What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » General » General Chit Chat » Knowledge vs. Faith

Pages: (4): « First « 1 2 3 [ 4 ] Last »
Knowledge vs. Faith
Author: Message:
[MR]
Veteran Member

Scruffy Ruffy

33 / Male / Flag
RE: Knowledge vs. Faith
we cant really have these religious threads here b/c there are too many people on here with too many beleifs that we cant agree with eachother...which just offends people and breaks people relationships wioth others i guess...its just sad that alot of people dont believe in God or at least some God. 
[Image: siggy20ss.jpg]
08-22-2005 10:10 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
PenguinBoy

indude

35 / Male / –
PenguinBoy likes such threads, because he likes to know what people hold in their souls.

I used to be religious, Strictly, but knowlege,  jelous people, and santa raped me of it. and left my mind naked to the burning sun (metaphor).

I would do many things to try and regain my faith. but the fact is once u see through it u can't cover ur eyes without knowing what ur covering them from. i'd never wish to take away the confort from people, which i myself once had. so i don't say to much.

Faith is a nice place to hide, but Knowlege rips down the walls.

even if did have more faith. and even my beliefs coresponded direcly with the gospel, i'd never again label myself with a religion. i'm 100% against it. Belief is personal and becoming part of a religion is far to dangerous for my liking.

Rejoice in the eyes of urself! because it's fun.

Dogma is a sweet film, i think if people are interested in religion it is a beast, quite entertaining too.
08-22-2005 11:42 PM
[MR]
Veteran Member

Scruffy Ruffy

33 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by PenguinBoy
Dogma is a sweet film, i think if people are interested in religion it is a beast, quite entertaining too.

ya i have seen it
[Image: siggy20ss.jpg]
08-23-2005 01:52 AM
ShawnZ
Veteran Member

32 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by MR_5_MR
we cant really have these religious threads here b/c there are too many people on here with too many beleifs that we cant agree with eachother...which just offends people and breaks people relationships wioth others i guess...its just sad that alot of people dont believe in God or at least some God.

Thats exactly the point, why waste effort following religon when everyone can be one in an antireligon where we just beleave what we can prove, and that way we won't have to dispute over our beliefs either
Spoiler:
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
08-23-2005 03:08 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
John Anderton
Elite Member

37 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by traxor
Saral, I think you got all of that information from Dan Brown's Angels & Demons, it is an amazing book, and it tells you about all of the theories Saral has described...
(Y)
I <3 that book cause it brings both science and religion together showing what they have been saying for so many years is true ..... there was something from nothing and thats the big bang ;)
[

KarunAB.com
]

[img]http://gamercards.exophase.com/459422.png[
/img]
08-23-2005 10:14 AM
Purity
Veteran Member

AngelFuck

34 / Female / –
quote:
Originally posted by Purity's blog
I don’t think I can ever chose a religion, there is so many. The main reason is because there is so many limits, there’s pretty much no freedom. Let’s say your a full out christian, you do every single thing the bible says. Your a sinless person pretty much. What is the point of your life? You’d be doing the same stuff everyday pretty much, you’d have no fun. It bothers me when I hear a super religious person talk about god lots, the whole concept I just don’t get why, and how. I don’t wanna dedicate my life to living in fear of going to hell, I just wanna have fun. You only live once. We all sin. I think it’s kinda sad that the bible forces you to be afraid of hell, and to believe in god. I don’t understand gods concept on how he’s doing things around here. People say god can do anything he wants, why doesn’t he stop poverty and such, make the world more lively, and not so dull. I’m sure it was good at one point of exsistence, but evolution came and fucked things up, I think that it’s a fluke that there is living things on this planet, did you know that mars was always frozen. As far as science can tell? The only reason we are living is because we are the right distance from the sun. I’m sure that there is other life forms all over the solar system and in other galexies.

“You must do this in order to goto heaven!” etc etc etc!

You know I hate the idea of talking about negative things like this, religious wise, but someones gotta open their eyes.

But without religions, the whole world would be out of order, it’s what draws the line, makes things right.

I also have a small theory that the whole god and bible thing is a hoax, just to keep society together as much as possible, if it weren’t for these people, im sure the world would be terror. Sure it’s kinda a out there idea, but it would be possible, people wanted society to keep it together so they thought that making them live in fear would help.

“there is no good with out evil” if there was neither what would it be?

There has to be a point to exsistence, there has to be something that made us. Or maybe it’s something more than our minds can think, or power. Who knows, if there is a god, why doesn’t he do something about this world.

If people didn’t die from cancer and etc…. the world would be over populated. Dieing goes both ways, good and bad. But I think that everyone should die naturaly. Notice how in the old ages, there was no cancer, drugs, or terrorism, just shows how shitty this society has gotten and how it cant get much worse.

I choose knowledge.....

You can argue with me about that as much as you want, will never get me to change my opinion or view on religion, or existance.

This post was edited on 08-23-2005 at 10:51 AM by Purity.
[Image: puritysig8.jpg/]
www.purity.toastednet.org
08-23-2005 10:37 AM
John Anderton
Elite Member

37 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Purity
I choose knowledge.....

You can argue with me about that as much as you want, will never get me to change my opinion or view on religion, or existance.
I didnt read that whole thing but i agree with the final tht ....

tho 1 thing did catch my eye ...

quote:
Originally posted by Purity
“You must do this in order to goto heaven!” etc etc etc!
Id say do this in the name of humanity ... not so that you goto heaven ;) (not that i dont believe in the supreme power but i am a scientific man so c'mon :P Tho i believe what Dan Brow's Angels and Demons had to say ;))
[

KarunAB.com
]

[img]http://gamercards.exophase.com/459422.png[
/img]
08-23-2005 11:32 AM
emit
Disabled Account

RE: RE: Knowledge vs. Faith
quote:
Originally posted by MR_5_MR

That makes it the perfect forums to have religious discussions on. On a scientific forum everyone will believe in evolution and on a religious forum everyone will believe in creation. Thus, this makes a place where the two ideas are held by different people a much better platform from which to discuss and debate the subject.
08-23-2005 12:05 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Pages: (4): « First « 1 2 3 [ 4 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: