What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » General » General Chit Chat » Do you believe in ghosts

Pages: (11): « First « 1 2 3 4 [ 5 ] 6 7 8 9 » Last »
Do You Believe In Ghosts? (not the afterlife....GHOSTS)
This poll is closed.
Yes 22 40.74%
No 21 38.89%
Not Sure 11 20.37%
Total: 54 votes 100%
  [Show Results | Edit Poll]

Do you believe in ghosts
Author: Message:
Anubis
Elite Member

33 / Male / Flag
RE: Do you believe in ghosts
quote:
Originally posted by DureX

in my old house when i went to my parents room to get something, the tv turned on by itself and no one was in the room
Have you heard of sleep timers?...It's not hard to accidentally set them on most TVs...also a momentary power cut could cause a similar effect, and the white noise could be caused by the tele switching off in an instant.

quote:
Originally posted by Dash

i once walked into the lounge room, and the stereo started playing on its own, soi got freaked out and thought we were haunted
Again, when this happens, it's usually some dodgy timer, perhaps someone left it on or a similar IR frequency was emitted from something else which caused it to activate. These occurrences are far more likely than Ghosts...

quote:
Originally posted by MC.POP
being scared of it might cause it to appear, thats what i think
It's more likely to trip something in your brain that makes you aware for something, so you look for whatever you are looking out for and when you see something similar you may have a momentary feeling of a Ghost or see something similar.

quote:
Originally posted by st0rm
and everytime i slept over all you could hear was things banging on walls and stuff...
Could just be the wind...
[Image: anubis5hq.png]
03-06-2005 03:01 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Tasha

31 / Female / Flag
I believe in ghosts. Like in our old school, in one room, the door would be closed shut tight to our classroom, and everyone would be sitting in there seats, and it wouldn't even be windy, and then suddenly, the door would open. Once we even saw the handle move, and NO-ONE was outside the door.

And then there are things where I feel someone or something watching me, but nothing is there.

And it can be perfectly warm, and I get a sudden shiver. I've heard that ghosts do that if they walk through you or something.. *-)

It hasn't been completely proven or completely disproven. I reckon ghosts are the restless spirits of our souls, when we die. (Something like that..)

*shivers and darts looks around* All this talk of ghosts is creeping me out. (No, i'm not paranoid).

EDIT: Typos. >.<

This post was edited on 03-06-2005 at 04:04 PM by Tasha.
www.mycutelobster.co.uk
"Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry,
but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?"
03-06-2005 04:03 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
vacuumo

– / Other / –
Ghosts are complete bull.
But, if they DO happen to exist, I swear I'll become a Ghostbuster.
[Image: vac.gif]
03-06-2005 04:21 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
.Roy
Veteran Member

20 / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by Anubis
quote:

in my old house when i went to my parents room to get something, the tv turned on by itself and no one was in the room
Have you heard of sleep timers?...It's not hard to accidentally set them on most TVs...also a momentary power cut could cause a similar effect, and the white noise could be caused by the tele switching off in an instant.

quote:
Originally posted by Dash

i once walked into the lounge room, and the stereo started playing on its own, soi got freaked out and thought we were haunted
Again, when this happens, it's usually some dodgy timer, perhaps someone left it on or a similar IR frequency was emitted from something else which caused it to activate. These occurrences are far more likely than Ghosts...

quote:
Originally posted by MC.POP
being scared of it might cause it to appear, thats what i think
It's more likely to trip something in your brain that makes you aware for something, so you look for whatever you are looking out for and when you see something similar you may have a momentary feeling of a Ghost or see something similar.

quote:
Originally posted by st0rm
and everytime i slept over all you could hear was things banging on walls and stuff...
Could just be the wind...

i think it was the timer.. Cuz i always saw it popped up and i didnt understand what it was.. THANKS
03-06-2005 04:25 PM
user44571
Disabled Account

quote:

there is no timer, and the music wasnt music we knew of, i think somebody was turning on a cd player somewhere to trick me

This post was edited on 03-06-2005 at 04:31 PM by user44571.
03-06-2005 04:29 PM
dotNorma
Veteran Member

32 / Male / –
Alot of "parinormal" things happened to me in the 4th grade...but other then that year, nothing really happened to me.

Like on time, I was riding my bike to my house with a friend at 11 or 12 PM. We were just passing under a street light and it was pretty bright. But suddenly, The noise of a flag ruffling appeared along with the shadow of it waving. BOTH my friend and I looked up and then at each other, there was no flag around and the shadow was gone. It wouldn't of been so weird...but BOTH of us saw it.

Another time, I was riding my bike to a friends house with two friends. I got pretty tired and I started to lag behind them. I started feeling like you do when you pass out...Woozy and your eye sight gets fuzzy...And I almost pass out (My eyes closed). One of my friends ahead yells, "Oh Sh*t" and my eyes open and I was UPSIDE down in mid air. As my eyes opened, I started to fall and landed on the cement, my back on the other side of the road. I actually knocked out two loose teeth when I landed.

We couldn't explain either of them...
03-07-2005 02:50 AM
nemo

34 / Male / –
I vote no, mainly because I've never encountered anything similar to these beings you call "ghosts".
[Image: sprlsig.jpg]
03-07-2005 07:09 AM
squall_leonhart69r
Banned

37 / – / –
my mums a medium of sorts and sos my sister

i have some ability and a pic of something resembling a presence

[Image: f54ced43.jpg]

now thats freaky

and mum sez theres 6 ghosts in that picture alone !!!! :O

i can only see 1 clearly and 2 a lil less clearly

note to self.. i hate that pic it sends a shiver through me coz she stares right at you
03-07-2005 10:51 AM
user44571
Disabled Account

i can see a boy in that picture, but his head is cut of by the top of the pik
03-07-2005 12:04 PM
squall_leonhart69r
Banned

37 / – / –