What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » [suggestion] Tip of the day

Pages: (5): « First « 1 2 3 4 [ 5 ] Last »
[suggestion] Tip of the day
Author: Message:
LittleK

Wo0p-Wo0p..

34 / Female / –
RE: [suggestion] Tip of the day
quote:
Originally posted by Choli
i don't think so... lots of people register daily in forums (both these ones and the spanish ones) asking for help, also there are many people who install plus but only know the very basic of it, event if they have plus instaled for a lot of time.

Yeah but you find most these users ask questions like "whens the next beta out?" Not about MsgPlus features itself. But yeah your right, it is a good idea. :)
[Image: style3,LittleK.png]
09-05-2005 08:25 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
KeyStorm
Elite Member

Inn-sewer-ants-pollie-sea

38 / Male / –
O.P. RE: [suggestion] Tip of the day
quote:
Originally posted by LittleK
Yeah but you find most these users ask questions like "whens the next beta out?" Not about MsgPlus features itself.

This is what you get... Actually I don't see many Plus! n00bs (the term I feel like to use for them) on this board. They are to be seen on IRC and more likely on the Hispanic Community. However it may be, hese people on't know what beta's are, and they shouldn't even care.

The usergroup you're talking about, Lil'K, are PC (half)powerusers who know about betas and do actually know pretty much how Plus! works, but just usually don't understand Plus! follows different procedures than other software editors who usually publish their betas for public testing, wwhich may, as you know, cause bad effects on the app's reputation when some things go worng or work unexpectedly.

The wider usergroup is people who at most know how to send sounds. Well at least in my opinion, of course.
09-05-2005 09:27 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Tarry

MsgPlus?lang=ca

– / Male / –
It's such a nice idea. It'd be really useful for users to discover new features. For example, while I was translating Plus! 3.60 I had problems when translating the texts of a feature. I had to recover the beta mail to find out the proper translation. I think that happened because there's not enough information in the preferences (or options) windows about some features, so it's possible they're not used because of that. Those tips would help to increase the using of the less-known features. Good job!
09-13-2005 08:34 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Pyro

The Frog Is Back!

31 / Male / –
you got me vote!
[Image: angusl.png]
/!\5603 days, 8 hours, 35 minutes, 58 seconds ago Until Xmas!!/!\
09-14-2005 04:09 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Pages: (5): « First « 1 2 3 4 [ 5 ] Last »