What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » General » General Chit Chat » Taking some vacations have having fun

Pages: (4): « First [ 1 ] 2 3 4 » Last »
Taking some vacations have having fun
Author: Message:
Patchou
Messenger Plus! Creator

43 / Male / Flag
O.P. Cool  Taking some vacations have having fun
Hey everyone,

it's summer and like most people in North America, I'm currently taking some vacations. This year we're lucky, the weather is giving us plenty of sun and that's why I decided... to lock myself in a room playing World Of Warcraft :).

I bought this game 10- days ago, out of curiosity (the last online RPG I tried didn't convince me) and since then, I barely did anything than playing. This game is a total disease, Fraisie tried it and now she's hooked up too! as a result, my vacations are going very well but I hardly know what's going on in the community (appart from the fact that the last beta was leaked. A word of advice, don't use it, it will crash your Messenger).

I hope I'll soon be able to resume work on Messenger Plus! 3.60 but until then, anyone of you interested in giving WoW a try is welcomed to join me in the Moonrunner realm ("Patchou" is currently a level 31 Paladin).

Hope to see you there! :)
Patchou
[Image: signature2.gif]
08-08-2005 06:47 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
[MR]
Veteran Member

Scruffy Ruffy

33 / Male / Flag
RE: Taking some vacations have having fun
quote:
Originally posted by Patchou
lock myself in a room playing World Of Warcraft .
yes i have heard it is a very addicting game...i might want to try it but i dont want to pay the online fee :undecided:
[Image: siggy20ss.jpg]
08-08-2005 06:49 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Max

34 / Male / –
-buys World of Warcraft-

I hope you are habing a good vacation Patchou, continue to enjoy it, sadly mine is lousy, but oh well. :p

Enjoy my friend!
08-08-2005 06:50 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Eljay
Elite Member

:O

– / Male / –
quote:
This year we're lucky, the weather is giving us plenty of sun and that's why I decided... to lock myself in a room playing World Of Warcraft .

8-| lol :P
08-08-2005 06:52 PM
qgroessl
Veteran Member

33 / – / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by MR_5_MR
    quote:Originally posted by Patchou

yes i have heard it is a very addicting game...i might want to try it but i dont want to pay the online fee

I know! I'd like that game too... but I think online fees are bogus.... I mean... pay for the game... then pay for playing the game... Thats crap.
08-08-2005 06:55 PM
[MR]
Veteran Member

Scruffy Ruffy

33 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by qgroessl
quote:
    quote:Originally posted by Patchou

yes i have heard it is a very addicting game...i might want to try it but i dont want to pay the online fee

I know! I'd like that game too... but I think online fees are bogus.... I mean... pay for the game... then pay for playing the game... Thats crap.
ya i mean u are already paying alot for the game which is about $40 i think and then $15 a month i think thats retarded
[Image: siggy20ss.jpg]
08-08-2005 06:57 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
qgroessl
Veteran Member

33 / – / Flag
quote:
ya i mean u are already paying alot for the game which is about $40 i think and then $15 a month i think thats retarded

Completely agreed... but is there any better way to spend your summer!?!?....... Didn't think so.
08-08-2005 06:59 PM
absorbation
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
(appart from the fact that the last beta was leaked. A word of advice, don't use it, it will crash your Messenger).

wow lol :P i'll spread that even though it maybe a lie. It should get some non beta testers off (6) i think it's a bad time to ask if i can become one lol :P
08-08-2005 07:01 PM
Patchou
Messenger Plus! Creator

43 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Taking some vacations have having fun
Well, actually, it makes a lot of sense after a hile... when you buy the game you get 30 days included. There's a lot of services that need to be paid monthly, it helps the game to evolve and mature, you get support, improvements, and tons of other stuff you wouldn't get if it was pay-once, play for life (they would simply release upgrade packages to compensate every 6 months, that wouldn't be better and would cost a lot too).

That being said, paying for online gaming also has a very important advantage: you remove a lot, and I mean a LOT of people from the game who had nothing to do there in the first place. Other online games have tried different approaches in the past but everytime you get free unlimited access, servers are flooded with people who just annoy the hell out of everyone and destroy the gaming experience. If you require pay for access, then most of those people go somewhere else.

I hope I'll see some of you soon :).
[Image: signature2.gif]
08-08-2005 09:05 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
absorbation
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
i hope you find out the leaker :( see you :P
08-08-2005 09:06 PM
Pages: (4): « First [ 1 ] 2 3 4 » Last »