What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » General » General Chit Chat » do you think we should have the death penilty

Pages: (6): « First [ 1 ] 2 3 4 5 » Last »
do you think we should have the death penilty
Author: Message:
-dt-
Scripting Contest Winner

;o

35 / Male / Flag
O.P. do you think we should have the death penilty
well im doing a talk on this tomorrow so I just wanted to hear everyones opinions
I  think yes we should have it for muderers and such because if they have they right to take away one (or many) peoples lifes i think we should kill them insted of us paying for them to live in prision for the rest of their life.

what do you guys/girls think?
[Image: dt2.0v2.png]      Happy Birthday, WDZ
03-20-2005 07:25 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
blackjack

=/

36 / Male / Flag
RE: do you think we should have the death penilty
i think we dont have the right to kill someone ''we'' people are here to live in comunity, but well if someone does not respect to eachother, something should be done against him/her to keep tht safety and let the ''someone'' rest in peace. i wouldnt say this but well if someone messes with my family of course.. go ahead with it... :undecided:

sorry for my bad english :p
[Image: z3n0900.ashx]
03-20-2005 07:34 AM
user44571
Disabled Account

i think no, but heck, it isnt in australia anyway :refuck: we did this as a debate in my class
03-20-2005 07:35 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
WDZ
Former Admin

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by -dt-
we should kill them instead of us paying for them to live in prision for the rest of their life
Yeah, I agree. I think people who have committed multiple serious crimes and who are truly threats to society should get the death penalty.
03-20-2005 07:36 AM
Joa
The dodgiest member

116 / Female / Flag
nope. i think its a far worse punishment to keep somebody alive and suffering (stuck in jail for the rest of their life).

also, sometimes it turns out that the person was not guilty. how can you say, 'alright u'r free to go' when they're already dead?

also... what's the point of commiting another murder? shouldn't the people who killed the "real" murderer be charged for the same thing? i know the rules and all, but killing is still killing... it does not really teach others not to kill if the government does the same thing.

just my opinion :P
:bow: gif :bow: <3   

spam.

03-20-2005 07:37 AM
Vilkku
Veteran Member

35 / Male / Flag
I pretty much have the same opinion as Joa. Killing the killer will make us killers too. Anyway, there is no deaht penalty here (Finland).

This post was edited on 03-20-2005 at 07:54 AM by Vilkku.
[Image: signature.php]
03-20-2005 07:41 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
blackjack

=/

36 / Male / Flag
RE: RE: do you think we should have the death penilty
quote:
Originally posted by WDZ
quote:
Originally posted by -dt-
we should kill them instead of us paying for them to live in prision for the rest of their life
Yeah, I agree. I think people who have committed multiple serious crimes and who are truly threats to society should get the death penalty.

yeah, in that case i agree with death penilty, we dont have the right too choose who lives or not. but if he/she is a murderer needs to pay the crimes that commited *-) instead of just being in jail, thinking how to escape. :angry:
[Image: z3n0900.ashx]
03-20-2005 07:41 AM
user44571
Disabled Account

quote:
Originally posted by blaCkjaCk

yeah, in that case i agree with death penilty, we dont have the right too choose who lives or not. but if he/she is a murderer needs to pay the crimes that commited instead of just being in jail, thinking how to escape.

but if they were innocent and the court thought they were guilty, thats is murder
03-20-2005 07:43 AM
J.J

R.I.P Myles. Missing you.

33 / Male / Flag
If we were in introduce the death penalty, i beleive that nobody should be killed unless they confess to the bad crime that they have committed...

If the evidence all points to the person accused and he is convicted but he continues to say he is innocent, they should only give the person a jail sentence...unless its blaitently obvious that they've done something wrong eg: saddam hussein, osama bin laden

You don't want people getting the death penalty when theres a possibility that they havn't commited the crime...

Other people may have different opinions but thats just my opinion anyway...
[Image: bluesig5rz.png]
Previously known as \'lappin\' and \'Third Dimension\'

Damo says (12:00 AM):
-pictures harry potter naked-
03-20-2005 07:45 AM
WDZ
Former Admin

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Joa
nope. i think its a far worse punishment to keep somebody alive and suffering (stuck in jail for the rest of their life).
Maybe, but wouldn't most people rather live than die? Also, keeping them alive costs the taxpayers money... is making criminals suffer really worth it? The taxpayers don't get much out of it, so I think not.

quote:
also, sometimes it turns out that the person was not guilty.
True, and I also hate to see innocent people go to jail or be killed. The justice system has to be extremely careful when dealing with life-or-death situations.

quote:
it does not really teach others not to kill if the government does the same thing.
Blah... there's a difference. A murder is usually planned by one person, and done in a violent way. A death penalty execution is decided with a long and careful process by prosecutors, judges, jurors, etc.. The actual killing is done in a non-violent way with a chemical injection.
03-20-2005 07:49 AM
Pages: (6): « First [ 1 ] 2 3 4 5 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: