What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » MSN Messenger 8.0 Features?

Pages: (6): « First « 2 3 4 5 [ 6 ] Last »
MSN Messenger 8.0 Features?
Author: Message:
Hank
Banned

– / – / Flag
RE: MSN Messenger 8.0 Features?
tryig hard to defend urself now sean?..u were the one that first Posted about this thread yeah? ..:) you obviously believed all those features that were listed would have been in 8.0? . how many times did Cookie tell you Sean, i'd believe Patchou before i believed you,

08-30-2005 01:16 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
RebelSean
Veteran Member

Microsoft Evangelist

33 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: MSN Messenger 8.0 Features?
quote:
Originally posted by Animal
tryig hard to defend urself now sean?..u were the one that first Posted about this thread yeah? ..:) you obviously believed all those features that were listed would have been in 8.0? . how many times did Cookie tell you Sean, i'd believe Patchou before i believed you,

Because I posted a thread quoting a site does not mean I believe it. Read my first post:

These have not yet been confirmed by any Microsoft Employee, but sources tell me that indeed this could be what is going to be packaged into MSN Messenger 8.0.

And again, please read what I am saying, I do not and I did not say that this is the feature list. The ONLY thing I have confirmed to he TRUE is that MSN Messenger 8.0 is in development.
I'm on: Twitter, Facebook, and Neowin
08-30-2005 02:13 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Patchou
Messenger Plus! Creator

43 / Male / Flag
Cool down everybody, there's no reason to get mad over this. Sean is right, some of the stuff in the list will probably endup in the final version, we just don't know what yet, there's no need for a battle of who knows what ad nobody knows anything :p.

Also, I want to make something very clear regarding my last post: I said that what I saw was not on the list, I didn't say that I didn't see some of the stuff in the list (it's the opposite). And of course... no, I can't say anything so don't even ask :).
[Image: signature2.gif]
08-30-2005 05:11 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RebelSean, it is about misinformation and making suggestive posts, starting rumours. If you knew the list isn't 100% then why post it in the first place. And why not clearly state with big letters that this is all just a rumour (because it is; as nothing is confirmed at all)...or at least post the real source so people can read the real source thread, instead of copying from a site which also copied it from the source (and thus adding/removing ungrounded comments to it)

Making suggestive posts while you know some people will interpret it as "the holy truth" and spread it further (without the added notes), is worse than even posting the literal source post without anything added/removed.

I hope we all can remember what happened when someone posted that dynamic DP's would be added. It didn't take long before someone interpreted this as animated DPs and some time later as animated GIFs and all hell broke loose when MSN didn't added them...

This is just the same. If you don't know for sure, don't post it to avoid misinterpretations and rumours.

;)

PS1: if someone posted a list like that of Messenger Plus!, you would also complain about it being rumours etc...
PS2: don't take this too personaly, many people do this kind of things, so all this is more meant in general...

This post was edited on 08-30-2005 at 05:47 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
08-30-2005 05:40 PM
ShawnZ
Veteran Member

32 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
RebelSean, it is about misinformation and making suggestive posts, starting rumours. If you knew the list isn't 100% then why post it in the first place. And why not clearly state with big letters that this is all just a rumour (because it is; as nothing is confirmed at all)...

Making suggestive posts while you know some people will interpret it as "the holy truth" and spread it further (without the added notes), is worse than even posting the literal source post without anything added/removed.

I hope we all can remember what happened when someone posted that dynamic DP's would be added. It didn't take long before someone interpreted this as animated DPs and some time later as animated GIFs and all hell broke loose when MSN didn't added them...

This is just the same. If you don't know for sure, don't post it to avoid misinterpretations and rumours.
That really calls for one of Time's "ding." posts.

Spoiler:
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
08-30-2005 05:42 PM
RebelSean
Veteran Member

Microsoft Evangelist

33 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: MSN Messenger 8.0 Features?
quote:
RebelSean, it is about misinformation and making suggestive posts, starting rumours. If you knew the list isn't 100% then why post it in the first place. And why not clearly state with big letters that this is all just a rumour (because it is; as nothing is confirmed at all)...

I did not know that one had to make size 50 font, and bold there letters to make it known that it is a rumour. I do get your point, and I do know that it's mearly spreading rumours but like I have stated before many times, I did not confirm the list to be in fact true.

quote:

Can you point to me were I ever made a suggestive post saying that the list was true :S? I don't remember doing anything remotely like that. All I have claimed to be true is that MSN Messenger 8 is in development.
I'm on: Twitter, Facebook, and Neowin
08-30-2005 07:41 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: RE: MSN Messenger 8.0 Features?
quote:
Originally posted by XxRebelSeanxX
quote:

Can you point to me were I ever made a suggestive post saying that the list was true :S? I don't remember doing anything remotely like that. All I have claimed to be true is that MSN Messenger 8 is in development.
In one of my previous posts I posted the chain of the posts, each forum/guy who posted it added and/or removed some lines. To an outsider, the post is suggestive and makes you believe the list is absolutly correct. When people read such things, they don't go reading the small print or wondering where did the list originated from. All they read is "feature list of msn messenger 8". And they may copy the list without the added important small print (if there is any in the first place).

Because of that you need to be very carefull in making such posts and its better not to make them or at least make a perfect word for word copy without anything added by yourself. There are many examples where people twist around facts in a slightly way (intended or not). And by reading/posting this over and over again the facts get twisted around a lot and in the end you end up with something entirly different then what was meant originally.

Read all the threads (on this forum and the other forums) to have an idea of how people interpret the list. You'll see that many see the list as a complete official feature list.

This post was edited on 08-31-2005 at 02:07 AM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
08-31-2005 01:58 AM
Pages: (6): « First « 2 3 4 5 [ 6 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: