What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » Msn Features.. New Feature Ideas...

Pages: (5): « First « 1 2 3 [ 4 ] 5 » Last »
Msn Features.. New Feature Ideas...
Author: Message:
segosa
Community's Choice

RE: RE: Msn Features.. New Feature Ideas...
quote:

Unless your brain is too tiny, your smart enough to figure out yourself that sending copyrighted material IS illegal because the people who have copyrighted it, havent consented. Come on, think a little.

They're not involved, are they? They don't know if I send it to optimism_ so their consent isn't needed. Just following up your genius ideas sweetheart.

quote:
I didnt realise how many FUCK files you actually watched.

Umm.. right... and what makes you say that? because I know that video is not stored inside an executable, but actually stored inside a video wrapper like .avi, .wmp, etc, I watch a lot of "FUCK" files? Love your logic.

quote:
And segosa, give me an example of this "chav decision"

"omg, groups are plain text! NOEEEEEEEEEEEES WE'RE IN 2005! they need colours! and emoticons! so I can have "FRIENDS :D:D:D" ! YAY"

Looks pretty chav to me.
The previous sentence is false. The following sentence is true.
08-28-2005 10:08 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
LittleK

Wo0p-Wo0p..

34 / Female / –
O.P. RE: Msn Features.. New Feature Ideas...
quote:
Originally posted by segosa
They're not involved, are they? They don't know if I send it to optimism_ so their consent isn't needed. Just following up your genius ideas sweetheart.

Exactly they're not involved, so either A) they dont know your sending files which belong to them, which is a copyright law (illegal, no?) or B) they dont give a fuck, so yeah its legal, which brings me to my point if you both want to share a file, its your consent that your contact can see what file youve kept on your pc. No point explaining anymore.

quote:

Umm.. right... and what makes you say that? because I know that video is not stored inside an executable, but actually stored inside a video wrapper like .avi, .wmp, etc, I watch a lot of "FUCK" files? Love your logic.

Yep, gotta love it

quote:
"omg, groups are plain text! NOEEEEEEEEEEEES WE'RE IN 2005! they need colours! and emoticons! so I can have "FRIENDS " ! YAY"

Looks pretty chav to me.

If i had said it like that, it would be chavvy. Instead i explained my ideas in plain english for everybody to understand, Im sure coloured nicknames were a suggestion at one point, made by someone quite intelligent because they thought it may bring a couple more people to download. Were they chavs? Did they wear t-shirts with "I R STO0PID"? maybe, but downloads probably went up when people heard about it :)

This post was edited on 08-28-2005 at 10:17 PM by LittleK.
[Image: style3,LittleK.png]
08-28-2005 10:17 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Eljay
Elite Member

:O

– / Male / –
RE: Msn Features.. New Feature Ideas...
quote:

:rofl:
08-29-2005 07:22 AM
Joa
The dodgiest member

117 / Female / Flag
first off, yeah lots of insults being thrown both ways... 8-)

nobody mentioned the "search button" :-/ ... and explained that lots of info about the things she mentioned already exists on here.

anyway three things:

1. the open convo notifier-
read cookie's post abot the reliability of openconvo notifiers

they ARE still reliable (because they do notify when a person opens the conversation window with you or closes it), the only problem is that they can sometimes also give you a false "open convo" notification when the client requests a dp update (usually after signing in, you may get one false notification per contact).

here is a link to a pretty cool openconvo notifier

2. as for nickname logs.. there is a plugin you can find here:
http://www.msgplus.net/pluginsdb/down/?action=file&id=88

it:
"saves nicknames on command, or log them as they change, and you can also restore a saved nickname"

i'm not sure if this is exactly what you were looking for though :P

3. as for groups:
this thread talks a bit about how you can add colors to different groups :-/. check it out
http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=39...d=391143#pid391143

Edit: i also want to add, that you had a pretty cool idea.. mentioning things that could be usefull in msn etc. but next time know to do a bit of research, there is TONS of info on here about many things. chances are that somebody already made a similar suggestion and that it has been discussed already. :)

This post was edited on 08-29-2005 at 09:06 AM by Joa.
:bow: gif :bow: <3   

spam.

08-29-2005 09:03 AM
emit
Disabled Account

RE: RE: Msn Features.. New Feature Ideas...
quote:
Originally posted by LittleK
Cool, but what about the nickname you had a week ago? Or a month ago? Or the night before?

Its an add on like many add ons, something which is interesting, and something i personally think some people may be interested in.

Logs.

quote:
Originally posted by Joa
2. as for nickname logs.. there is a plugin you can find here:
http://www.msgplus.net/pluginsdb/down/?action=file&id=88

it:
"saves nicknames on command, or log them as they change, and you can also restore a saved nickname"

i'm not sure if this is exactly what you were looking for though

That plugin seems to be quite old, uploaded in 2004 sometime, so it might not be compatible. It's worth a try though.

This post was edited on 08-29-2005 at 10:23 PM by emit.
08-29-2005 10:19 PM
Joa
The dodgiest member

117 / Female / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Time
That plugin seems to be quite old, uploaded in 2004 sometime, so it might not be compatible. It's worth a try though.

i can assure you that this plugin works great with the newest version of msn. i would not have posted a link to it unless i knew it worked :wink:

just make sure you read the "readme" file to know HOW to use it :)
:bow: gif :bow: <3   

spam.

08-30-2005 02:09 AM
emit
Disabled Account

didn't work for me with 7.5. caused msn to crash everytime I signed on.
08-30-2005 12:16 PM
LittleK

Wo0p-Wo0p..

34 / Female / –
O.P. RE: Msn Features.. New Feature Ideas...
quote:
Originally posted by Joa
Edit: i also want to add, that you had a pretty cool idea.. mentioning things that could be usefull in msn etc. but next time know to do a bit of research, there is TONS of info on here about many things. chances are that somebody already made a similar suggestion and that it has been discussed already

Thanks for clearing some stuff up for me Joa :)

As for everyone getting so worked up, i only suggested a few things which I know I would like to see on MY msn, wether other people think its chavvy or wouldnt like to see it on thiers, thats thier opinion, one which i wouldnt agree with but it isnt my place to say "no your wrong". Im sure the people who invented lets say the colored nickname, some people went "ew no whats the point, thats chavvy/stupid", but alas it is in fact on Plus! today.

This is a forum for ideas, and what people think of them, not something to get angry about :|

This post was edited on 08-30-2005 at 01:49 PM by LittleK.
08-30-2005 01:48 PM
FrozenDaggers

I shoot people.

35 / Female / Flag
Not quite sure why this turned into a 'lets hurl abuse' thread, but anyway... I'm not sure whether the showing website suggestion is that great, too many changes would have to be made and also, as many people have said - Invasion of privacy.

Also, the seeing who's camming with who - Would you want people to see who you were camming with? I know I wouldn't :dodgy: People constantly asking 'why you camming with so-n-so..' etc.

I guess letting people choose whether they want people to see that would be a good idea. So then people can CHOOSE whether they want others to see what they're doing or whatever. But I just don't think it would be very popular. Seems useless.

This post was edited on 08-30-2005 at 04:52 PM by FrozenDaggers.
08-30-2005 04:50 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
LittleK

Wo0p-Wo0p..

34 / Female / –
O.P. RE: RE: Msn Features.. New Feature Ideas...
quote:
Originally posted by FrozenDaggers
Not quite sure why this turned into a 'lets hurl abuse' thread, but anyway... I'm not sure whether the showing website suggestion is that great, too many changes would have to be made and also, as many people have said - Invasion of privacy.

Also, the seeing who's camming with who - Would you want people to see who you were camming with? I know I wouldn't :dodgy: People constantly asking 'why you camming with so-n-so..' etc.

I guess letting people choose whether they want people to see that would be a good idea. So then people can CHOOSE whether they want others to see what they're doing or whatever. But I just don't think it would be very popular. Seems useless.

Then you could also argue that open convo/closing convo is an invasion of privacy, u could say webcams are an invasion of privacy, you could say the songs were bla bla.. im tired of saying the same thing, as long as you CONSENT, theres no invasion of privacy, and ok you wouldnt like it yet some people might.
08-30-2005 07:12 PM
Pages: (5): « First « 1 2 3 [ 4 ] 5 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: