What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » Plug-Ins » Auto-Reply robot

Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
Auto-Reply robot
Author: Message:
la3toot

O.P. Auto-Reply robot
Hi All .. I'm a VB Developer and just touched the MsgPlus Plugin issue and got a good background about making a plugin ..

I want to design a Robot to respond to messages I recieve while being away .. I know that I can make an auto respond , but I want the auto-respond be up to the message I recieve from the contact .

*EXAMPLE :
(contact) : Hi
(AutoRespond) : Hi
(contact) : How are you ?
(AutoRespond) : fine

I have the message-processing code , but what I need to know is how to parse the messages I recieve from one contact in a chatting session and reply to it ? in other words , how can I make a plugin that can read messages I recieve from one contact and reply to it ..

Thanks a lot for your time ..
04-18-2005 05:41 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Ash_

35 / Male / –
RE: Auto-Reply robot
Hello. Welcome to the Forums.

many developers want to make a bot and so far the Plus! API and the Messenger API does not allow you to find out what messages are recieved. how ever this does not mean it's impossible. i suggest looking up on how to hood windows. there was a certain method shown the me by a regular forum'er which executed the code you want.

if i remember it was a GetWindowText call but i cant remember correctly. look at that call some more and maybe some other hooks. google for 'Getting Text from Window API' etc etc. i suggest AllApi.net they provide a detailed page on each API call and even have examples.

i hope you solve your problem :)
[Image: jeansiger5.jpg]
04-18-2005 06:03 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
eckocomplex

– / Male / –
Watch out for msgdiscovery x, it will have a very powerful API, which will be the power you need to code a plugin like that.
04-18-2005 09:22 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Hilikus

41 / Male / –
RE: RE: Auto-Reply robot
quote:
Originally posted by Ash_
many developers want to make a bot and so far the Plus! API and the Messenger API does not allow you to find out what messages are recieved.

Im also trying to do that, however im doing it in c++, i hate vb. do you know how msgplus does it?? i know there must be some interception in messages such as the ones sent for the new sound library feature

the only way is hooking my app. to messenger???

04-18-2005 09:41 PM
Concord Dawn
Veteran Member

This is a loopy fruit.

33 / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by Hilikus
Im also trying to do that, however im doing it in c++, i hate vb. do you know how msgplus does it?? i know there must be some interception in messages such as the ones sent for the new sound library feature

You *could* also make it a proxy, but hooking is the preferred method.
[Image: 7.png]
04-18-2005 09:45 PM
Ash_

35 / Male / –
Plus! user some very advanced DLL Injection and Hooking method's. the Chat window is a single control. making it harder to get the messages inside of it. but not impossible.

what you'll have to do is to successfully inject your DLL into MSN's application. then hook the main procedure  (win proc) (using SetWindowLong). when you've successfully done that, you'll have to do some MSN Reversing. find out what code/number/anything that is recieved when messages are written to the box.

there is only one other method i can think of that can get text from a chat. but i lost that source a while back. and it wasn't as hard as the Injection.

Good Luck. sorry i couldn't help more :(

:)
[Image: jeansiger5.jpg]
04-19-2005 12:38 AM
mrhuge

46 / Male / –
quote:

I've made an open source MSN Proxy (SOCKS4) with plugin support. The plugin interface allows you to intercept messages before they arrive at MSN Messenger. You can also generate automatic responses without MSN Messenger knowing about it. The plugin interface is C(++), so I guess this is what you want :).

The currently released version is not compatible with MSN Messenger 7, but I've already fixed that. I've just got to release the new version.

See my sig for links.

EDIT: Just release V1.23.00 of MSNProxy which fixes the MSN Messenger 7 compatibility issue. MSNProxy can now also connect via another SOCKS4 proxy.

This post was edited on 04-19-2005 at 08:09 PM by mrhuge.
04-19-2005 03:09 PM
Dempsey
Scripting Contest Winner

http://AdamDempsey.net

37 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Patchou @ msnfantic forums
Anyway, for those wondering how Plus! gest the text of the chat window, it simply intercepts the EM_SETTEXT message before MSN Messenger replaces some of the text with emoticons. This is done by subclassing the creation of the windowless richedit controls (API subclassing).
SoundPacks   -   Scripts   -   Skins

that's not a bug, thats an unexpected feature
04-19-2005 03:19 PM
BART SIMPSON416

[bart416]

– / Male / –
Maybe its better to just intercept the messages when they are send to your msn client.
[Image: signature.gif]
04-20-2005 11:41 AM
Hilikus

41 / Male / –
RE: RE: Auto-Reply robot
quote:
Originally posted by mrhuge
quote:

I've made an open source MSN Proxy (SOCKS4) with plugin support. The plugin interface allows you to intercept messages before they arrive at MSN Messenger. You can also generate automatic responses without MSN Messenger knowing about it. The plugin interface is C(++), so I guess this is what you want :).

The currently released version is not compatible with MSN Messenger 7, but I've already fixed that. I've just got to release the new version.

See my sig for links.

EDIT: Just release V1.23.00 of MSNProxy which fixes the MSN Messenger 7 compatibility issue. MSNProxy can now also connect via another SOCKS4 proxy.

im gonna give it a try, thanks man!
04-22-2005 10:44 PM
Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: