What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » General » Forum & Website » Reputation System Abuse

Pages: (11): « First « 6 7 8 9 [ 10 ] 11 » Last »
Reputation System Abuse
Author: Message:
blackjack

=/

36 / Male / Flag
RE: Reputation System Abuse
quote:
Originally posted by Tasha

I think that could also be a good idea. For example, you'd have to have above, say, 10 posts, before someone get give you a reputation. This would stop people who are new, and are known from IRC, or something, getting reps suddenly, and it would give us all a chance to have something to view, to base our reputation for that user on.

I agree with that, i have given reps without a valind reason.. but thats about to change.

quote:
Originally posted by Joa

so anyway, as i said bans are ok, but i think that moderators would be a bit better :happy: BUT i think there should be a woman moderator too tbh
* Joa looks at sunshine

I agree with bans too, and i like Sunshine to be a rep mod. :)

But like Tasha said.. current mods. have lot of things to do :S. So the elites are the must trusted ones.
[Image: z3n0900.ashx]
08-13-2005 08:34 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
toddy
Veteran Member

kcus uoy

– / Male / Flag
bannin people from giving reps sucks !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11
08-13-2005 08:35 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
blackjack

=/

36 / Male / Flag
RE: RE: Reputation System Abuse
quote:
Originally posted by toddy
bannin people from giving reps sucks !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

No, because its against the rules to abuse a Forum feature...

Forum Abuse: Do not abuse features of the board (such as MyCode and the Shoutbox) to do malicious or really annoying things. 8-)
[Image: z3n0900.ashx]
08-13-2005 08:42 PM
toddy
Veteran Member

kcus uoy

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by blaCkjaCk
No, because its against the rules to abuse a Forum feature...

Forum Abuse: Do not abuse features of the board (such as MyCode and the Shoutbox) to do malicious or really annoying things. 8-)
where it say that u can't give silly comments ??? if u think somone derverses a rep whys it matter what it says in the comment box
08-13-2005 08:47 PM
RebelSean
Veteran Member

Microsoft Evangelist

33 / Male / Flag
That doesnt mean just because it isnt in the rules you dont have to listen to what an Administrator says. The admins have stated PLENTLY of times TO NOT ABUSE THE REPUTATION SYSTEM. You abused it, you got banned from it, deal with it :tongue:.

This post was edited on 08-13-2005 at 09:20 PM by RebelSean.
I'm on: Twitter, Facebook, and Neowin
08-13-2005 09:18 PM
dylan!

l33t p4int3r

– / Male / Flag
i dont think it really matters what people put in them...there will always be somethign wrong with everything...theres laws and people break them theres a forum people spam them theres rep system people will obviously give silly comments and so on and it shouldnt matter what other people think...its not like its hurting anyone or anything and if your that pissed and everything about it and its that annoying and that bad remove it...but i dont see how its hurting anyone with silly comments
08-13-2005 09:19 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
toddy
Veteran Member

kcus uoy

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by XxRebelSeanxX
That doesnt mean just because it isnt in the rules you dont have to listen to what an Administrator says. The admins have stated PLENTLY of times TO NOT ABUSE THE REPUTATION SYSTEM. You abused it, you got banned from it, deal with it :tounge:.

when has it ever been stated that u need to give a good reason ??? (apart from yesterday when surfi posted about it) all the reps i gave where to people who deserved them, yeh some of the reasons my have been dodgy (done for a lugh) but it doesn't mean that i don't thing they should have the rep

This post was edited on 08-13-2005 at 09:21 PM by toddy.
08-13-2005 09:20 PM
mwe99
Veteran Member

36 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by blaCkjaCk
So the elites are the must trusted ones.

Maybe so but i dont htink you can just expect them to do it, the Admins and Mods would have to discuss it, some people may not want to do that.
08-13-2005 09:21 PM
RebelSean
Veteran Member

Microsoft Evangelist

33 / Male / Flag
quote:
quote:
That doesnt mean just because it isnt in the rules you dont have to listen to what an Administrator says. The admins have stated PLENTLY of times TO NOT ABUSE THE REPUTATION SYSTEM. You abused it, you got banned from it, deal with it :tounge:.

when has it ever been stated that u need to give a good reason ??? (apart from yesterday when surfi posted about it) all the reps i gave where to people who deserved them, yeh some of the reasons my have been dodgy (done for a lugh) but it doesn't mean that i don't thing they should have the rep

Alot of times. Plenty of times Chris has told us/you on IRC not to, I'm sure it's been posted on the forums also.
I'm on: Twitter, Facebook, and Neowin
08-13-2005 09:26 PM
toddy
Veteran Member

kcus uoy

– / Male / Flag
quote:
quote:
quote:

Alot of times. Plenty of times Chris has told us/you on IRC not to, I'm sure it's been posted on the forums also.

chris has never told me not to post stupid comments in peoples reps :/
08-13-2005 09:32 PM
Pages: (11): « First « 6 7 8 9 [ 10 ] 11 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: