What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » MSN HACK WARNING

Pages: (4): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] 4 » Last »
MSN HACK WARNING
Author: Message:
Curtis

31 / Male / Flag
RE: MSN HACK WARNING
Firewalls don't matter, theres always an open port, if there wasn't you couldn't connect to anything.

Edit: No I am not telling anyone which one it is.

This post was edited on 08-24-2005 at 11:49 PM by Curtis.
08-24-2005 11:41 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
LittleK

Wo0p-Wo0p..

34 / Female / –
Speaking about hacking, i today was hacked, but i know for an absolute 100% fact no body could hack me, my password is set to high, my secret question is unguessable as is my password, and i told no one.

Now ill probably get replys "well you must have told someone/someone was looking over your shoulder/it couldnt of been very safe" But i assure you, im very careful.

Im just wondering, is there actually any genuine msn hackers these days? who actually use programs to hack? I always thought it was never possible but, i guess im wrong. If there isnt, im stumped.
[Image: style3,LittleK.png]
09-01-2005 01:28 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
DJeX
Veteran Member

– / Male / –
Yea it's possible to hack msn accounts by useing exploits. But most expliots have been fixed.
[Image: top.gif]
09-01-2005 01:54 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
no offense but, 99% of people who say they've been hacked either made a mistake of their own (did something by accident. eg: deleting an important Windows file, deleted other stuff), entered their password wrong (so they thought someone changed it), experienced behaviour which they don't know about (and thus call it "I'm hacked", while all it was was a fluke or bug in Windows or what not)...

0,99% of people actually downloaded and executed a malicious file which made them vulnerable to outsiders. But because this requires the outsider to be very l33t, this is also rare (considering all the billions who never get "hacked")

0,01% of people are really getting hack. But I can assure you that this is extremely rare!

(note: figures are not to be taken literally, they are just here to proof the point)
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
09-01-2005 04:29 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
LittleK

Wo0p-Wo0p..

34 / Female / –
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised

no offense but, 99% of people who say they've been hacked either made a mistake of their own (did something by accident. eg: deleting an important Windows file, deleted other stuff), entered their password wrong (so they thought someone changed it), experienced behaviour which they don't know about (and thus call it "I'm hacked", while all it was was a fluke or bug in Windows or what not)...

0,99% of people actually downloaded and executed a malicious file which made them vulnerable to outsiders. But because this requires the outsider to be very l33t, this is also rare (considering all the billions who never get "hacked")

0,01% of people are really getting hack. But I can assure you that this is extremely rare!

(note: figures are not to be taken literally, they are just here to proof the point)

I dont mess around with my messenger files, nore do i download malicious files. Im very safe with what i do, believe me. Yeah you may be right, maybe i did mess around, but how it explains that "You have signed into msn messenger at another location" pops up, whilst not having WM or any other version of messenger running, and bare in mind it did this twice , to me, doesnt seem like a faulty installation :P
09-01-2005 12:30 PM
FrozenDaggers

I shoot people.

35 / Female / Flag
RE: RE: MSN HACK WARNING
quote:

I've had all three of those happen to me lmao 8-)
09-01-2005 12:57 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
zaher1988

Inseperable

36 / Male / Flag
i think it;s just like that program find who blocked u , that start to send with each conversation a message saying : did u know that you can find who blocked you on http://www.``.com "

so it's just a message, and not a real virus that will delete your PC :D and it's not from your pc, but your contact's one :)
09-01-2005 01:08 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by LittleK

I dont mess around with my messenger files, nore do i download malicious files. Im very safe with what i do, believe me. Yeah you may be right, maybe i did mess around, but how it explains that "You have signed into msn messenger at another location" pops up, whilst not having WM or any other version of messenger running, and bare in mind it did this twice , to me, doesnt seem like a faulty installation :P
This can be caused because of many reasons. eg: you used a contactlist cleaner, a block checker, whatever (all these kind of programs need to log in to your account in order to do their stuff), Windows Messenger is running in the background because it was started up by eg Outlook, etc...

I'm not saying you are not hacked and it is totally impossible though. But in practice this is useually not the case and it is much more frequent that some other program (eg: listcleaner, windows messenger) is the cause.

If you have XP, press ctrl-alt-del and list all your processes sorted on the username column (click on the column header). Easiest way is to make a screenshot (or couple of screenshots so they are all visible)...

oh, and change your password and secret question, just in case...

This post was edited on 09-05-2005 at 03:31 AM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
09-05-2005 03:29 AM
segosa
Community's Choice

RE: RE: MSN HACK WARNING
quote:
Originally posted by Curtis
Firewalls don't matter, theres always an open port, if there wasn't you couldn't connect to anything.

Edit: No I am not telling anyone which one it is.

Hahahhaa.. ports 1024-65536 are used for outgoing connections and they're never "open", listening on a port is not the same as using it.

quote:
Originally posted by LittleK

Im just wondering, is there actually any genuine msn hackers these days? who actually use programs to hack? I always thought it was never possible but, i guess im wrong. If there isnt, im stumped.

I highly doubt your actual MSN Messenger passport was hacked. That doesn't mean someone didn't infect your PC with a keylogger, or guessed your secret question and changed your password, or any of the other things CookieRevised mentioned.:P

This post was edited on 09-05-2005 at 10:51 AM by segosa.
The previous sentence is false. The following sentence is true.
09-05-2005 06:43 AM
LittleK

Wo0p-Wo0p..

34 / Female / –
quote:
f you have XP, press ctrl-alt-del and list all your processes sorted on the username column (click on the column header). Easiest way is to make a screenshot (or couple of screenshots so they are all visible)...

[Image: 24712371816.jpg]

There CookieRevised.

This post was edited on 09-05-2005 at 05:43 PM by LittleK.
09-05-2005 05:40 PM
Pages: (4): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] 4 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: