What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » General » General Chit Chat » Physical Education..... an essential subject?

Pages: (4): « First [ 1 ] 2 3 4 » Last »
Physical Education..... an essential subject?
Author: Message:
M73A
Veteran Member

34 / Male / Flag
O.P. Physical Education..... an essential subject?
hmm... we are doing debates in english and this was quite an interesting one... i thought would be good to see what other people outside of my school thought about it..

so, is P.E./ Physical Education an Essential subject?

comments?

[Image: lost7ru.gif]
07-13-2005 03:12 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Veggie

37 / Male / Flag
RE: Physical Education..... an essential subject?
Yes it keeps students active
07-13-2005 03:12 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
M73A
Veteran Member

34 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Physical Education..... an essential subject?
but a p.e. gcse isn't necessary for a job.. so some would say its a waste of time

07-13-2005 03:14 PM
qgroessl
Veteran Member

33 / – / Flag
:stupid:haha... just kidding... But agreed ... Otherwise you'd have kids that are overweight and they wouldn't have any initiative to take a phys ed course... So they probably wouldn't get any more excercise than walking between classes. But! Our school you only need two credits of phys ed... So two year long classes... or whatever. Freshman phy ed is required freshman year... so there's one right there, then when you take the other class or classes it's up to you.

EDIT: Calvin has a point to where they shouldn't be forced to play sports they don't like... but just a physical education class doesn't hurt... Here the freshman phy ed is the same each year... then when your a junior in high school (3rd year) you can chose different things like cycling or bowling.

This post was edited on 07-13-2005 at 03:20 PM by qgroessl.
07-13-2005 03:18 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Plik
Veteran Member

34 / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by may73alliance
but a p.e. gcse isn't necessary for a job.. so some would say its a waste of time

Most schools dont have gcse pe as a compulsary subject, but you still have to do pe lessons, just not take the gcse.
I think its pretty important because it keeps students active (as veggie said) and it teaches them basic skills in life, like throwing and catching etc.
07-13-2005 03:19 PM
M73A
Veteran Member

34 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Madman

Most schools dont have gcse pe as a compulsary subject, but you still have to do pe lessons, just not take the gcse.
my schools its an option, but u take short coure p.e. if u dont choose to take it i think.

07-13-2005 03:23 PM
M73A
Veteran Member

34 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Calvin
quote:
Originally posted by qgroessl
:stupid:haha... just kidding... But agreed ... Otherwise you'd have kids that are overweight and they wouldn't have any initiative to take a phys ed course... So they probably wouldn't get any more excercise than walking between classes. But! Our school you only need two credits of phys ed... So two year long classes... or whatever. Freshman phy ed is required freshman year... so there's one right there, then when you take the other class or classes it's up to you.
phys ed classes arent changing weight, thats up to how they act and eat outside of school

but some exercises is better than none....

07-13-2005 03:26 PM
qgroessl
Veteran Member

33 / – / Flag
quote:
phys ed classes arent changing weight, thats up to how they act and eat outside of school

I'm not saying their about changing weight... But keeping us kids active is benificial to fighting the obesity problem... Being American, it's a big issue here for schools to keep their kids active. It doesn't really help them lose weight (although some here are for strength training and cardio activity)... it's more to teach them working out (or doing physical activity) can make you feel better about yourself.
07-13-2005 03:28 PM
qgroessl
Veteran Member

33 / – / Flag
That's what I was saying before... freshman phys ed here you don't get much of a choice, but later in high school you can choose bowling, cycling, rollerblading... Fun things that you want to do....

quote:
but i dont think its essential, i mean, later on in  life, does anybody care how you did in P.E when your getting a job interview or something?

No, I don't think anybody really cares how you did in phy ed... But who really cares how you did in some of the shop classes if your bound to be something completely different.
07-13-2005 03:31 PM
M73A
Veteran Member

34 / Male / Flag
quote:
true. But i just hate phys ed when we dont get a say and we play a sport everybody hates, they should have multible groups you can go intoto play different sports. Its probably like that in other places.
it's like that at my school... (Y) it's alright i suppose, but when its raining or freezing cold and you have to do it, its really not fair, teacher in jacket and everyone in rugby top and shorts etc..

quote:
Originally posted by qgroessl
    quote:Originally posted by Calvin
    but i dont think its essential, i mean, later on in  life, does anybody care how you did in P.E when your getting a job interview or something?

No, I don't think anybody really cares how you did in phy ed... But who really cares how you did in some of the shop classes if your bound to be something completely different.

true... depends on what carrer you go into / are interested in to whether that applies to you or not...

This post was edited on 07-13-2005 at 03:34 PM by M73A.

07-13-2005 03:32 PM
Pages: (4): « First [ 1 ] 2 3 4 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: