What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Announcements » Announcements & News » Archive » Preview of What's to Come

Pages: (17): « First « 13 14 15 16 [ 17 ] Last »
Preview of What's to Come
Author: Message:
Schockwave

On Top of a Mountain

RE: RE: Preview of What's to Come
quote:
Originally posted by Patchou
In any case, I'll try to accomodate all your UI requests in the final version so that everybody finds what he's looking for.

Nice one Patchou, great, thank you! (Y) :D :P ;) :bow:
AIM: schockwave500
Yahoo: schockwave500
MSN Messenger: mystery500@live.com

07-16-2005 04:41 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Patchou
Messenger Plus! Creator

43 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Preview of What's to Come
The tabs will always be visible, window border or not. As for adding the tabs inside the window, I can't do it sorry (and it wouldn't be as practical as you may think anyway :)).
[Image: signature2.gif]
07-16-2005 06:41 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
boonebytes

39 / Male / –
RE: Preview of What's to Come
Hey awesome, tabbed browsing!

Just a few questions, though...

1. If I have a tab opened for my friend Sylvia, and my friend Allyson sends me a message, how will I be alerted?  The normal MSN new message sound sounds good, or you can look at my next question...

2. Will you change the tab for a particular conversation based on what's happening?  For example, if Allyson's typing, and Sylv sent me a new message, Allyson's tab could be glowing (or the text can be a different color), and Sylv's tab can be blinking (or a different color text, too).

3. Can I make my own custom set of tabs?  For example, put Sylvia and Allyson on one window, and my dad and my sisters on another window... prehaps a drag-and-drop operation, or a menu option on the Messenger Plus icon inside the conversation, say "Move to 'Family' window".  I'd suggest grouping them by what group they're in, but you have to be careful if I put my cousin Glenn under friends and under family as well.

Anywho, awesome work Patchou, keep it up!  I just wish more people had Messenger Plus installed.
Boonebytes

I am not suffering from insanity, I'm enjoying every moment of it.
07-16-2005 08:58 PM
albert
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by boonebytes
Hey awesome, tabbed browsing!

Just a few questions, though...

1. If I have a tab opened for my friend Sylvia, and my friend Allyson sends me a message, how will I be alerted?  The normal MSN new message sound sounds good, or you can look at my next question...

2. Will you change the tab for a particular conversation based on what's happening?  For example, if Allyson's typing, and Sylv sent me a new message, Allyson's tab could be glowing (or the text can be a different color), and Sylv's tab can be blinking (or a different color text, too).

3. Can I make my own custom set of tabs?  For example, put Sylvia and Allyson on one window, and my dad and my sisters on another window... prehaps a drag-and-drop operation, or a menu option on the Messenger Plus icon inside the conversation, say "Move to 'Family' window".  I'd suggest grouping them by what group they're in, but you have to be careful if I put my cousin Glenn under friends and under family as well.

Anywho, awesome work Patchou, keep it up!  I just wish more people had Messenger Plus installed.

GOOD SUGGESTIONS! (Y) I don't know if it's easy to do, but seems rlly cool, Patchou, please tell me you can do these :)
07-16-2005 09:00 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
lopardo
Veteran Member

37 / Male / Flag
People, calm down. Let Patchou finish it, once the first version with tabbed conversations is released, then try it and start making your suggestions. :)
[Image: userbar452797dd.gif]
07-16-2005 09:03 PM
albert
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by lopardo
People, calm down. Let Patchou finish it, once the first version with tabbed conversations is released, then try it and start making your suggestions. :)

bah.. if he can make it 12/10 from first shot instead of 10/10.. what's the problem..? :P
07-16-2005 09:04 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Patchou
Messenger Plus! Creator

43 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: RE: Preview of What's to Come
quote:
Originally posted by lopardo

yes please.... I'll close the thread for now, you'll suggest things once you see the final first result ;).
[Image: signature2.gif]
07-16-2005 09:04 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Pages: (17): « First « 13 14 15 16 [ 17 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: