What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » Offical 3.50 Torrent

Pages: (8): « First « 3 4 5 6 [ 7 ] 8 » Last »
Offical 3.50 Torrent
Author: Message:
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: Offical 3.50 Torrent
quote:
Originally posted by mattm591
ALL of cookies points are retarded and make absoloutley no sense.
mattm591, as for the flame towards me:
I'm not an retarded 28 year old newb PC user with a bad reputation of stating crap. I'm using computers since I was 5, and the net since it become popular in the 80's. I have a very high experience in a very wide field of the IT bussiness and know what I'm talking about.

quote:
As for this rubbish about fakes and viruses.. I think DJCrazyMonkey sums it up nicely...
Would you download the .exe of a program from a dodgy site? Hell no. Then why get the torrent from there either? How many people don't get Msgplus from the official site anyway?
DJCrazyMonkey is wrong:
Would you download the .exe of a program from a dodgy site? Hell no.
=> Even with bittorrent there is no control on where people download their exe's from!!! In fact, bittorrent is P2P (for the very last time ffs), meaning you download from a peer, not a website, that's the whole point of bittorrent and other P2P methods. It is quite possible that they are downloading a fake setup via a fake torrent (although with bittorrent this chance is a very small bit less then other P2P methods as it is somewhat 'more controlled', but still is very very high)

How many people don't get Msgplus from the official site anyway?
=> A whole lot!!!!! Browse the web to the numerous messenger related sites and check the download counts on their mirrors...

quote:
If an offical torrent was offered (and i agree it seems unecessary) then why get a fake?
People do NOT know if it is fake or not in the first place. Why can't you understand that? And offering something legal will always bring other people on the idea to corrupt it and try to spread that. This is not some rubbish, this is what is happening already right now (and always has happened).

quote:
If anything you should support it cookie so that less fakes are made and more get the offical torrent.
Read and understand what I have said previously here. and:
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
There is also the factor that whenever an official torrent is available, people _will_ attempt (and succeed) in creating fakes, just to countradict it, thus increasing the number of fakes.

------------

And may I conlcude with:

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
Do as you please, but if I find an increasing amount of fake stuff (other and more then the useual) I know what the cause was...
I already found two FAKE versions of the new 3.50... This exactly proofs my point!!!!!!!!!!

This post was edited on 03-17-2005 at 02:56 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
03-17-2005 02:51 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
mattm591

35 / Male / –
O.P. RE: Offical 3.50 Torrent
Lol... you just don't seem to be able to change your ideas because of your bad experiences.. ah well... can't be bothered to argue with you..
03-17-2005 04:01 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
L. Coyote

Captain Obvious

38 / Male / Flag
quote:
Lol... you just don't seem to be able to change your ideas because of your bad experiences.. ah well... can't be bothered to argue with you..
lol, you always want to have the last word, huh?

Hack, hack, hack!
Finally became a Systems Analyst! :spam:

03-17-2005 04:18 PM
KhalidBoussouara

What is the difference between creating a fake torrent and a fake exe file? Not much.

If a user trusts the official site for exe files then the site is just as trustworthy for torrents. Patchou can create an official torrent for the installation file. Peers can send any data they want to other peers on a torrent. However this fake data will never make it into the finished download. It does this by calculcating hashes of portions of the file and stores them in the torrent file. When the user downloads a block of data it calculates the hash of the block. If it does not match the hash in the torrent it is discarded.

If Patchou creates a torrent of Messenger Plus then it will be a valid torrent which you can trust. How will you know which one was created by Patchou? It will be on the official site.

If a user does not trust exe files which are not from the official site then surely they will not trust torrent files not from the official site?
03-17-2005 11:45 PM
Purity
Veteran Member

AngelFuck

34 / Female / –
quote:

This thread is stupid....:dodgy:

^o) You're full of your self....:dodgy:

You think you understand bit torrents?

You're not smart for argueing with Cookie, I'm sure he knows alot more than you about, im not saying he's the smartest but hes knows what he's talking about....

Bit Torrent(s) are P2P You are still sharing it.

There wouldn't much of a point for an official bit torrent anyway>..

As for this lame ass thread, I don't see why you're making a big deal out of it....
[Image: puritysig8.jpg/]
www.purity.toastednet.org
03-17-2005 11:52 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: RE: Offical 3.50 Torrent
quote:
Originally posted by KhalidBoussouara
If Patchou creates a torrent of Messenger Plus then it will be a valid torrent which you can trust.
yes but EVERYBODY CAN MAKE TORRENT FILES AND START TO SPREAD THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

quote:
How will you know which one was created by Patchou? It will be on the official site.
DUUUUH!... then why downloading via torrent in the first place... :rolleyes:

quote:
If a user does not trust exe files which are not from the official site then surely they will not trust torrent files not from the official site?

There is no way in knowing if the file is fake or not!!! YOU know the official site, I know the official site, but totaly n00bs will not. For all they care is that http://www.messengerplus.net/ is official...

----------------------------

I have repeated everything already to many times, reread the thread as nothing new is said since a long time. If people fail to see how things work, then too bad...

This post was edited on 03-18-2005 at 12:17 AM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
03-18-2005 12:14 AM
ShawnZ
Veteran Member

32 / Male / Flag
quote:
On popular torrents I get speeds of up to 60 kb/s compared to 58 kb/s on uber fast Microsoft servers.
That's just because you have a slow internet connection. On Bittorrent i get like 80kb/s, but on `uber fast' microsoft servers, i can get my entire downstream bandwidth (nearly) at around 2~3mb/s.
Spoiler:
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
03-18-2005 12:26 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
reisyboy
Elite Member

Messenger Oldie ;-)

36 / Male / –
well although you all didnt seem to love the idea of a bit torrent link. As a mirror here is an eXeem link (Decenteralised Bit Torrent). Distributed form me so you know its real (Y). Please remember though virus check it yourself to be safe, i have and know it to be safe. Do not download from other links that you do not know use verified hashes or links, but even then there is a risk. Make sure your virus scaners are uptodate to always be sure :)

Click Here for eXeem Link
Reisyboy: He is the priest to guide us from evil.. which isn’t working… so we call him Frier Tuck
03-18-2005 07:46 AM
mattm591

35 / Male / –
O.P. RE: RE: Offical 3.50 Torrent
quote:
Originally posted by Purity

You're not smart for argueing with Cookie, I'm sure he knows alot more than you about, im not saying he's the smartest but hes knows what he's talking about....

Lol just cus cookie has some high status on this little message board don't make him an all knowing power 8-) And you don't even know me do you f00l.
03-18-2005 06:49 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Veggie

37 / Male / Flag
RE: RE: RE: Offical 3.50 Torrent
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Purity

Lol just cus cookie has some high status on this little message board don't make him an all knowing power 8-) And you don't even know me do you f00l.

you have taken this far enough, what is your problem. listen to the people on this forum. They know what there talking about (well atleast cookie :P) so just stop flaming, its just a waste of cyberspace.
03-18-2005 06:57 PM
Pages: (8): « First « 3 4 5 6 [ 7 ] 8 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: