What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » General » General Chit Chat » All you clean freaks rejoice! You're slowly killing yourself!

Pages: (4): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] 4 » Last »
All you clean freaks rejoice! You're slowly killing yourself!
Author: Message:
paperless
Veteran Member

Saved by the bell

34 / Male / Flag
RE: All you clean freaks rejoice! You're slowly killing yourself!
Fortunately i only take a bath *cough*once*cough* a week :D
07-06-2005 01:27 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
SikStyles

DeathCult

34 / Male / Flag
i take a shower like twice a week and a small one after i work out..sometimes im too lazy and i skip a couple of days..i dont care..i dont feel dirty why should i take a shower then..taking a shower everyday is kinda weird because you cant really get dirty in one day..when u basically dont do anything
You're still breathing? Why?
Get off the cross, the wood is needed.
[Image: userbar.jpg]

07-06-2005 02:57 AM
lopardo
Veteran Member

37 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Purity
I just like to look clean... :tongue:

Sometime my hair feels sick and I can't stand it so I take a shower, I usually take one each day, ever 2nd day i wash my hair, but my hair still gets wet. :P

Same here.

I hate my hair... :dodgy:
[Image: userbar452797dd.gif]
07-06-2005 03:23 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: RE: All you clean freaks rejoice! You're slowly killing yourself!
quote:
Originally posted by SikStyles
quote:
Originally posted by wacky
Anywho, just taking a shower is bad, because the skin creates oils. Those oils protect it from germs and such. Thing is, when you take a shower, you get rid of those oils and you're at higher risk of getting bad stuff eating you up
well sometimes these oils are bad because dirt gets caught in it and goes into skin pores causing blackheads and acne..thats why those acne treatments control oil outlet and clean dirty oil from ur skin..
i dont know, i just think it works that way..anyway people, keep taking shower/baths
Errm... small but important correction/addition is at place here...

The oil the skin produces is VERY important. As Wacky has said, it protects the skin and your whole body. She has a very and important point and is totally correct.

However, SikStyles has a point also, only it isn't explained well.

It is not the "dirty" oil that gets into the skin pores or whatever. It is the dirt itself, this can (emphasize on "can", thus not "will") produce blackheads.

Acne is something entirly different and is almost never caused by dirt. It is caused by (masculine) hormones... Acne products do not control the oil outlet of the skin (well, some do, but those are only temporary solutions), they should control the hormone production*.

When people say that taking a shower is bad for your natural skin oil, they are absolutely perfectly correct!!! However they also mean taking a shower and washing with soap.

It is the soap which attacks and destroys the natural body oils. Water alone will not destroy the natural oils. You can perfectly take a shower once a day without washing with soap (or whatever you or the industry wanna call it; like "showergel") and it will perfectly be healthy; it will also take away all the dirt and smells as good as with soap.

However when you take a shower every day and you wash with soap you really are destroying your skin (and this is not a laughable fact or something like the OP's post)....

This is exactly the same with washing hair!!!!! Washing you hear every day or every 2 days (with shampoo) is very bad and destroys the skin on your head (and the hair also btw, unless you have a very specialized and expensive shampoo product). If you really want to keep it clean AND healthy, it is far better to wash it with water alone and only once a week with soap.

* Both boys and girls have these masculine hormones. And they are produced the most in puberty. But girls produce less of those hormones. This is the reason why girls get relative less acne then boys. Also girls who start taking the pill will get less acne because the pill also controls hormone production...

This post was edited on 07-06-2005 at 11:41 AM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
07-06-2005 11:36 AM
Jhrono
Veteran Member

32 / Male / Flag
I wont move out of this chair until cientists prove it's healthy to put on shoes :lol:
07-06-2005 12:12 PM
wacky

Chromo :wink:

– / – / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
This is exactly the same with washing hair!!!!! Washing you hear every day or every 2 days (with shampoo) is very bad and destroys the skin on your head (and the hair also btw, unless you have a very specialized and expensive shampoo product). If you really want to keep it clean AND healthy, it is far better to wash it with water alone and only once a week with soap
well, just water wont really clean much. Sure it'll take away the dirt and such, but hair will still look greasy because it doesnt clean enough. With how teens are fussing about their looks, they wanna look their cleanest and they go around destroying themselves :-/
quote:
Originally posted by Johny
I wont move out of this chair until cientists prove it's healthy to put on shoes :lol:
oh it isnt.. well.. in some ways. It's bad for your toes, because it gets them all tight (dunno how to explain this..) erm.. lets say a person that never put shoes on in his life, nor socks. His toes will be more stretched out.
Also, I believe it might cause toe nail problems for some.. same concept :-/
And, if you wear shoes and socks too much, your feet don't get much 'air' and it's not so good for your skin.
I'm actually not sure about these, but I'm assuming this. I've heard about skin problems and showers but not feet.. I honestly dont care about feet :chrongue:
07-06-2005 10:09 PM
dylan!

l33t p4int3r

– / Male / Flag
omg...some scientistes are stupider than the average human.,..imo...they think of one very complecated thing like showering is dangerous but yet they cant think that it helps more than it hurts
07-07-2005 06:40 AM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: RE: All you clean freaks rejoice! You're slowly killing yourself!
quote:
Originally posted by Super-D
omg...some scientistes are stupider than the average human.,..imo...they think of one very complecated thing like showering is dangerous but yet they cant think that it helps more than it hurts

they didn't say a word about the fact that showering as a whole is unhealthy. Of course they know that showering is good and refreshing and all. This is a scientific report and should therefor be read like one. They state the facts/result of the study, nothing more. It is by such small and seemingly unimportant studies that other investigations can proceed and evolve... (eg: spreading factor of diseases in contaminated water, etc...) All the report says is that some unhealthy stuff in some of the water can be breath in while showering.

Before anyone did the study, we also didn't know by scientific fact that country air is more healthy then city air. Or that drink water reservoires can be poisened by to much use of manure on the country land, etc....

This post was edited on 07-07-2005 at 03:58 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
07-07-2005 03:53 PM
Rubber Stamp

It Was Never Random

34 / Male / –
Grin  RE: RE: All you clean freaks rejoice! You're slowly killing yourself!
quote:
Originally posted by Johny

they are scientists dude...they can prove putting shoes on is wrong.....not right....so unless u wanna get stuck in that chair forever.....u should chuck the scentists
07-09-2005 08:15 AM
user27089
Disabled Account

This is extremely stupid, one thing is now that it is a too sterile environment, and babies aren't getting any illnesses because of there. So their immune system will be much lower than that of somebody much older, therefore increasing the chance of disease in latter life.
07-09-2005 08:16 AM
Pages: (4): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] 4 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: