What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » Annoying Windows Messenger!

Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
1 votes - 4 average   Annoying Windows Messenger!
Author: Message:
Anubis
Elite Member

33 / Male / Flag
RE: Annoying Windows Messenger!
quote:
Originally posted by mad_onion

what happens if you go to add/remove programs and remove it from the windows components list. does that just remove the shortcuts so you cant open it your self by clicking on it?
As was said before, because of the APIs of Windows Messenger, this is not advised.

quote:
Originally posted by kieranissafe
They worked fine for the laptop, but every time I reboot the PC the option in Windows Messenger to 'Allow WM to run in the background' is always rechecked.
What version of Windows Messenger is installed on the computer, and have you tried upgrading it to the latest version?
[Image: anubis5hq.png]
06-03-2005 03:32 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
kierant

Can you still feel the butterflies?

– / Male / –
O.P. RE: Annoying Windows Messenger!
I didn't realise but I only remembered to update to the newest version of WM on the laptop. I have juts downloaded the new version for the PC and I guess I shall wait and see if the problem persists.

Thanks for your troubles.

EDIT: Installed new Windows Messenger on PC and followed Cookie's instructions again but still the problem persists.

A couple of things regarding his instructions though:

When it says 'close windows messenger' does this mean as in close the window or actually exit the application via rightclicking in the task bar?

My Norton Internet Security does not have the option that is specified in his instruction to uncheck scanning of files or whatever it says.

Thanks for all your help anyway, I guess it's not a huge problem, just frustrating:^)

This post was edited on 06-06-2005 at 06:18 PM by kierant.
06-03-2005 03:47 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: