg

This post was edited on 05-29-2005 at 12:15 AM by costre.
05-29-2005 12:15 AM
einum

Freude am Fahren

49 / Male / –
An extremely clean and simple Messenger you've got there costre!

As I see it there is only two more things to do:
- get rid of the yellow bar above your contact list, that is an problem with A-Patch installed... Becuse the yellow bar get unclickable after using A-Patch. But try this: Settings - General - Click the More info-button at the bottom section. I believe that helped me after using A-Patch.
- use ResHacker to create a more discrete SignOut-button above your contact list. Maybe make it invisible? Just a transparent PNG-image. That will make it look like there is no button there until you hover your mouse over that area.

This post was edited on 05-29-2005 at 11:06 AM by einum.
05-29-2005 11:02 AM
giken

Windows Live Butterfly

46 / Male / Flag
I have to confirm the yellow bar bug: after a-patch it's not possible to click on it anymore (both in contact list and in message windows).
Also some of the text in the shorter info options shows empty yellow bar without text...

btw, I don't understand the reason to make sign-out button hidden :) Maybe we can change the image icons...

Sign-out and always on top icons in the mess patch look better, maybe ahmad can use them in his patch :)

This post was edited on 05-30-2005 at 09:29 PM by giken.
05-30-2005 08:49 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
einum

Freude am Fahren

49 / Male / –
In my opinion the AlwaysOnTop look better in A-Patch, but SignOut look better in MessPatch. This is possible to change by using ResHacker. Read earlier postings in this thread.

My suggestion to costre about a "hidden" SignOut-button was because he has a VERY clean Messenger (look at his screenshot: http://www.thorning.nu/msnstripped2.jpg). I didn't mean to hide the button, but create one that is transparent, so you can't see that there is a button there before you move your mouse over that area. And there is no point for others than costre to have a transparent button, unless they have stripped their Messenger as he has.

quote:
Originally posted by Ahmad
quote:
Originally posted by provolino
Is a-patch missing any other feature compared mess.be patch?
Why don't you compare them and find out?
As I mentioned earlier, I have been thinking of a comparsion between A-Patch and MessPatch. Well, now I've finished it: http://home.loqal.no/~erikeinu/patch/patches.html

Feel free to comment it. (And if you like it, why not give me reputation credits for it.... ;))

I don't think there will be a surprise to anyone to reveal that A-Patch has more features than MessPatch. But I got a little surprised myself, when I saw that MessPAtch actually have quite a few features that A-Patch doesn't have!

UPDATE: I suddenly noticed a disadvantage of ResHacking the Sign Out button: the same "icon" is also used for fullscreen video conversation, so ResHacking the Sign Out button makes the fullscreen button looks silly!

Non-ResHacked:
[Image: Original_Fullscreen.png]

ResHacked:
[Image: ResHacked_Fullscreen.png]

When you run the video conversation in full screen you get the opposite icon to turn full screen off:
[Image: Exit_Fullscreen.png]

A pity that the Sign Out uses the same icon as full screen. Any way to change this?

MORE INFO: The MessPatch adds a .NET-style SignOut-button, but the fullscreen button is not changed. Hope Ahmad is able to solve this little "mystery"...

This post was edited on 06-06-2005 at 09:38 PM by einum.
05-30-2005 09:17 PM
Ahmad

@hmad

40 / Male / –
O.P. RE: [updated 15/05/05] A-Patch v1.1.9 - Added a few more options/features
quote:
Originally posted by einum
As I mentioned earlier, I have been thinking of a comparsion between A-Patch and MessPatch. Well, now I've finished it: http://home.loqal.no/~erikeinu/patch/patches.html

Feel free to comment it. (And if you like it, why not give me reputation credits for it.... ;))

I don't think there will be a surprise to anyone to reveal that A-Patch has more features than MessPatch. But I got a little surprised myself, when I saw that MessPAtch actually have quite a few features that A-Patch doesn't have!

Hey, nice comparison ;) 'preciate it :) Good to see A-Patch out doing messpatch (imo :P).
06-07-2005 08:06 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
einum

Freude am Fahren

49 / Male / –
RE: RE: [updated 15/05/05] A-Patch v1.1.9 - Added a few more options/features
quote:
Originally posted by AhmadHey, nice comparison ;) 'preciate it :) Good to see A-Patch out doing messpatch (imo :P).
Thank you for the feedback! Even though most of the text was just written from the patch-software, it took a while to put it up, so I'm glad to hear that the time spent wasn't in vain. ;) My intensions is to keep this page updated when new releases are made of the patches.

There are no doubt that A-Patch have more features than MessPatch, but to make A-Patch "complete" I would love to see this fixed / included:
- Always on top button in conversation without being forced to remove MSN-logo (possible in MessPatch)
- .NET-style Sign Out button without changing the fullscreen button in video conversation (possible in MessPatch)
- remove the emoticons button from the formatting toolbar (possible in MessPatch)

I hope you don't take this feedback as criticism, because it isn't meant to be anything else than comments / suggestions. One other thing, if you have time to look at it, even though it isn't directly A-Patch related, but a ResHack question, is my reply to provolino in http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=38...d=469540#pid469540
06-07-2005 09:58 AM
linx05

Charlie!!!

38 / Other / Flag
Disable Song Links
Removes MSN Music Search

That would be a good addition imo.
For news on anything Tremors, visit Tremors News
End Darko
My blog about my film

Scripts I want to get made:
Taskbar icon to change when contact is typing
06-07-2005 11:41 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
einum

Freude am Fahren

49 / Male / –
I personally don't mind the song links, it's kind of a nice way to tell the difference between an ordinary PM, and what your contacts are listening to. After all you don't need to click the link, I've done it once just to see what it was.

But I understand that different users have different needs, so I don't mind if Ahmad includes this feature too.
06-07-2005 11:48 AM
Supersonicdarky
Veteran Member

– / – / Flag
when u are in the process of patching the banner is a littile old :P

[Image: attachment.php?pid=475616]

.png File Attachment: patch.png (31.25 KB)
This file has been downloaded 1298 time(s).
06-07-2005 11:50 AM
Pages: (30): « First « 16 17 18 19 [ 20 ] 21 22 23 24 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: