What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » Plug-Ins » Window Manager Plugin (Dock, Autohide)

Pages: (24): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 4 5 6 » Last »
3 votes - 5 average   Window Manager Plugin (Dock, Autohide)
Author: Message:
TazDevil

sleep(0);

40 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Auto-hide feature for Plus! (on the makes)
Thanks for the info cockie... i already fixed it.

go figure... i have a 127kb list if addresses being blocked
no wander i rarely meet with a virus :)

we learn something everyday... I guess that was for me... thank god they didn't block the forums as well. i would have never learnt this valuable info.

This post was edited on 04-30-2005 at 02:48 PM by TazDevil.
Window Manager is discontinued, for WLM try the new,
Enhancer for contact list docking, auto-hide, hide taskbar button, remove button flashing and remember keyboard layout in conversation windows
04-30-2005 02:45 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
GroteSmurf

45 / Male / –
RE: Auto-hide feature for Plus! (on the makes)
This plugin is just great!!! (Y) Please continue the good work in it.

I've some smaller problems with it however :-$. I edited the ini file to set "hidewait = 25000", but the Contact list auto hides almost immediately after I moved the mouse outside the window.

The second issue has something to do with the taskbar button: I don't want to hide the Messenger button, but when I set hidebutton to 0, there appears a second button in the taskbar, probably from your plugin!?

At last I want to make a suggestion: would it be possible to configure the plugin on the fly, so one could enable/disable hiding the Contact list without editing the ini file and restarting MSN Messenger? Maybe the Plugins section of the Preferences Panel of Messenger Plus! would be a good place for it!

Nevertheless a wonderfull piece of work! :-D
04-30-2005 03:00 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
TazDevil

sleep(0);

40 / Male / Flag
The task bar thing temporarily fixed... and yes it is from my plugin

about the wait thing... let me seee....
wait fixed also. Takes values from 10 to 2147483647, but note it is in miliseconds not seconds so 25000 is 25 seconds

the preferences will of cource come but later on...
it will have a proper prefs dialog and some commands for the convo windows as well :)

This post was edited on 05-01-2005 at 02:45 PM by TazDevil.
Enhancer for contact list docking, auto-hide, hide taskbar button, remove button flashing and remember keyboard layout in conversation windows
04-30-2005 03:37 PM
GroteSmurf

45 / Male / –
Thanks a lot! It works now.

Concerning the prefs dialog: I'll wait patiently ;-).

What do you think about a seperate timer for the hide menu option? So it would hide after say 500 ms the menu and 25 s the whole contact list ... it's just an idea :-)
04-30-2005 03:51 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Zephyr

monster.rat

34 / Male / Flag
Good work TazDevil. Really like the docking filling the height of the screen.

One problem though. When i close the contact list and then reopen it by clicking on the icon in the taskbar, the transparency i had with plus disappears and the window is just opaque. I can fix this by just opening plus preferences and applying again.
[Image: rhcpsig38tj.png]
04-30-2005 04:47 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
TazDevil

sleep(0);

40 / Male / Flag
ohhhhkzzzzzzz, i am done for today

got to go now....
i trust you BETA 2

added preferences <- i neigther couldn;t wait any more...
permanently fixed taskbar, problem

middle button doubleclick in notification area brings preferences as well as thenormal way

monster.rat i see what you mean, i take control before the rest of Plus! kicks in. anyway why would you want to use transparency when you have a sliding drawer...

I will look into it later on in conjuction with patchou if he want to help... TEMP fix: if you change the frame state it corrects things for me...

This post was edited on 05-07-2005 at 08:43 AM by TazDevil.
04-30-2005 07:05 PM
Zephyr

monster.rat

34 / Male / Flag
Thanks for the preferences. There are some more problems though.

Would it be possible to make the MSN Messenger windows to act like normal windows when auto hide is on.
Say i have Firefox open, then i get msn messenger out of autohide and open plus! preferences. The preferences panel will stay on top of Firefox even if i click on the firefox window. Hope you understand.

Also, if I keep bringing msn out of autohide and then letting it go in to auto hide, over and over again, the MSN Messenger window will slowly decrease in width each time.

Lastly, when you're using the term 'conduct list', I think you mean 'contact list'.

Btw, i hope i'm not sounding too critical because i'm not trying to be and it's a great plugin. Keep up the good work!

This post was edited on 04-30-2005 at 07:38 PM by Zephyr.
04-30-2005 07:24 PM
Grue

– / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by monster.rat
Would it be possible to make the MSN Messenger windows to act like normal windows when auto hide is on.
Say i have Firefox open, then i get msn messenger out of autohide and open plus! preferences. The preferences panel will stay on top of Firefox even if i click on the firefox window. Hope you understand.

Yeah i think a better idea would be to have it when you have the window frame hidden that it is always on top and it auto hides but when you don't have the window frame hidden that it doesn't auto hide (like it does already) AND that it isn't always on top. That way you can basically activate and deactivate the plugin by just pressing the "hide window frame" button.
04-30-2005 07:40 PM
Zephyr

monster.rat

34 / Male / Flag
quote:

Also, if I keep bringing msn out of autohide and then letting it go in to auto hide, over and over again, the MSN Messenger window will slowly decrease in width each time.

Can anyone confirm this just so i know it's not something on my side which is wrong.

EDIT: This happens with the main MSN window and all subsequent windows from MSN inculding contact cards.

This post was edited on 05-01-2005 at 12:05 AM by Zephyr.
04-30-2005 07:49 PM
Grue

– / Male / –
quote:
quote:

Can anyone confirm this just so i know it's not something on my side which is wrong.

Yes that happens to me also...
04-30-2005 08:38 PM
Pages: (24): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 4 5 6 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: