What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » General » Forum & Website » Fourms changed

Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
Fourms changed
Author: Message:
WDZ
Former Admin

– / Male / Flag
RE: Fourms changed
If "Messenger Help & Support" is a sub-forum, the newbies probably won't even know it's there. They'll probably just post in the only "Help" forum they spot on the index. :dodgy:
04-20-2005 05:24 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Anubis
Elite Member

33 / Male / Flag
RE: RE: Fourms changed
Then perhaps a new section could be made, with the title Support, in there could be two clearly outlined forums in there. The normal "Plus Help + Support" and another "MSN/Windows Messenger - Help & Support" section.
Again if "MSN/Windows Messenger - Help & Support" clearly said "this area is not for support for Messenger Plus" or words to that effect, I doubt there would be confusion, and since it's all in one support section they may be likely do pick the right one, if it is clearly outlined.

This post was edited on 04-20-2005 at 05:32 PM by Anubis.
[Image: anubis5hq.png]
04-20-2005 05:27 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
.Roy
Veteran Member

20 / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by WDZ
If "Messenger Help & Support" is a sub-forum, the newbies probably won't even know it's there. They'll probably just post in the only "Help" forum they spot on the index. :dodgy:

no they wont. Remember that they have to register first. And that leads them to the home forum page. And then they would clearly see the Messenger Help & Support.

I think this is a great idea.  Maybe we can have it like:
---Msn/Windows Messenger
Messenger News
Messenger Help And Support
Messenger Chat.

Something like this ;)

edit: You can always bold the text

This post was edited on 04-20-2005 at 05:28 PM by .Roy.
04-20-2005 05:28 PM
Dempsey
Scripting Contest Winner

http://AdamDempsey.net

37 / Male / Flag
i don't think they actually mean a sub-forum, but a forum under the 'MSN/Windows Messenger' category
SoundPacks   -   Scripts   -   Skins

that's not a bug, thats an unexpected feature
04-20-2005 05:29 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
WDZ
Former Admin

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Nova
And that leads them to the home forum page. And then they would clearly see the Messenger Help & Support.
Not if it's a sub-forum. You can't see Poll Center on the index, can you?

quote:
Originally posted by Dempsey
i don't think they actually mean a sub-forum, but a forum under the 'MSN/Windows Messenger' category
We don't have that category though... yet... :p
04-20-2005 05:37 PM
Anubis
Elite Member

33 / Male / Flag
RE: RE: Fourms changed
quote:
Originally posted by WDZ
quote:
Originally posted by Dempsey
We don't have that category though... yet... :p

Actually what I was meaning was a support category, with both a forum for Plus support (the current support one) and another for the support of MSN\Windows Messenger itself. Both clearly outlined. I think this system would be easy for newbies to understand.
04-20-2005 05:42 PM
WDZ
Former Admin

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Anubis
Actually what I was meaning was a support category, with both a forum for Plus support (the current support one) and another for the support of MSN\Windows Messenger itself. Both clearly outlined. I think this system would be easy for newbies to understand.
It might work, but I'm not sure... maybe a poll should be made sometime. :p

The main problem that comes to mind is that there would no longer be a support forum in the MsgPlus! category... it would be somewhere else. That doesn't seem right to me.

What I'd rather do is keep the MsgPlus! category as it is, move Tech Talk into the general category, and have a category dedicated to Messenger. In there, we could have "Messenger Help & Support" and "Messenger General Talk". I never liked the "Messenger & Technology" name anyway.
04-20-2005 05:49 PM
Anubis
Elite Member

33 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by WDZ

What I'd rather do is keep the MsgPlus! category as it is, move Tech Talk into the general category, and have a category dedicated to Messenger. In there, we could have "Messenger Help & Support" and "Messenger General Talk". I never liked the "Messenger & Technology" name anyway.

I don't believe that would really help the problem of help threads being posted in the wrong area.

Since providing help & support is the forum's main aim, it needs to be very easy to get the help and support you need and post it in the right area easily and quickly for people. I believe a support section with the two forums for both the old Plus support one and MSN\Messenger stand alone support would provide this.

Personally I'd like to give it a small while, see if anyone has any other ideas.
Then, if the yourself or other staff members do not object, I'll post a poll and then see what people think of the new idea.
04-20-2005 05:56 PM
RaceProUK
Elite Member

39 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by WDZ
I personally prefer this idea.
However, you've got to remember, no matter how clear the options are, there's always going to be those that just post wherever anyway. There's no guaranteed way of solving the whole 'posted in wrong forum' problem.
[Image: spartaafk.png]
04-20-2005 06:44 PM
Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: