What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » General » Forum & Website » Okay.. Pissed off me

Pages: (10): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] 4 5 6 7 » Last »
Okay.. Pissed off me
Author: Message:
John Anderton
Elite Member

37 / Male / Flag
RE: Okay.. Pissed off me
quote:
Originally posted by Nova
i agree with you, but your still aloud to spam in T&T, Right.
:( Why do u wanna spam .... i try to keep it to a minimum.
I wouldnt mind if t&t was disabled or a tighter watch was kept on quality control in T&T but as DZ said if T&T is closed down the ppl will spam other "clean" forums :dodgy:
[

KarunAB.com
]

[img]http://gamercards.exophase.com/459422.png[
/img]
04-21-2005 06:41 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
user27089
Disabled Account

I'm finally glad of having a decent policy, too much spamming has been happening, I've been trying to help in threads and there are stupid posts like...

"that happened to me once, its okay now though"
04-21-2005 06:46 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
John Anderton
Elite Member

37 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by traxor
"that happened to me once, its okay now though"
Ya that is really irritatin .... the worst part is that when someone makes a thread to ask about something and the 1st reply is like that then this post doesnt show up in the unanswered thread list and due to this, the post is lost. This has happened to me many a times and i tht of reporting these posts cause the questions remain unanswered :dodgy: but i dont think the reporting rules thread says anything about this.
Chris ... is this a valid reason to report a thread ?
Also i think there should be a way to make it compulsory for a person to read the rules page after registering. But ppl may just goto the page and never read it. Most ppl dont read the message that comes as soon as u hit the register button (at any forum not just MyBB ones)
[

KarunAB.com
]

/img]
04-21-2005 06:56 AM
.Roy
Veteran Member

20 / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by John Anderton
quote:
i agree with you, but your still aloud to spam in T&T, Right.
:( Why do u wanna spam .... i try to keep it to a minimum.
I wouldnt mind if t&t was disabled or a tighter watch was kept on quality control in T&T but as DZ said if T&T is closed down the ppl will spam other "clean" forums :dodgy:

Omfg. Did I say anything about me spamming in T&T, Actually I DIDNT.

Just to point that out to you ;)
04-21-2005 06:58 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
squall_leonhart69r
Banned

37 / – / –
i don't read forum rules....

most of em are the same
04-21-2005 07:04 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
user27089
Disabled Account

quote:
Originally posted by Stigmata
i think hiding t & t for a tempory stage would be a good idea.

personally i dont think it would increase the spam on the other forums, maybe even decrease because people will maybe just release that after surfi's new improved attitude to the rules is implyed then they will not spam.

and by newer generation, am i fair in saying post july 2004
(nothing to do with any specific member joining)

I personally don't think that would be the answer, it was also mean a lot of people possibly leaving, possibly not, because of the amount of the first rules that have been enforced on this forum... It would just get annoying, where would the split threads and stuff go? Just be deleted... It would be completely ludacris to do so, I'm not majourly active in testing and trashing, I'm more active in the help threads, trying to help all of the people...

I don't think that the spam would decrease either, possibly some stupid threads in general chit chat, as now that their no-post zone is gone, then they will not have anywhere to post their non-related threads, possibly sufficient... Therefore, spam would increase in general chit chat as the amount of people get annoyed with the "disappearance" of testing and trashing... Where is this thread place? I guess that there is a reason that it's placed here... Surfi has implied rules like these before, sometimes they have worked, but others, have just gotten generally rude and cheeky, and it's not relevent to that... Maybe they need to be enforced in a different manner to what they would be by "hiding T&T"...

To be honest, people will always spam, there will always be a major spamming problem everywhere, in a few weeks, people will probably forget these rules, and start spamming again... I'm not saying that I condone this, and I'm not saying that I, myself, won't obide by these rules, I'm just saying that it's the way things go, people are arrogant, and want to do things their own way...
04-21-2005 07:06 AM
John Anderton
Elite Member

37 / Male / Flag
quote:
Omfg. Did I say anything about me spamming in T&T, Actually I DIDNT.
But if ur asking if it is allowed what does that seem to imply :dodgy:
quote:
Originally posted by squall_leonhart69r
i don't read forum rules....

most of em are the same
See ..... its such a short list ..... u can sit so long reading long threads then why cant u read a small list of rules :undecided:

quote:
Chris ... is this a valid reason to report a thread ?
Just cause they aint contributing to the thread .... is this ok then ??
[

KarunAB.com
]

/img]
04-21-2005 07:11 AM
squall_leonhart69r
Banned

37 / – / –
:| i don't see the point of reading something on one forum thats posted on 90 others
04-21-2005 07:19 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
MoRiA

Web2Messenger Creator

37 / Male / –
Just read the damned rules! It won't take long! I stopped being an active member here about a year ago because it was getting too spammy and full of totally idiotic members and I like to spend my time around more mature people. I'm not sure why I then went to IRC where we have the likes of Time (;)) but you'll notice that I joined bloody ages ago and have posted pretty much nothing.

Personally I don't see a problem in leaving T&T here, as long as that's the ONLY place where spam is. Anywhere else should get an instant 24 hr ban IMO.

As for giving out wrong help... That's just stupid. If you don't know the answer to something then just don't say anything. Don't go making stuff up and pretending it's the right answer. OMG 8-)

I'll just stick to the mess.be forums where, thanks to some recent hard work by the moderators & admins with lots of warning & banning, there isn't much spam left and people know where they stand. Unfortunately a couple of members have taken to disagreeing with my actions. They are now ex-members ;)
04-21-2005 07:31 AM
surfichris
Former Admin

O.P. RE: Okay.. Pissed off me
quote:
Originally posted by traxor
I personally don't think that would be the answer, it was also mean a lot of people possibly leaving, possibly not, because of the amount of the first rules that have been enforced on this forum... It would just get annoying, where would the split threads and stuff go? Just be deleted... It would be completely ludacris to do so, I'm not majourly active in testing and trashing, I'm more active in the help threads, trying to help all of the people...

If they leave that is their choice. Obviously they were here to spam. The amount of rules? Hardly any and we're more tollerant. Any decent community have a good list of rules. Split threads would go to the forum they apply to most - spam would get deleted.
quote:
Just cause they aint contributing to the thread .... is this ok then ??
Yes.
04-21-2005 11:29 AM
Pages: (10): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] 4 5 6 7 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: