What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Bug Reports » help if you can!

Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
help if you can!
Author: Message:
user27089
Disabled Account

RE: help if you can!
It's a new virus people, somebody kept sending me the link last night, I know that it's not there fault, but it's becoming a major hastle, it looks like somebody has created another worm, it says '~Leach', then gives you a link...

If you receive any random links that say something like "leach" in it, then DO NOT click it!...

Here is the chat log of the person who was sending me the links :rolleyes:...:

quote:
Originally posted by Virus Conversation
[13:46:38] im adorable : n=leach
[14:11:46] im adorable: http://subdomainremoved.animedb.com/script.php?da...orum&section=leach
[14:11:49] Luke - "Grow: :-/
[14:12:32] im adorable : i know
[14:12:42] Luke - "Grow: :p

This post was edited on 05-31-2005 at 02:53 PM by user27089.
05-31-2005 02:53 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
hecks

O.P. RE: help if you can!
no i havent got smiley central or anything and nope dont get an error.... its just when im talking on msn it will open up all my contacty who are online and then send them the link
05-31-2005 02:57 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
hecks

traxor... thats the one ive got!
05-31-2005 02:59 PM
user27089
Disabled Account

I know, I don't think that it has been around for very long, and there isn't any security definitions, I've sent an email to the owner of animedb:

quote:
Originally posted by email i sent
To Whom it may concern,

I am not blaming you for this matter, as it may not be you that is responsible for this crime. One of the subdomains for your website contains some malicious content, a worm, that is going around MSN Messenger at the moment, it is putting millions of users of MSN Messenger at risk, unless you remove this subdomain, therefore, preventing any further attacks on the computers of innocent MSN Messenge users.

The worm in question is similar to the worm that was going around MSN Messenger in the previous months, with the extension of .scr, .exe & .pif; it attaches itself to MSN Messenger, and sends a message to every user on MSN Messenger saying the following:

[13:46:38]im adorable: n=leach
[13:46:38]im adorable: http://freezoe.animedb.com/script.php?data=forum&section=leach

As you can see, the subdomain is clearly one of yours, so I would advise you to remove the subdomain before further action is taking, it is just a forewarning, as I cannot take action, but I'm sure Microsoft would, I am advising Microsoft of this matter and will be forwarding them this email that I have sent you.

Please reply as soon as possible.

Yours faithfully,

Luke J.

Hopefully, they will remove the subdomain before any other damage is caused, as said, I will contact Microsoft, and will also contact Symantec.
05-31-2005 03:03 PM
hecks

cheers. hopefully something will happen soon. thanks again
05-31-2005 03:06 PM
user27089
Disabled Account

That's okay, have you downloaded all of the latest definitions for your anti-virus software and ran a thorough scan of the whole computer?
05-31-2005 03:08 PM
hecks

yea. nothing shows up on my virus scanner.
05-31-2005 03:11 PM
user27089
Disabled Account

I have just tested the link using a piece of software, and it tries to download "look iamflying.exe". So if anybody sends you that file, then do not accept.

quote:
Originally posted by hecks
yea. nothing shows up on my virus scanner.

I am not surprised, I really don't know what you could do to try and get rid of the virus...
05-31-2005 03:16 PM
SikStyles

DeathCult

34 / Male / Flag
if its a worm then a worm works like this, it goes thru ur network holes to replicate itself and then goes to another user and so on replicating itself many times...deletin the subforum will only get rid of the download action but not the link itself as the worm is in ur computer..if u have a good virus protection the go on their website and look for maybe updated virus definitions..or maybe they have something about deletin the virus..

good luck
You're still breathing? Why?
Get off the cross, the wood is needed.
[Image: userbar.jpg]

05-31-2005 03:34 PM
Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites