What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » General » General Chit Chat » Do you believe in ghosts

Pages: (11): « First « 6 7 8 9 [ 10 ] 11 » Last »
Do You Believe In Ghosts? (not the afterlife....GHOSTS)
This poll is closed.
Yes 22 40.74%
No 21 38.89%
Not Sure 11 20.37%
Total: 54 votes 100%
  [Show Results | Edit Poll]

Do you believe in ghosts
Author: Message:
squall_leonhart69r
Banned

37 / – / –
RE: Do you believe in ghosts
most of the ghosts on that site theres only about 3 real pics
03-07-2005 08:55 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
King For A Day

Vince Noir: King Of the Mods

35 / Male / –
nah i realy dont go 4 that kind of thing just oesnt work 4 me, i have no reason to believe, same with religeon
[Image: smaller6mh.png]
03-07-2005 09:13 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Tasha

31 / Female / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by King For A Day
nah i realy dont go 4 that kind of thing just oesnt work 4 me, i have no reason to believe, same with religeon

You have no reason to believe... But you have no reason  to not believe... Think about it. ;)
www.mycutelobster.co.uk
"Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry,
but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?"
03-07-2005 09:56 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Rik

31 / Male / Flag
That site has a note:
quote:
Webmaster's Note: So, real or not? That's up to you to decide! Remember, every photo we feature here on our site is for entertainment purposes only. All in all, I think this one is pretty cool either way!

03-07-2005 09:58 PM
M73A
Veteran Member

34 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Do you believe in ghosts
hmm this thread has made me think....i believe in ghosts less now...but  ghosts would explain lots of noises and things that happen, coz some of the science answers sound complete bull...

[Image: lost7ru.gif]
03-07-2005 09:59 PM
mwe99
Veteran Member

36 / Male / Flag
yep i do, apparently when i was about 5 we lived in this place, and my mum went downstairs and left me alone... i started screaming and she ran up and i kept screaming "dont let her take me" but apparently we did always have the "haunted" room... about a week later my friend got it (she lived in the room next door to us - her mum found her screaming "dont let her take me" too :S:|
03-07-2005 10:41 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
M73A
Veteran Member

34 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: RE: Do you believe in ghosts
quote:
Originally posted by mwe99
yep i do, apparently when i was about 5 we lived in this place, and my mum went downstairs and left me alone... i started screaming and she ran up and i kept screaming "dont let her take me" but apparently we did always have the "haunted" room... about a week later my friend got it (she lived in the room next door to us - her mum found her screaming "dont let her take me" too :S:|

weird^o).....it really makes ya think when more than one person has the experience and its not connected....did you find out who or what you didnt want to let take you?

[Image: lost7ru.gif]
03-07-2005 11:08 PM
segosa
Community's Choice

I'm not being narrow-minded, but here are my thoughts.

How can you look at some photos and "know" which are ghosts and which are not? How can you know? Are you saying when you see special effect ghosts in films there's a possibility they are ghosts too? Anyone could Photoshop an image and make it look like there's a ghost. It isn't hard, and you guys have fallen for it.

That picture has a faint outline of a face in the bit of fog. Wow! Amazing. Do you know that the human brain will believe whatever it wants? I could barely even see it at first, but when you look hard enough you see 3 darker areas which slightly resemble a face. Wow, that's so unlikely.

Currently the only limit we have is science. If this limit is broken, there is no limit to what can happen. What stops us from flying, or from making objects move, etc.? You can believe what you want, but that doesn't make it exist.

There may be unexplicable things, but do you realise most of those are based on what people believe they've experienced? Come on, anyone can see a TV turn on and think it's a ghost. Hello? Dodgy wiring? Oh my, I just saw something in the sky, it must be a UFO because there's nothing else it could be!

I know most of the people who "believe" are going to shrug this post off as narrow-minded or something, but you have to understand I'm not saying you can't believe in it, I'm saying you need to think things through and not shrug off scientific explanations for your "ghost" theories since right now it explains pretty much 99.9% of what happens in your life. What is doesn't explain is simple - the human brain. The human brain is what "creates" ghosts. Think about it.

What's more, people arguing over it makes it even less credible. They're either visible or not, they can either be photographed, or they cannot.

* segosa realises he's most likely pissed off a few people. :dodgy:

This post was edited on 03-08-2005 at 03:19 PM by segosa.
The previous sentence is false. The following sentence is true.
03-08-2005 03:15 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
John Anderton
Elite Member

37 / Male / Flag
We cant prove that ghosts dont exist so there is a possibility that they exist. I dont think science will prove the existance even if they exist so its upto us what we believe. Keep an open mind to all possibilities ... thats one of the best ideas imo
[

KarunAB.com
]

[img]http://gamercards.exophase.com/459422.png[
/img]
03-08-2005 03:28 PM
Tasha

31 / Female / Flag
Not gonna call you narrow-minded Segosa, but..

Ever considered Science can be wrong? :p I'm not saying ghosts exist or not.. actually, i'm pretty sure they do, as do 'other life forms'. But if it is proved, then I would believe they don't exist.

tbh, I still don't believe you can photograph it though.. they all look photoshopped to me.. Just like I don't believe anyone has ever photographed a real UFO.

And maybe the mind can create such things. Well, it can, but you can't tell me that over a (maybe) quarter of the world imagine ghosts.. :undecided:

Science can't prove or disprove anything abnormal totally.. They can think they do, they can research so much, but they are sure to have missed something by accident.

You are a bit narrow-minded to believe that humans and animals are the only life forms though.. :dodgy:

* Tasha hopes she hasn't annoyed Segosa, and is just pointing her opinion out, and doesn't want an arguement.

:)

This post was edited on 03-08-2005 at 03:54 PM by Tasha.
www.mycutelobster.co.uk
"Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry,
but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?"
03-08-2005 03:54 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Pages: (11): « First « 6 7 8 9 [ 10 ] 11 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: