What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » MSN error 81000378 - Help Please =]

Pages: (3): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] Last »
MSN error 81000378 - Help Please =]
Author: Message:
Posidon

Grin  RE: MSN error 81000378 - Help Please =]
Hi Guys

Same again  -  I also had the same problem but I just solved mine so I thought I might share here.  :)

Mine turns out to be a spyware program I was running - I installed it some time ago with no problems. After quite a few weeks I rebooted the machine and thats when the trouble started. 8o| Of course I didnt make the connection because it had been quite some time since I installed it.

My suggestion - turn off ALL Antispyware software and try it again. It was blocking the outbound data. :S

Hope that helps

Regards

8-|
02-15-2007 12:04 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
FOFrenzel

RE: MSN error 81000378 - Help Please =]
I turned off all anti-spyware, anti-virus and firewall programs and it did not help. Then I evaluated a litte more. I switched to other accounts on my computer. In case the account had administrative rights I got the usual error messgae (81000378), but if the account did not have these rights messenger worked fine. Then I switched back to my usual account and started messenger using the runas /user:[nonadmin] command and everything worked fine. This is not a solution of the problem, but a nice workaround. As soon as I will find a real solution I will post it here.
03-03-2007 05:34 PM
Mooni

I have this new Dell laptop with Windows Vista. I tried the notepad IP thing and it wouldn't save it for me. Even when I added a txt extension it said something about being an administrator. What should I do?? Please help!
03-25-2007 11:27 AM
belizeņo

ok, i noticed this is a bit old, but i wanted to know if anyone found a solution? 

I had this problem before.  After a while it came off n now a couple months later, it came back.  I thought probably it would get fixed after a while, but it didn't.  Its three weeks now and nothing.

i tried the notepad thing and still didn't work

anyone?  please help!
04-23-2007 07:00 AM
microwiz

I had the same problem. I turned on extended logging and found that there was a problem with the authentication service "Failed to handle tweener challenge". This occured when i used a live acocunt as opposed to a hotmail account. then tried to switch back. I found that by logging onto hotmail.com through a web browser resolved the problem. However did not find anything on micorsft's support site. Perhaps they need ot update a Dll to handle both passport and hotmail accounts.
05-31-2007 12:00 PM
hendo

Has a solution been found for this?
I get the same error on my new PC running on Vista on all accounts I try to login to. However I can login to my account if I do it on my old PC which is still connnected up downstairs.

Any help/suggestions are appreciated
08-29-2007 05:11 PM
Chunk1993

31 / Male / Flag
Im having the same problem
08-29-2007 05:14 PM
mafya

am having the same problem am trying to find out the solution for this problem can anybody help me
09-23-2007 03:35 AM
TJ74

Hi Guys, Ive just got a new computer and reinstlled MSN Messenger and I too have encountered this problem.

Now, whether it is coincidence or not, but on the Messenger   username/password window i clicked on the "sign up for a Windows Live ID" at the very bottom, when it brings up a new window, i clicked "sign up" and that's when it threw me straight into MSN. Result for me I hope it will be for you guys too. Fingers crossed!
10-26-2007 01:28 PM
Pages: (3): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: