What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » MSN HACK WARNING

Pages: (4): « First [ 1 ] 2 3 4 » Last »
MSN HACK WARNING
Author: Message:
slick00000

Just Another Kid With A Computer

34 / Male / –
O.P. Sad  MSN HACK WARNING
:@:@:@WARNING:In the last few days there have been threts made to people via msn messanger. Apparently While people have been chatting a brief message is written "Im Mr. Hacker, you do as i say or we will wipe your hard drive" Even if you do as they say your hard drive WILL BE HACKED! So turn off your computer immidiatly!!! I will keep you posted if i hear of anymore about this! If you have witnessed this and know of anyways to stop it or to patch or prevent it please post it here
08-21-2005 04:16 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
[MR]
Veteran Member

Scruffy Ruffy

33 / Male / Flag
RE: MSN HACK WARNING
quote:
Originally posted by slick00000
:@:@:@WARNING:In the last few days there have been threts made to people via msn messanger. Apparently While people have been chatting a brief message is written "Im Mr. Hacker, you do as i say or we will wipe your hard drive" Even if you do as they say your hard drive WILL BE HACKED! So turn off your computer immidiatly!!! I will keep you posted if i hear of anymore about this! If you have witnessed this and know of anyways to stop it or to patch or prevent it please post it here

thats pretty scary...but im sure firewalls and antivirus and antispyware programs with real time protection can prevent that from happening
[Image: siggy20ss.jpg]
08-21-2005 04:18 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Val

30 / Other / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by slick00000

Sounds like they just got lots of ppl into one group and post a bunch of stuff unless there was somekind of program atached to the message
Menthix:
Anonymous doesn\'t have a leader.
Anonymous is the leader of ShawnZ.

Max:
True. But deep down, we all know.
ShawnZ is incharge.
he is /b/ in human form.
08-21-2005 04:19 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
[MR]
Veteran Member

Scruffy Ruffy

33 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by val3006
there was somekind of program atached to the message
most likely
[Image: siggy20ss.jpg]
08-21-2005 04:20 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
brian

– / Male / –
Erm, if you didn't click, and you didn't accept, your safe. :-\
08-21-2005 04:23 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
RebelSean
Veteran Member

Microsoft Evangelist

33 / Male / Flag
I haven't heard anything about this, nor have I heard it getting done to anyone. Do you know if someone is SAYING this or there is a VIRUS spreading around that IMs your contacts with a message like that?
I'm on: Twitter, Facebook, and Neowin
08-21-2005 04:34 AM
dotNorma
Veteran Member

32 / Male / –
Its obviosuly a virus that just says it, Its not somebody writing.
08-21-2005 06:04 AM
Fergy

36 / Male / Flag
just make your power cord nice and accessible so you can yank it out

I've had something like this happen to me before, a hacker/virus got into my computer, reset it and got it to tasks (probably format my hard drive) when it started up again. When i noticed the MS-Dos text all over the screen, i went to the power board and turned off the power to the system. When i turned it back on, it loaded windows fine.

This post was edited on 08-21-2005 at 06:54 AM by Fergy.
I should change my sig ay?
08-21-2005 06:51 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
user27089
Disabled Account

I haven't heard about anything like this, maybe it is just a chain letter thing, or maybe they're even just trying to scare you... They won't be able to do anything to your computer, unless you accept something, or unless they get your IP somehow... They could get your IP by simply starting a webcam conversation with them... So don't do anything like this.
08-21-2005 06:52 AM
Anubis
Elite Member

33 / Male / Flag
It is possible that this message is only triggered if your computer is infected with a trojan. It is programed to relay an IM adddress (as well as perhaps more infomation) back to a server and in responce the server sends an automated message back to the MSN client outlaying a threat. If you respond its likely the serevr will give you more infomation.
Or it could just be an empty threat sent by an automated serevr that crawls for MSN addresses from user to user.

This post was edited on 08-21-2005 at 07:05 AM by Anubis.
[Image: anubis5hq.png]
08-21-2005 07:05 AM
Pages: (4): « First [ 1 ] 2 3 4 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: