What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » Plug-Ins » Auto-Reply robot

Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
Auto-Reply robot
Author: Message:
DAZL

RE: Auto-Reply robot
I thought I would be able to get into msn modding without any knowledge of coding, but that's not gonna happen I understand?

no special Messenger Plus coding language yet?

hmmm to bad...

I had some ideas that might be worth creating, but since I don't know crap about coding I'll give my ideas away in change of a place in the 'about' box in the plugin that's gonna use my ideas (A):P

some ideas:
- if it is (or becomes) possible to create a bot I suppose there would be a way to 'order' your msn to do stuff
i.e. I use 2 msn accounts, one home, always online and one at work. sometimes I see my home account is online but I want to turn it to away
with a bot you could progam the function to give a codeword to your msn like 'go away' and your msn with bot answers "/away" and then "ok ok, I'm gone" or something like that... right?

- the possibility to add a, whatstheword, italic/bold/underlined/striked code in a message
i.e. typing "I b[so]b i[fecking]i u[hate]u you right now!" would give something like "I so fecking hate hate you right now!" to the other person... I'm active on boards pretty much so I miss the possibility to do this in chats...

- adding the ability to kick someone from a conversation if your with you accidentally added the wrong person

-more ideas but can't think of more now...

just some ideas, like to hear what you guys think of them and if it's possible

and maybe if it's possible to add all of it in stuff ng plugin, I so love the way so many functions are added in just one plugin, just like I liked Messenger Plus at first for adding so many things with just one program...
04-28-2005 09:24 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Plik
Veteran Member

34 / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by DAZL
- if it is (or becomes) possible to create a bot I suppose there would be a way to 'order' your msn to do stuff
i.e. I use 2 msn accounts, one home, always online and one at work. sometimes I see my home account is online but I want to turn it to away
with a bot you could progam the function to give a codeword to your msn like 'go away' and your msn with bot answers "/away" and then "ok ok, I'm gone" or something like that... right?
While not exatly what you want you can control a messenger client through telnet using Cyberdudes shortcut plugin. (Note this plugin is still in beta and my be buggy.

quote:
- the possibility to add a, whatstheword, italic/bold/underlined/striked code in a message
i.e. typing "I b[so]b i[fecking]i u[hate]u you right now!" would give something like "I so fecking hate hate you right now!" to the other person... I'm active on boards pretty much so I miss the possibility to do this in chats...
If you have enabled the "Enable multi format irc style shortcuts" option (Preferences >> Instant messages >> Commands and tags >> Bottom of the window) then use the following shortcuts.
Ctrl + B - Bold
Ctrl + U - Underlined
Ctrl + T - Itallic
Ctrl + K - Colour your message
Ctrl + O - Reset formating
Ctrl + R - Show a small box with all the formating options (The only way to access strike out using keyboard shortcuts)

Alternativly you can use tags to control the formating of your message. These are the tags you can use:
(!FB) - Bold
(!FU) - Underlined
(!FI) - Itallic
(!FS) - Strike out
(!FC<color code 0-67>)  - Colour your message
(!FB<color code 0-67>) - Colour the background of the message

quote:
- adding the ability to kick someone from a conversation if your with you accidentally added the wrong person
The only way that would be possable would be for the contact being kicked to have a plugin installed aswell, and who is going to install a plugin that kicks them from group convos, especially as this would be abused.

This post was edited on 04-28-2005 at 10:53 PM by Plik.
04-28-2005 10:52 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Dempsey
Scripting Contest Winner

http://AdamDempsey.net

37 / Male / Flag
RE: RE: Auto-Reply robot
quote:
Originally posted by Madman

quote:
-adding the ability to kick someone from a conversation if your with you accidentally added the wrong person
The only way that would be possable would be for the contact being kicked to have a plugin installed aswell, and who is going to install a plugin that kicks them from group convos, especially as this would be abused.

Even if both people had the plugin it wouldnt be possible without just opening a new conversation without the user you want to kick, as afaik the protocol doesnt support kicking users

This post was edited on 04-29-2005 at 09:15 AM by Dempsey.
SoundPacks   -   Scripts   -   Skins

that's not a bug, thats an unexpected feature
04-29-2005 09:14 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
(CyBeRDuDe)

37 / Male / –
Well.. Just let you guys out there know... :d..
I've succesfully made a auto-responder bot.. :D.. BUT!!! It's far from finished yet.. and I am not gonna release a "beta" yet, I only made the main code of the auto-responding thing.. And I need to do some major changes and fixes to it... I can't promise any date/time yet for a alpha/beta release, but I was hoping for it to be possible during next week... Well.. I'm really tight scheduled next week, so don't count on it.. But keep your hopes high!!! :D...

quote:

This will much likely be possible.. As I already thought about this!.. Until then your can use my "Shortcut Plugin" which have Remote Controlling builld in..
quote:

As madman referece to, this is already possible using MsgPlus!... So.. ´Shouldn't be any problems at all!!!... But, the contact receiving this message, have to use MsgPlus! to be able to see the message correctly!....
quote:

I am not sure what this would have to do with the "Auto-responder Bot" thingy as this thread is about?

04-29-2005 02:09 PM
DAZL

I'm very curious about the auto-responder... please keep me/us updated in this thread :)

further more: the last quote you used was just a random idea I had for a plugin... it, indeed, had nothing to do with your auto-responder

also: is it maybe possible to customize the tags used to make text italic or bold or underlined etc.?

and thanks for answering my questions so fast btw :)
05-07-2005 05:10 PM
la3toot

O.P. RE: Auto-Reply robot
Sorry guys I will be off for about 2 months because I have exams for the last grade of high school (next year is university) .
I will keep in touch once I have my holidays .
05-07-2005 06:32 PM
(CyBeRDuDe)

37 / Male / –
quote:
I'm very curious about the auto-responder... please keep me/us updated in this thread :)

further more: the last quote you used was just a random idea I had for a plugin... it, indeed, had nothing to do with your auto-responder

also: is it maybe possible to customize the tags used to make text italic or bold or underlined etc.?

and thanks for answering my questions so fast btw :)
Ok.. :D.. Well.. The kick thíng has been talked about before.. search the forum and you will see why it hasn't been made yet and properly never will...
Yes you can customize the tags used by setting a new QuickText, but you are still limited to that the tag has to be (!xx) replacing xx with what you want but needs to be at least two letters.. so.. it won't do much good..
I will make a new thread for the auto-responder bot sometime.. but until now i'm not doing any progress... There will most likely not be any updates the next 14 days.. and only very limited during the 2-4 weeks after that.. since i'm going into my exams period right now.. so... But the plugin will be made sometime.. :D... don't worry... it's just a matter of time.. :D..
05-07-2005 07:49 PM
Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: