What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » [updated 1/2/06] A-Patch v1.3.0 RC2 - 1 Million Downloads!

Pages: (30): « First « 14 15 16 17 [ 18 ] 19 20 21 22 » Last »
1 votes - 5 average   [updated 1/2/06] A-Patch v1.3.0 RC2 - 1 Million Downloads!
Author: Message:
einum

Freude am Fahren

49 / Male / –
RE: [updated 15/05/05] A-Patch v1.1.9 - Added a few more options/features
Ahmad, do you have time to look at the questions in my last post?

Thanx!
05-19-2005 11:56 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Ahmad

@hmad

40 / Male / –
O.P. RE: RE: RE: [updated 15/05/05] A-Patch v1.1.9 - Added a few more options/features
quote:
Originally posted by einum
A few quick questions about these two features
quote:
Originally posted by Ahmad  » Remove Yellow Info Bar
Will this one completely remove the yellow bar? What about the yellow bar that sometimes shows when file transfer is slow? Is this the same function? If not is it possible to remove that one to?
I haven't tested it that extensively yet, but that yellow bar should completely cease to exist.

quote:
Originally posted by einum
quote:
Originally posted by Ahmad  » Shorten Status Info in Info Bar
This one just shortens the status as described in:
quote:
Originally posted by AhmadMore info about these features can be found --> here.
right?
Will it show up as "Contact is offline" or "John is offline"?
It will show up as "Contact is offline"

quote:
Originally posted by einumAnd if I want to have Norwegian text there, I have to reshack myself?
Yes. :)

quote:
Originally posted by provolinoalso these features are english only, can you add support for other translations? I can provide italian text if you want (and for idle patch as well)
As I mentioned earlier, if I incorporate extra languages then I shall contact you for the italian translation if you're still interested at the time :)

This post was edited on 05-20-2005 at 12:09 AM by Ahmad.
05-20-2005 12:08 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
einum

Freude am Fahren

49 / Male / –
RE: RE: RE: RE: [updated 15/05/05] A-Patch v1.1.9 - Added a few more options/features
quote:
Originally posted by AhmadI haven't tested it that extensively yet, but that yellow bar should completely cease to exist.
Good! Sometimes it take days between each time it pop up due too slow transfer, and sometimes it is quite "sticky". But I don't dislike the yellow bar giving me info about the contacts status. Hmmm. Decisions, decisions... *-)

quote:
Originally posted by AhmadIt will show up as "Contact is offline"
quote:
Originally posted by einumAnd if I want to have Norwegian text there, I have to reshack myself?
Yes. :)
Well, I bet you already guessed my next question: Where? :P You should have a webpage with descriptions of the language-specific texts that is changed due to A-Patch, so it is possible to manually reschack them. :)

quote:
Originally posted by AhmadAs I mentioned earlier, if I incorporate extra languages then I shall contact you for the italian translation if you're still interested at the time :)
And if you need something rare as a Norwegian translation, PM me. This is valid both for translation of the A-Patch GUI and for language-specific texts inside Messenger that is changed because of A-Patch. BTW: One of the translations of MessPatch is Swedish.

Note: Also Swedish and Danish, most of the Finnish and some Icelandic people are able to read Norwegian. So it will not only be for the few "Norsemen"! (H)
05-20-2005 12:31 AM
Joe771

Would it be possible to add an option to be able to set your status to "idle", so it looks exactly like you've gone idle automatically.

Sounds like a strange idea i guess but messenger discovery does it:

quote:
Able to see "idle" and go "idle"
Being idle is hidden with MSN Messenger, but MessengerDiscovery 3 will make this status visible and usable.

http://www.messengerdiscovery.com/?p=news

Don't really want to install messenger discovery for that one feature.

Would be useful if one of my contacts starting talking to me but i didn't want to talk to them at that time (for whatever reason) I could change to idle rather than have it look like i've manually set it to away looking like i've just ignored them!

This post was edited on 05-21-2005 at 08:34 PM by Joe771.
05-21-2005 08:25 PM
Ahmad

@hmad

40 / Male / –
O.P. RE: [updated 15/05/05] A-Patch v1.1.9 - Added a few more options/features
quote:
Originally posted by Joe771
Would it be possible to add an option to be able to set your status to "idle", so it looks exactly like you've gone idle automatically.

Would be useful if one of my contacts starting talking to me but i didn't want to talk to them at that time (for whatever reason) I could change to idle rather than have it look like i've manually set it to away looking like i've just ignored them!

I actually made this patch for myself ;) but I don't wanna include it, because I want to know when my contacts are REALLY Idle and not just ignoring me :P
05-21-2005 11:41 PM
blaiseaz

RE: RE: [updated 15/05/05] A-Patch v1.1.9 - Added a few more options/features
quote:
Originally posted by Ahmad
quote:
Originally posted by Joe771

I actually made this patch for myself ;) but I don't wanna include it, because I want to know when my contacts are REALLY Idle and not just ignoring me :P

Talking about this feature, it seems to not work with the last build .813! You have indeed removed it in your last update. Differentiate "idle" from "away", does not work. I realy need it. Even the one from mess patch does not work. It has worked fine with my beta .604. Any fix in the coming days??? Thanks
05-22-2005 08:28 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by blaiseaz
Talking about this feature, it seems to not work with the last build .813! You have indeed removed it in your last update. Differentiate "idle" from "away", does not work. I realy need it. Even the one from mess patch does not work. It has worked fine with my beta .604. Any fix in the coming days??? Thanks
Ahmad and Joe771 were not talking about that. They were talking about manually setting your own status to "idle", this is completely different (although related)....

Anyways, to come to your question: Why not do it yourself then:
Matty's reply to Is it possible or anyway of telling the real status of the contact??

.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
05-22-2005 10:57 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
giken

Windows Live Butterfly

46 / Male / Flag
please can you add winamp support for now playing future and swap title/artist trick?
thanks
I think the best plugin for that you can include is:

http://silicon.xs4all.nl/index/msgramp

It gives useful setting panel where you can change title/artist informations too :)

If you can, please add the ability to remove clickable link on now playing, it's present in mess patch and I think it's very useful (no reasons to buy song, if i'm playing it I already got it eheheh) :)
maybe you can replace the link on other contacts now playing with somethink like "automatic message asking to send that song" :)

P.S:
Is a-patch missing any other feature compared mess.be patch?

This post was edited on 05-25-2005 at 01:40 PM by giken.
05-25-2005 12:43 PM
Ahmad

@hmad

40 / Male / –
O.P. RE: [updated 15/05/05] A-Patch v1.1.9 - Added a few more options/features
quote:
Originally posted by provolino
P.S:
Is a-patch missing any other feature compared mess.be patch?
Why don't you compare them and find out?
05-25-2005 11:22 PM
giken

Windows Live Butterfly

46 / Male / Flag
Sorry, I didn't want to make you angry... just asking ;)
I compared them and I didn't find out other differences so I asked if I'm missing something :)

I just wanna make your patch more complete :)

Friends? ;)
05-26-2005 06:54 AM
Pages: (30): « First « 14 15 16 17 [ 18 ] 19 20 21 22 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: