What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » Messenger Plus! Future

Pages: (11): « First « 5 6 7 8 [ 9 ] 10 11 » Last »
Messenger Plus! Future
Author: Message:
tristanj

RE: Messenger Plus! Future
hmm yes your right, the only thing we can do is sign the petition.
08-15-2005 05:00 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Max

34 / Male / –
Please do not pull the plug on Plus! or I will go on hunger strike, and hunt you down and knock you out with my pet lemming Martha. ;)
08-15-2005 07:47 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
mwe99
Veteran Member

36 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by tristanj
Yeah sure and then microsoft can fill it with a whole banch of crap, and ads, etc, and make the product useless, like all their freeware products... or even worse make people buy future "enhanced" versions

Jeez search, Patchou has already said on numerous occasions MS do not have any intention on buying Plus! nor does Patchou wish to sell it.
Patchou has said he will contact them about the error in MS Antispyware

This post was edited on 08-15-2005 at 08:30 PM by mwe99.
08-15-2005 08:22 PM
Negro_Joe

Go!Go!Go!

34 / Male / –
Im new to all theis Messenger plus malarkey but i really enjoy all the forums and the messenger plus is good, well anyway i think youve done really well and i would defintiley love to see any thnk new in the future! :)

[Image: sinavatar4ie.jpg]

08-15-2005 11:31 PM
dotNorma
Veteran Member

32 / Male / –
Honestly,

I wouldnt mind if you stopped making features for Plus!, It fufills every need I could possibly have, and tabbed messaging will just make it PERFECT. At this point, I dont think Plus! could use much more features. HOWEVER, you would need to continuesly update compatibility.  Id like to see what else you could make as far as software goes.
08-16-2005 06:30 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Matti
Elite Member

Script Developer and Helper

31 / Male / Flag
RE: RE: Messenger Plus! Future
quote:
Originally posted by Norma Jean
Honestly,

I wouldnt mind if you stopped making features for Plus!, It fufills every need I could possibly have, and tabbed messaging will just make it PERFECT. At this point, I dont think Plus! could use much more features. HOWEVER, you would need to continuesly update compatibility.  Id like to see what else you could make as far as software goes.

2 words: I AGREE! :D
If Patchou could do that, Plus! will stay 100% compatible and Patchou can work on other great projects. :)
Plus! Script Developer | Plus! Beta Tester | Creator of Countdown Live | Co-developer of Screenshot Sender 5

Found my post useful? Rate me!
08-16-2005 10:16 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Poom

Ya-Ha!!!!

33 / Male / –
I was actually hoping for a MsgPlus4. I think that 3 is a bit messed up after new features are added. In the preference menu, the custom sound emoticon is misplaced, as well as other things. I know that it is hard to decide where to put it, but I think that it'd be better if youy start a new user interface, instead of adding features to the old one with the same interface.

Furthermore, I think that the tabbed msn should get a good GUI that will suit the window without the frame. Also, there should be a button to create a new tab near the tabs, similar to firefox, which will ask you to start a new conversation. I know that talking about tabs right now many not be appropriate, but I think you should consider those if you havn't.

Other than that, I have nothing to say about MsgPlus!, though I hope that there will be upcoming versions of it, not just a plugin without anymore new versions. That would make the MsgPlus! community kind of dead.
08-23-2005 12:12 PM
aC23

– / Male / –
I personally would like to see more features in Plus!. As long as Microsoft is releasing newer features into MSN, Plus! should follow along and adjust itself to that version's release.

I don't mind Plus! being bloated, as long as it doesnt take up more system resources :P
08-24-2005 04:19 PM
KeyStorm
Elite Member

Inn-sewer-ants-pollie-sea

38 / Male / –
As I see it, Messenger Plus! is as good as feature-complete. However, you yourself said that in the recent beta you had made a technical step that would allow a whole new array of functionalities to be added in a future.

I would personally feel sorry if MP! was discontinued. However, I'd be proud to have helped as much as I could to make it better at some point of my life.

But: Messenger will continue evolving. Apart from all the compatibility issues that will be fixed, there may (and will) be new features to be potentially enhanced by Plus!. :S

But this shouldn't force you to stay. Actually, I think the community, the vast community this application has achieved, could take control of the development at some point, and while a certain reduced group of selected programmers do the hard work, the rest could be suggesting, critisizing and by all means taking the decisions on how to move on with Plus! (well, maybe not that far community-based, but I believe a group of selected users with proved common sense could judge what has to be done next). This is somewhat near to public domain, but doesn't actually free the code itself. Of course things can go bad, but we wouldn't know if we didn't try. ;)

This is just my somewhat late 2 cents to the thread. :)
08-24-2005 05:11 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
riahc4
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
Id just like to know what are the future projects?
08-25-2005 08:30 PM
Pages: (11): « First « 5 6 7 8 [ 9 ] 10 11 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: