What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » General » Forum & Website » Okay.. Pissed off me

Pages: (10): « First « 6 7 8 9 [ 10 ] Last »
Okay.. Pissed off me
Author: Message:
EvilSeph
Veteran Member

– / Male / –
RE: Okay.. Pissed off me
quote:
Originally posted by Chris Boulton
Okay..

1. Don't bother asking or questioning if you will become a mod. It' pointless and we'll just say no.

2. We only really need 1 maybe 2 more moderators.

3. Don't make out like it is a problem with staffing either.We have a more than adequate moderation team already and we can cope with anything. It is the members who need to get their act together.

4. The main problems I was talking about in regards to reported posts are some times spam, easily dealt with. Alot of it these days are things like "flaming" "being disrespectful" and things like that. A new moderator won't help solve that.

I had more points, but I forgot them :-$

Ah fishy, the forgetful one ;). My attitude towards people asking for anything is: "Ask and you shall not get." (this is mainly in resposne to people asking for moderator positions or anything of that nature). Adopt it guys, it's rather effective.

Well, like I said - more staff would help, but isn't necessarily needed. What is needed is for the members to grow up and stop spamming. After browsing these forums for the past few days, what I've noticed is that we've already got a great community. With threads about how to talk to girls and people asking for support (not Messenger related), it's quite evident that this community is doing just fine. It's the help aspect of it all and how organised the forums are that matters. With spam in most topics, it's hard to provide help as most people usually only help in topics that haven't been answered. And with the growing amount of spam, incorrect support and incomplete support, this technique proves to be no longer effective. It's not easy helping on these forums when you are limited by the amount of time you can spend providing support. In the summer for most, that's a completely different story. But why should helping just step up in the summer? Why can't it be all-year round? If you're thinking it can't, then you're wrong. All we need to do is work towards improving the quality of help on these forums, together, as a community.

But as others have put it, most notably Menthix, talking only does so little. We need to stop talking about this problem and actual start doing something about it.
04-23-2005 04:20 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
GiantSpider
Veteran Member

34 / Male / Flag
RE: RE: Okay.. Pissed off me
quote:
Originally posted by Pr0xY
I dont know if any of you have really realized how many good helping members haven't been as active on the forums because of the spam.  Here's a quick list of who I notest. 

Ok so people would like to deny that I left vecause of this new generation. Well it is infact rather true but I don't think there is alot that can be done but there you go. And it's also nice to be noted as a good helper without having to actually point it out.
04-23-2005 04:50 PM
Pipish

not really active anymore.

31 / Male / Flag
i semi agree with you gs as much as i hate to admit it the newer generation is taking over in a bad way they just need to be educated though i think with education of the rules ect this place will be much better and way less spammy
[Image: fcliverpoolfan2xo.gif]
[Image: roosters4yg.jpg]
04-24-2005 08:23 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Anubis
Elite Member

33 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Pipish

i semi agree with you gs as much as i hate to admit it the newer generation is taking over in a bad way they just need to be educated though i think with education of the rules ect this place will be much better and way less spammy

At the same time, they are getting better; every new generation had its problems until they managed to fit in perfectly. Just because there are a lot of newer members this time it just seems a bigger problem.
It's just a matter of being patient and guiding them rightly. A nice friendly PM with hints and tips works perfectly on most, they take it and work from it, without flaming.
[Image: anubis5hq.png]
04-24-2005 08:26 AM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
Let's make 1 thing clear...

It is very logical and normal that the "new generation" makes mistakes. That was/is not the problem and not my reason to leave.

My frustration grew out of the regulars/'full members' who behave in a bad way, not the "new generation"...
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
04-25-2005 02:58 PM
Pages: (10): « First « 6 7 8 9 [ 10 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: