What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » General » General Chit Chat » Do you believe in ghosts

Pages: (11): « First « 4 5 6 7 [ 8 ] 9 10 11 » Last »
Do You Believe In Ghosts? (not the afterlife....GHOSTS)
This poll is closed.
Yes 22 40.74%
No 21 38.89%
Not Sure 11 20.37%
Total: 54 votes 100%
  [Show Results | Edit Poll]

Do you believe in ghosts
Author: Message:
squall_leonhart69r
Banned

37 / – / –
RE: Do you believe in ghosts
lol well its when things move that arent sposed to that somethings on
03-07-2005 04:41 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
user27089
Disabled Account

I definitely believe in ghosts, all of this nonsence that jaguar is say is BS, I can't believe how narrow-minded you are, ecto-plasm is not a made up word at all, plasma is another state, have you ever seen those electric ball things that you touch, thats plasma in that which looks like electric bolts... This is pretty much what ghosts will be made up of, these 'beings' are simply the spirits of people, and can only be seen when they want to be seen, they do things for reasons, they can't harm you, they can cause mischeif, but they won't harm anybody at all, as I said, if they appear and you see one, there is no point in being afraid, there is probably reasons why its there, possibly trying to tell you something, when you hear bangs in the night, this may be because they are trying to tell you something, i can assure that there is an afterlife, and this also leads to the 'haunting' of places, where you may hear things, they are simply spirits, they may be bad, or they may be mischevious...

I myself have had many encounters, and so has my family and friends, it generally only happens to those who are open to the fact that spirits exist, or just those who are open minded anyway, but still, I can't prove that they are or aren't real, I'm just saying this from experience. Just like squall, my family are pretty much clairvoyents, I personally, can look at somebody and concentrate and see their aurora, I'm still trying to concentrate harder, but I can only really see their glow, not any colours yet, but I am becoming more tuned in and can see a slight colouration, but my father, can see the full colour, and has many encounters with ghosts. He goes to spiritualist groups, and I know many of them, they can say pretty insane things, some I do not know, and they say things about me, which are quite factual, my dad can close his eyes, and he can get through things, its scary, as if the spirits are speaking to him, I have a video of him meditating, and there are 'orbs' everywhere, I'll show you if you want?

quote:
Originally posted by Jaguar
By, "the face in the corner", I'm assuming you meant the face in the bottom right red circle.

How can I explain that face? Simple: You take a photo of a floor, open it in an imaging editing program, add some light and dark spots that resemble a face and hey presto!, you've got a 'ghost'.

If it's not that then it's just a coinsidence.

Here's a way (out of many) to prove that ghosts cannot exsist: I'm sure you think that ghosts can think, right? Well for something to be able to think, it needs solid matter (a brain) and inside that solid matter, electrical and chemical reactions have to take place, for it to be able to think. (That's the shortest way you can define what thinking physically is.)

But.. I'm sure you'd say that ghosts are see-through or even invisible, right? Well solid matter can never be invisible, (you can see glass even though it's see-through). So since you need solid matter to think, ghosts wouldnt be able to think, and something that isnt able to think, wouldnt be able to do all the things you say ghosts can do, would it?

I think that you can simply say, 'oh its a fake' but have you taken the time to consider that this picture may be real, it looks pretty real to me, photoshopping such a thing so precisely so that only certain people can see things would be pretty difficult don't you think? How can you just push it away as 'coincidence'?

Jaguar, jellyfish have no optical nerves and no brain, think about that ;).

Who said anything about this matter being solid, its ectoplasm, thats not solid, its in a different state, is fire solid, its unstable, how do you know that these forms aren't unstable, I'm pretty sure that you don't, and, I can assure you that there are many things that we do not know about already, we don't know everything about science yet, there are more than 3 states of matter mate.

quote:
First of all, ectoplasm is a word that was made up to discribe something that has never been proven to exist.

Secondly, if you're saying ghosts are ectoplasm, but then saying ghosts have cells, you're saying two oppisites. Ectoplasm (from what Freud describes it to be) isnt supposed to consist of cells, nor solid matter.

"and as i said, my mum saw the spirits auras in the picture, so that shunts your theory comlpletely"
How in the world does that shunt my theory? If I told someone that I saw a whale flying yesterday, would that automatically 'shunt' the theory that whales cant fly? I don't think so. Saying something, without proof, can never prove anything right or wrong.

It's amazing how a bit of fog can, so quickly, convince someone that ghosts exist.

Ectoplasm isn't a made up word, its a scientific word used for a certain state.

No it wouldn't shunt your theory at all, its because what you're saying is completely unbelievable, but to see something like a ghost would not be so unbelievable as sightings of ghosts and other supernatural happenings are so frequent, they aren't classed as 'fake' really anymore, so him saying this, would be believable, through trust and many other factors.

Hmm, this 'bit of fog' you talk about may be a lot of fog, not even fog at all, this guy would probably have had experiences...

quote:
I've told you already, I'm not being a skeptic. I'm telling you pure facts which prove that it's not possible for ghosts to exist. It's not that I don't want to believe, give me proof and I'll believe. I think it would be quite interesting if ghosts were real. But I know for a face that they're not, because I can prove that they cant be real.

"people have out of body experiences"
So they say.. That's also something that's never been proven. So I'm not going to just believe that, in the same manner as people just believe in ghosts without having any proof.

I'm pretty sure that what you are doing is being sceptical, I find your meaning a little bit dodgy, I think that sceptical means unsure :-/. I'll try and get some proof, I'm not sure if you'll believe or anything, I'll try and upload the footage of my dad meditating to the computer, but my bastard host has gone bankrupt :-/. So I may have to use somebody elses hosting :-/.

This post was edited on 03-07-2005 at 05:03 PM by user27089.
03-07-2005 04:44 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
wacky

Chromo :wink:

– / – / Flag
:rolleyes:

it's all in the mind and lots of people make up fake stories about them...
03-07-2005 04:50 PM
andrey
elite shoutboxer

– / Male / Flag
lol okay, I haven't really seen any ghosts jet, that's everything I can say...
feel free to post the video traxor :p

Btw, are you very religious ?
I could guess there's a connection between if you are "religious" or not and if you believe in ghosts / don't belive in ghosts.

This post was edited on 03-07-2005 at 05:00 PM by andrey.
[Image: w2kzw8qp-sq2_dz_b_xmas.png]
03-07-2005 04:58 PM
user27089
Disabled Account

quote:
Originally posted by andrey
lol okay, I haven't really seen any "ghosts" jet, that's everything I can say...
feel free to post the video traxor :p

Btw, are you very religious ?
I could guess there's a connection between if you are "religious" or not and if you believe in ghosts / don't belive in ghosts.

I'm quite religious yes...
03-07-2005 04:59 PM
squall_leonhart69r
Banned

37 / – / –
psychic energy is what ectoplasm is made of

and you know what

its been proven to exist (psychic energy that is)
03-07-2005 05:00 PM
user27089
Disabled Account

check out these pictures:

[Image: ghost1.jpg]

[Image: ghost2.jpg]

[Image: ghost4.jpg]

[Image: ghost6.jpg]

[Image: ghost7.jpg]

[Image: civilwar.jpg]

[Image: weird.jpg]

03-07-2005 05:14 PM
M73A
Veteran Member

34 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Do you believe in ghosts
wheres the ghost in the pic with the guy in the graveyard ^o)

[Image: lost7ru.gif]
03-07-2005 05:22 PM
user27089
Disabled Account

[Image: attachment.php?pid=398576]

answer your feeble question :refuck:

joking dude ;). :p

.jpg File Attachment: personorfake.jpg (28.01 KB)
This file has been downloaded 286 time(s).
03-07-2005 05:25 PM
squall_leonhart69r
Banned

37 / – / –
the last one is faked by using the fps of the camera against it
03-07-2005 05:25 PM
Pages: (11): « First « 4 5 6 7 [ 8 ] 9 10 11 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode