What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Tech Talk » Wireless Network, HELLLLLLLLP...oh come on, u must be able to help me sumhow plz:'(

Pages: (5): « First « 1 2 3 [ 4 ] 5 » Last »
Wireless Network, HELLLLLLLLP...oh come on, u must be able to help me sumhow plz:'(
Author: Message:
surfichris
Former Admin

RE: Wireless Network, HELLLLLLLLP
First the typical thing is to see if you can ping each machine.

Start -> Run -> cmd

ping may

If that does not work try entering the ip of the computer "ping 192.168.0.x" or whatever it is.

If that still doesn't work its your network connection. If it does work then it isnt your network connection (so not a problem with the wireless equipment).

Try disabling the firewall temporarily on each computer to see if that makes a difference.

Also, you need to enable file and printer sharing ont he computer. Go Start -> Control Panel -> Network Connections. Right click on the network connection and go Properties. Click Install -> Protocol -> Add. If File and Printer sharing doesn't show up in that list or is in the parent list in "This connection uses the following items" it is installed already.

Also, if you try navigating to \\Computer ip in Windows Explorer, does that work? If so it's a problem with hostname resolution on one of your computers. Edit the "hosts" file (google it) and add both machines to it.
03-16-2005 09:09 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
M73A
Veteran Member

34 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Wireless Network, HELLLLLLLLP
i've pinged may  didnt work. i pinged the ip and that was successful. thanks for all the information, i got to go to sleep ill try the rest tommorrow, THANKS FOR THE HELP (Y)

[Image: lost7ru.gif]
03-16-2005 10:38 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
M73A
Veteran Member

34 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: RE: Wireless Network, HELLLLLLLLP
quote:
Originally posted by Chris Boulton
Also, if you try navigating to \\Computer ip in Windows Explorer, does that work? If so it's a problem with hostname resolution on one of your computers. Edit the "hosts" file (google it) and add both machines to it.

i get 'you do not have permission to access this.........'

quote:
Also, you need to enable file and printer sharing ont he computer. Go Start -> Control Panel -> Network Connections. Right click on the network connection and go Properties. Click Install -> Protocol -> Add. If File and Printer sharing doesn't show up in that list or is in the parent list in "This connection uses the following items" it is installed already.

Done still no luck...

quote:
If that does not work try entering the ip of the computer "ping 192.168.0.x" or whatever it is.

they both get a successful reply.

quote:
Try disabling the firewall temporarily on each computer to see if that makes a difference.

Is Completely off when trying these....

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In my network places i cant access the other computer.....(from my workgroup) (cant even see the shared folders in my network places)

but i have clicked create shortcut \\may\my documents\my files (etc etc) and it works.....i can access it like that no problem but if i try and access the computer through the work groups i get the access permissions error message

This post was edited on 03-17-2005 at 07:44 AM by M73A.

03-17-2005 07:38 AM
M73A
Veteran Member

34 / Male / Flag
BUMP

03-17-2005 10:32 PM
M73A
Veteran Member

34 / Male / Flag
O.P. OMG DAMN NETWORK, someone please help me:'(
right...ive recently got a wireless network ive set it up with help from people on the forum...i woke up today and the networking no longer works and the internet that was being used no longer works.....

nothing in the settings had changed since the last time i used it and it was working...what could have happened?

thanks

03-18-2005 04:34 PM
The_Thief

The man with a thousand sites :D

48 / Male / –
RE: OMG DAMN NETWORK, someone please help me:'(
Couple of things to check

1) Power on the modem and wireless router or hub
2) Modem online
3) computer sees the router/hub
3) reset both modem, PC's and Router/Hub by unplugging them waiting 5-10 seconds then plug them back in

Hope that helps
03-18-2005 04:48 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
M73A
Veteran Member

34 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: OMG DAMN NETWORK, someone please help me:'(
im on a diferent modem (older one...) with the other one i cant even get online. but i could this morning:S

my network no longer shows either computer in the workgroup.

the wireless pci card says it is connected to the wireless router but  i cannot connect to the internet or the other pc.

wtf is going on:S:S:S:S:S:S

03-18-2005 05:21 PM
The_Thief

The man with a thousand sites :D

48 / Male / –
RE: OMG DAMN NETWORK, someone please help me:'(
You may want to try access the router thru your browser.  Also to to phisically reset the router.  There should be a reset button on the router that will allow you set it to factory default.
03-18-2005 05:28 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
M73A
Veteran Member

34 / Male / Flag
still unsuccessful....atm ive got my old modem connected through ethernet to the wireless router....thats how im online but i cant access the other computer. i think if i find out why the other computer has disappeared it might fix the other stuff aswell

03-18-2005 05:50 PM
M73A
Veteran Member

34 / Male / Flag
O.P. how uninstall networking?
can anyone tell me how i can uninstall some networking because i want to try and reinstall it because it is f*cked for no apparent reason. thanks.

03-18-2005 07:38 PM
Pages: (5): « First « 1 2 3 [ 4 ] 5 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: