What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Announcements » Announcements & News » Archive » Petition to save Messenger Plus!

Pages: (29): « First « 21 22 23 24 [ 25 ] 26 27 28 29 » Last »
Petition to save Messenger Plus!
Author: Message:
absorbation
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: Petition to save Messenger Plus!
I asure you you either insatlled the sponsor or you insatlled smiley central it's that simple. The sponsor only insatlls if you allow it too and it's a clearly yes or no question :undecided:
08-31-2005 05:40 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Lou
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by HI ********
I had a perfectly sound computer hard drive untill I installed Msgr+ (even without the sponser). The problem therefore doesn't lie with MSAS but with your program.
This is untrue and impossible. You must have installed the sponsor program. There is no problem with the messenger plus! software. We do not appreciate it when people register on here just to say that they don't like the software. If you don't like it there is no reason to come on here at all. I know that the software is safe, and so does everyone here. If you have a problem with it don't install it. Its that simple. Don't come here to flame Patchou and his wonderful software.

This post was edited on 08-31-2005 at 06:32 PM by Lou.
[Image: msghelp.net.png]
The future holds bright things in it\\\'s path, but only time will tell what they are and where they come from.
Messenger Stuff Forums
08-31-2005 06:32 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
RebelSean
Veteran Member

Microsoft Evangelist

33 / Male / Flag
I wonder if we can get any expected date when the letters will be mailed to Microsoft, Patchou?
I'm on: Twitter, Facebook, and Neowin
08-31-2005 11:10 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by HI ********
I said that I installed it without the sponser and it still installed pop-up spyware.
It is totally impossible that it came from Plus! if you opt out the sponsor. It simply isn't programmed that way. And no program will do something which it isn't programmed to do just to annoy you...

quote:
Originally posted by lou_habs
We do not appreciate it when people register on here just to say that they don't like the software. If you don't like it there is no reason to come on here at all.
People still have the right to come here and post that they don't like Plus! or one of its options or whatever. However, they need to do it in a good manner (just like everybody else should) and maybe provide some valid reasons or something so maybe Patchou could improve Plus!.

But saying that one installed without the sponsor and still the sponsor got installed is not a vlid reason as that is indeed simply not possible at all.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
09-01-2005 06:17 AM
Sam Spade

<Insert inspirational comment here>

58 / – / –
quote:
Originally posted by Absorbation
I think patchou should make it more clear about the sponsor as i installed it last week by accideant lol (just quickly going through the insatller) however people should read the basic things in an insatller
Cripes! If you, with over 1,000 posts to this forum still managed to install the sponsor by accident, pity those who are not familiar with the program.  MP needs a big pop up window with tick boxes like MSN Messenger.

quote:
Originally posted by traxor
You don't have to be really careful at all, at first, there is a screen explaining what the sponsor is first, which you have to watch for 10 seconds, because you can't press "next" until you have, then on the next screen you see this:
It is not 10 seconds - its a shorter timeframe - I would estimate about 3 seconds - certainly no longer than it takes to glance over the display window as a whole.

quote:
This is only because there is a lot of false talk about Messenger Plus! surrounding the sponsor software. If they knew the truth, I assure you that they would download Messenger Plus! and use it sponsor free.
If they download and use MP sponsor free then Patchou doesn't earn an income anyway.  So he may as well get rid of the sponsor and have done with it - find somebody else to bankroll the msgplus site and earn him an income.

quote:
Patchou needs the money, otherwise nobody would be here.
See above. If nobody installs the sponsor, or if they remove it the first chance they get, Patchou doesn't get an income anyway.
09-01-2005 06:49 AM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Sam Spade
quote:
Originally posted by Absorbation
I think patchou should make it more clear about the sponsor as i installed it last week by accideant lol (just quickly going through the insatller) however people should read the basic things in an insatller
Cripes! If you, with over 1,000 posts to this forum still managed to install the sponsor by accident, pity those who are not familiar with the program.  MP needs a big pop up window with tick boxes like MSN Messenger.
1) I accidently installed the wrong program the other day... Does that mean that program should have a flashing 80pt banner which a cirene sound? No, it means I should have read what the program was about...
2) Plus! already has a dialog with tick boxes (and if I may add, the options are NOT ticked by default as in MSN Messenger and the dialog in Plus! can NOT be skipped until you make your choice, unlike in MSN Messenger.)

-----------

And the sponsor is still there because some people do install it on purpose to support Patchou. period.

-----------

Now, don't let this end in a yes/no discussion as this is not the place to do it. This thread is about the petition, nothing more, nothing less.

This post was edited on 09-01-2005 at 06:57 AM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
09-01-2005 06:57 AM
fluffy_lobster
Veteran Member

36 / Male / Flag
Just a question - will this be recycled paper and how much does one petition take up?  I signed but I don't want to be wasting valuable trees :P
09-01-2005 10:53 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Patchou
Messenger Plus! Creator

43 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Petition to save Messenger Plus!
Of course... I don't want to waste trees either and I know Microsoft has a recycling plan too so in the end, the petition shouldn't have wasted any valuable resource.
[Image: signature2.gif]
09-01-2005 08:30 PM
SlimShady

quote:
Number of signatures received since the 17th of August 2005: 83,666
are you waiting for number 100,000 or 1,000,000 ?
or until a specific date ? (next MsgPlus release?)
09-02-2005 07:48 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
ryanh_106

How much time shall we waste today??

37 / Male / –
Signed mine straight away, I said it to them Patchou I might as well say it to you...

What a petty argument against what is widely known among all users of your own MSN software as a fantastic FREE add-on that poses no threat to an individual's computer whatsoever. Despite the fact that Messenger PLUS has been recognised by Microsoft in the past as one of the main add-on programs for MSN messenger, I would have thought that Microsoft would want to be seen as supporting all amateur programmers that wish to work FOR FREE to improve the Microsoft MSN experience for all its users rather than discouraging them. You only need to read the posts on the Messenger PLUS forums from users who only ever have praise for Patchou's work to see the time and effort he has put into not only creating this program for all to benefit from , but his continuous efforts to provide admiral personal support for anyone who has a query regarding his program. Good look with you're petition Patchou and congratulations for all your work.

Hope all works out well my friend

Ryan Heath
NoFus Software
09-02-2005 07:08 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Pages: (29): « First « 21 22 23 24 [ 25 ] 26 27 28 29 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: