What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » MSN Messenger 8.0 Features?

Pages: (6): « First « 1 2 3 4 [ 5 ] 6 » Last »
MSN Messenger 8.0 Features?
Author: Message:
Hank
Banned

– / – / Flag
RE: MSN Messenger 8.0 Features?
quote:
Originally posted by XxRebelSeanxX
Because there not like that . It's been known for quit some time now that MSNM v8.0 development has began

i'd like some actual PROOF , an there's no real Evidence  to these statements from M$$ themselves bout it .

This post was edited on 08-30-2005 at 12:36 AM by Hank.
08-30-2005 12:35 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: RE: MSN Messenger 8.0 Features?
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Animal
quote:
How do you know it doesn't exist? I here from some very high up people that development has done began, and I'm not lieing about that either.

an how do you know there not just  fooling around with you Sean,

Because there not like that ;). It's been known for quit some time now that MSNM v8.0 development has began :undecided:.

I hear such "reports" constantly on various forums, that "some high-up people say this and that". :rolleyes:

Mostly (99,9999999999% of all cases) those high-up people are just common people hearing stuff from other just the same or inventing stuff or even don't speak perfect english and thus writing wrong or suggestive stuff... and then the ball gets rolling and before you know it, we have an "official" report because those people have a high-standing/good friends/whatnot towards those who read the posts. This does not mean those reports are accurate at all. It means someone (which doesn't need to be "high-up" at all) just started to spread a rumour....

eg: some newbie might read this thread and sees your post. He could think, oh RebelSean said that and he has x posts, so he knows what he is talking about, and before you know it we have a report in the morning editions of the Times saying: "Officially announced features of Messenger 8"...

Unless there are OFFICIAL reports, such stuff is a rumour and nothing more than a rumour and nobody should post stuff like "I heared it from high-up people" because that's BS....

-----------------------------------------------------

And in this case, if you track down the source from all this, you'll see that is was stil_tippin on mess.be who posted this as first, telling:
quote:
I told my friends uncle to email me the features of the New MSN, he finally emailed me after 8 hours. Well He asked his friend from the Messenger Department to tell him the features, well here they are:
[SNIPPED]
*The list above is ideas from past beta users and ideas are not finalized

1) again, a typical "a friend told a friend" situation.
2) Who says stil_tippin speaks the thruth about this? (no offence towards him, this is just making a point in general)
3) Who says this MSN Messenger department guy didn't lie or didn't provide some random stuff just to keep them quite.
4) the last note says clearly it is NOT a feature list at all, but just some random ideas (as we all keep saying constantly)
5) He clearly asks in this thread if this list is to be taken seriously or if this uncle from his friend is BS'ing.

Then we go to the next link in the chain (MessengerMad):
quote:
Recently alot of talk has been going around the internet about a possible MSN Messenger 8.0 feature list. We here at Messengermad.com have been told that MSN Messenger 8.0 is already in development, and a BETA product may be released by the end of this year or early next year. Messer still_tippin posted on the Mess.be Forums a possible feature list of MSN Messenger v8.0.
So now they are throwing in other so called facts... And of course no mention of the "The list above are just ideas" note...

Next source (RebelSean):
quote:
These have not yet been confirmed by any Microsoft Employee, but sources tell me that indeed this could be what is going to be packaged into MSN Messenger 8.0.
So now it is as good as official, it only needs a small confirmation from MSN???????

I bet you can already find some post on some forum by now saying "These are the official features to be added in MSN Messenger 8 scheduled to be released as final in december".....

I rest my case...

This post was edited on 08-30-2005 at 01:04 AM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
08-30-2005 12:50 AM
RebelSean
Veteran Member

Microsoft Evangelist

33 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: RE: RE: MSN Messenger 8.0 Features?
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
I hear such "reports" constantly on various forums, that "some high-up people say this and that". :rolleyes:

Mostly (99,9999999999% of all cases) those high-up people are just common people hearing stuff from other just the same or inventing stuff or even don't speak perfect english and thus writing wrong or suggestive stuff... and then the ball gets rolling and before you know it, we have an "official" report because those people have a high-standing/good friends/whatnot towards those who read the posts. This does not mean those reports are accurate at all. It means someone (which doesn't need to be "high-up" at all) just started to spread a rumour....

Yeah well, rest assure that the people who I am talking to and other people who are talking to the SAME people I am talking to have never not once lied or given false information before. I am saying what I have been told, and if I am wrong I will admit I am wrong. But rest assure the people who I talk to never have lied to me nor others.

I do ,however, see your point in all this being rumours, but as I said in my post on Messengermad. I did not confirm that the feature list is infact TRUE, I said some high up people confirm that some of the list is infact partialy true. What I know is a fact is that MSN Messenger 8 is already in development, but I myself have not been givin much information about it.

Now weither you believe me or not is your choice :tongue:.

This post was edited on 08-30-2005 at 02:03 AM by RebelSean.
I'm on: Twitter, Facebook, and Neowin
08-30-2005 02:02 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Patchou
Messenger Plus! Creator

43 / Male / Flag
Well, if it can make some of you happy, I did see some Messenger 8 related stuff myself while I was at Microsoft headquarter's this summer and what I saw is not in the "leaked list" :p.

Just remember that if there was such a good source of information from Microsoft, this guy/girl would probably get fired pretty soon for giving that kind of info publicly. I would suggest you don't get your hopes up for any rumour you hear about Messenger :).
[Image: signature2.gif]
08-30-2005 05:53 AM
Hank
Banned

– / – / Flag
as i thought, patchou would know before you knew Sean :)
08-30-2005 06:07 AM
DragonX

40 / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by Patchou
Well, if it can make some of you happy, I did see some Messenger 8 related stuff myself while I was at Microsoft headquarter's this summer and what I saw is not in the "leaked list" :p.

And what exactly did u see ? -- I know, i know, they made u sign an nda, but then again u could start rumours too :P (Didn't c any harm in asking ;))

This post was edited on 08-30-2005 at 06:10 AM by DragonX.
[Image: dsd-mi_616175.png]
08-30-2005 06:08 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
L. Coyote

Captain Obvious

38 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by DragonX
And what exactly did u see ? -- I know, i know, they made u sign an nda, but then again u could start rumours too :P (Didn't c any harm in asking ;))
If you know (he won't/can't say anything), why are you asking? :s

This post was edited on 08-30-2005 at 06:09 AM by L. Coyote.

Hack, hack, hack!
Finally became a Systems Analyst! :spam:

08-30-2005 06:09 AM
DragonX

40 / Male / –
RE: RE: MSN Messenger 8.0 Features?
quote:
Originally posted by Regexp
If you know (he won't/can't say anything), why are you asking? :s

Why not ? Today might be our lucky day ! I dunno, like i said, no harm done.

This post was edited on 08-30-2005 at 08:55 AM by DragonX.
[Image: dsd-mi_616175.png]
08-30-2005 06:12 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
RebelSean
Veteran Member

Microsoft Evangelist

33 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: MSN Messenger 8.0 Features?
quote:
Originally posted by Animal
as i thought, patchou would know before you knew Sean :)

Just because Patchou did not see this at the meeting he went to, does not mean that it's not true. I'm not saying Patchou is lieing either, because I do indeed believe him.

Oh and another thing, I wish you would seriously get something straight. I did not ever say the dang list is true, I said that some people confirm that SOME things on that list are true. What I did say was true is that MSN Messenger 8.0 is already in development.

:dodgy:

Edit: Also, some of you know her, Nicole. The MSN Messenger developer? Yeah well, she also confirmed on her blog that MSN Messenger v8.0 is in development.

http://spaces.msn.com/members/nicoleteee/Blog/cns...3JT4gWCg!154.entry

Do you need it in writing and signed by Bill Gates to believe me now?

This post was edited on 08-30-2005 at 12:56 PM by RebelSean.
I'm on: Twitter, Facebook, and Neowin
08-30-2005 12:38 PM
~INVASION~
Veteran Member

36 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by qune
quote:
Originally posted by ~INVASION~
umm actually animated .jpeg technology does exist
how's that now?.. if it does exist, what are the platforms to support it?.. highly doubtable imho, besides what's the point if it doesn't support alpha blending... png will most likely aim itself into the direction of supporting multiple frames/animation...
heard about it a couple a months ago before resident evil 4 came out, i was watching a tech show on the previousely named "g4techtv" television station, on the show they talked about how they were able to get stunning quality background animation with the new and never before used, jpg technology. I doubt ill find an article on it, prolly misleading information, but it was on g4tech, you wouldnt think theyd get something like that wrong :S

maybe i misheard them :S
{WindowsLive Butterfly ~ 2006 - 2009}
08-30-2005 01:08 PM
Pages: (6): « First « 1 2 3 4 [ 5 ] 6 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: