What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » Msn Features.. New Feature Ideas...

Pages: (5): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 4 5 » Last »
Msn Features.. New Feature Ideas...
Author: Message:
LittleK

Wo0p-Wo0p..

34 / Female / –
O.P. RE: Msn Features.. New Feature Ideas...
quote:
Originally posted by LittleK
Email Viewing - Aswell as seeing what song the contact is playing, maybe seeing what website there looking at aswell could be very interesting..obviously it will have to be looked into because of tabbed IE's and various IE's being opened, different browsers ect..but would sure make MSN that little extra exciting

Optimism, thats what i said on my first post, it would obviously have to be looked into, but true it may not be worth the hassle.. worth seeing what people think of it though before throwing the idea entirely out the window..maybe a check box:-
"Window 1: [www.xxx.com] would you like this to be shown? [No]"
"Window 2 : [www.msgplus.net] would you like this to be shown? [Yes]"

Catch my drift?
[Image: style3,LittleK.png]
08-28-2005 04:19 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
LittleK

Wo0p-Wo0p..

34 / Female / –
quote:
Originally posted by qgroessl
Lol yes... with the Winamp plug-ins on the What Am I Listening to feature I had that problem for a while ... I downgraded my version of winamp to where I can't watch videos now though.... PROBLEM SOLVED THERE!

Lmfao... Need to be careful [FUCK.EXE] :P
08-28-2005 04:20 PM
qgroessl
Veteran Member

33 / – / Flag
RE: Msn Features.. New Feature Ideas...
quote:
Optimism, thats what i said on my first post, it would obviously have to be looked into, but true it may not be worth the hassle.. worth seeing what people think of it though before throwing the idea entirely out the window..maybe a check box:-
"Window 1: [www.xxx.com] would you like this to be shown? [No]"
"Window 2 : [www.msgplus.net] would you like this to be shown? [Yes]"

Catch my drift?

Yeah... I like this idea alot.... it would be completely legal like you said if they consent to showing it to other people..... Maybe just a little tick box that would ask everytime you went to a new website whether or not it should be allowed, to remember your choice.... and like... stuff like always allow hotmail.com or whatever branches of it or whatever... I like the idea...
08-28-2005 04:22 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
LittleK

Wo0p-Wo0p..

34 / Female / –
quote:
Originally posted by qgroessl
Yeah... I like this idea alot.... it would be completely legal like you said if they consent to showing it to other people..... Maybe just a little tick box that would ask everytime you went to a new website whether or not it should be allowed, to remember your choice.... and like... stuff like always allow hotmail.com or whatever branches of it or whatever... I like the idea...

Yeah... could be used for loads of things, for forums and what not, "check out the forum everyone -" then have the email adress showing... saves time of writing it down in your name.. people who dont see clickable URLS in names.. ect, might be a little thing to add, but it might be a big hit with people... glad to know someone likes it (Y):D
08-28-2005 04:24 PM
mwe99
Veteran Member

36 / Male / Flag
So you have to tick a box everytime you open the IE to view a page.... hmm i wouldnt
08-28-2005 04:29 PM
LittleK

Wo0p-Wo0p..

34 / Female / –
quote:
Originally posted by mwe99

So you have to tick a box everytime you open the IE to view a page.... hmm i wouldnt

Nah obviously it shouldnt be configured to do that... it could be an optional choice for yourself, eg tools > options > security
"Ask everytime i open IE"
"Configure myself"
"Dont ask on the following websites :"

ECT, or plugins > email viewer > configure .. .. ..

Could be many ways of doing it
08-28-2005 04:32 PM
mwe99
Veteran Member

36 / Male / Flag
But that involves modifying IE then...

quote:

eg tools > options > security
"Ask everytime i open IE"
"Configure myself"
"Dont ask on the following websites :"

ECT, or plugins > email viewer > configure .. .. ..

Could be many ways of doing it
08-28-2005 04:40 PM
LittleK

Wo0p-Wo0p..

34 / Female / –
quote:
Originally posted by mwe99
But that involves modifying IE then...

Most likley once, when you install.. hardley difficult :P
08-28-2005 04:42 PM
Sunshine
Elite Member

– / Female / Flag
The now playing feature is only there because of MSN Music, click on one of those links in the contactlist and you'll see (they offer legal - payed - downloads) ;)

I would not like it one bit if you could see wich site i am looking at..it's nobodies business but my own (invasion of privacy) :P

What i think of your other suggestions i already said on irc so no need to repeat that (invasion of privacy, impossible due to how msnm works etc.)

For the nicknames you can make quicktexts:
/nick LittleK
alias: n1
this way you only have to type /n1 (or other aliases if you set more) and press <enter> to alter your nick.
[Image: 25dr3o9]
08-28-2005 04:59 PM
LittleK

Wo0p-Wo0p..

34 / Female / –
quote:
Originally posted by Sunshine
The now playing feature is only there because of MSN Music, click on one of those links in the contactlist and you'll see (they offer legal - payed - downloads)

I know this, i do think its irrelivant for what i was just saying about my features, because as i said, everythings legal if there is consent from both parties. Fact.

quote:
I would not like it one bit if you could see wich site i am looking at..it's nobodies business but my own (invasion of privacy)

Fair enough, then the download wouldnt be for you obviously :P And neither would file sharing, or music plugin, as they both show what is on your computer, no? But as you CONSENT to sending files and CONSENT to showing music, hey whats the harm.

quote:

What i think of your other suggestions i already said on irc so no need to repeat that (invasion of privacy, impossible due to how msnm works etc.)

You just repeated yourself :P But anyway, i dont need to repeat myself either, all what i think is in this thread :)

quote:
For the nicknames you can make quicktexts:
/nick LittleK
alias: n1
this way you only have to type /n1 (or other aliases if you set more) and press <enter> to alter your nick.

Cool, but what about the nickname you had a week ago? Or a month ago? Or the night before?

Its an add on like many add ons, something which is interesting, and something i personally think some people may be interested in.
08-28-2005 05:07 PM
Pages: (5): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 4 5 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: