What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » General » General Chit Chat » Knowledge vs. Faith

Pages: (4): « First [ 1 ] 2 3 4 » Last »
Knowledge vs. Faith
Author: Message:
Pinchichuv

Viva Mexico y sus mojados

38 / Male / Flag
O.P. Knowledge vs. Faith
heres a thread that i got from a another forum, and i kind of agree with this guy, so what do you think? Knowledge or Faith?

[QUOTE=DrakenFire87]

Timeline 1: Faith
8000 BC: 45% of Americans believe the Earth was created by God on this day.  That is their belief.  That is their "Faith".
32 CE: Christ was crucified.
2005 CE: Obscure youngsters argue about dinosaurs.

Timeline 2: Knowledge
Billions of Years Ago: Earth was Created over millions of years by the combinations of rocks, or whatever the theory is today.  Whatever the theory is it didn't happen in the last 10,000 years which is the entire point.
Sometime Before 8000 BC: Dinosaurs walked the Earth

Timeline 1 does not have room for Timeline 2.  Timeline 1 is composed of 45% of America population whose religion says it is the correct timeline.  Timeline 2 is the correct timeline in respect to Knowledge.  The validity of this knowledge is ever-changing, but in reality is as close to absolute as modern science can provide.  Faith cannot be defeated by Knowledge.  Timeline 1 still exists despite Timeline 2.

If you don't get that, just stop trying.  I don't know what else to do.  I'm not trying to prove some grand scheme.  The topic is "Knowledge Vs. Faith" not "Black Vs. White".  By that I mean black is black and it will never be white.  We are not talking in absolutes.  Faith and Knowledge are both abstract, ok?[/QUOTE]
[Image: equipo_cimarrones_mxl.jpg]

08-21-2005 04:42 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
John Anderton
Elite Member

37 / Male / Flag
RE: Knowledge vs. Faith
Knowledge > Faith (by very little) > *
For me
[

KarunAB.com
]

[img]http://gamercards.exophase.com/459422.png[
/img]
08-21-2005 04:51 AM
user27089
Disabled Account

Personally, I think that it is a load of balls...
08-21-2005 06:54 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
John Anderton
Elite Member

37 / Male / Flag
I think both are quite important. Its just your way of perciving things :P
I do have faith .... but not necessarily in the way that was shown in the quoted text ...... if it were up to the text then i believe in knowledge.
[

KarunAB.com
]

[img]http://gamercards.exophase.com/459422.png[
/img]
08-21-2005 07:06 AM
multimillion2k

– / Male / –
Faith alone is blind faith. Some people truly believe in alien/elves/fairies/zombies/(Bill Gates?) etc - we call them loony. If there is as much proof of Christ as of these other fantasies, what's the difference? Knowledge is very important I think, but it's the combination of the two that is the strongest.

Regarding the two timelines, I personally believe that they can co-exist.
08-21-2005 07:48 AM
saralk
Veteran Member

35 / Male / Flag
I think that there is a degree of overlap between the two.

Creationists say that god one day said LET THERE BE LIGHT, Evolutionists say that one day there was a big bang, If you think about it, there is not much different between the two, a lot of light energy would be given out when the big bang happened.

Next, God created water, land, planet, fish and animals and finally man, in that order. Which pretty much talleys with what evolutionists say, I am not going to into detail about what the evolutionists say, but google it.

The similarities end when god did this in 6 days. However, I don't think that the bible is supposed to be taken litterally anyway, but is full of analogies and lessons 'n' stuff.

So, really, if you analyse stuff, you can see that evolutionists and creationists can live in perfect harmony, and all the crap of not teaching evolution theory in some schools can be scrapped because really creationism is the same as evolutionism in creationism there is a face put to the evolution process.
The Artist Formerly Known As saralk
London · New York · Paris
Est. 1989
08-21-2005 09:54 AM
emit
Disabled Account

quote:
If you don't get that, just stop trying.  I don't know what else to do.  I'm not trying to prove some grand scheme.  The topic is "Knowledge Vs. Faith" not "Black Vs. White".  By that I mean black is black and it will never be white.  We are not talking in absolutes.  Faith and Knowledge are both abstract, ok?

You're describing something called the "grey fallacy". One person says white, another says black, and outside observers assume grey is the truth. The assumption of grey is sloppy, lazy thinking. The fact that one person takes a position that is diametrically opposed to the truth does not then skew reality so the truth is no longer the truth, The truth is still the truth. So, essentially whoever wrote that is skewing reality and is an idiot.
08-21-2005 10:29 AM
Garndell

Welcome to Elvie's World!!!

40 / Male / –
CE???  I think he means AD.

Knowledge is of more use that faith.  It also say sto me that either 45% (at least) of Americans are morons or they've been brainwashed by a hipocritical religion.

This post was edited on 08-21-2005 at 11:40 AM by Garndell.
[Image: c2-garndell.jpg]
08-21-2005 11:38 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
user27089
Disabled Account

Saral, I think you got all of that information from Dan Brown's Angels & Demons, it is an amazing book, and it tells you about all of the theories Saral has described...

I have a lot of faith, I believe in God, I find it weird that we are just here, and look at everything we have... Why haven't other things evolved as we have, and they have been here longer than us?
08-21-2005 11:44 AM
ShawnZ
Veteran Member

32 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Garndell
CE???  I think he means AD.

Knowledge is of more use that faith.  It also say sto me that either 45% (at least) of Americans are morons or they've been brainwashed by a hipocritical religion.

CE is the new term for AD 8-)
Spoiler:
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.