What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » General » General Chit Chat » new orleans

Pages: (8): « First « 1 2 3 4 [ 5 ] 6 7 8 » Last »
new orleans
Author: Message:
user27089
Disabled Account

RE: new orleans
I don't see why they're raping people to be honest, what's the point, does it even help at all?
09-04-2005 10:10 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
briosky

C/C++ Programmer Works for Free

– / Male / –
It's very sad. Everything. From the power of a natural disaster to the delay in helping, as well as any form of abuse.
If intrested, links to pictures of looters in action are on my website plus a help plea, and several New Orleans cams.

This post was edited on 09-11-2005 at 07:54 AM by briosky.
Brionews - Everyday Freshnews - http://brionews.com
09-04-2005 11:04 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
RebelSean
Veteran Member

Microsoft Evangelist

33 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Tasha
It's a tragedy, but will everyone stop flaming Bush for one minute and think that he has actually done, and is still doing all he can to help? You can't blame him for a natural disaster. It has been said over here in our papers that he knows he has neglected that area, and is very sorry to see what has happened. There was even a picture of him talking to two girls, and hugging them. (No, I don't think he was doing it to keep up an image.)

No but you sure as hell can blame him for taking FOUR days to adress the nation, and start sending help. It's not totaly his fault, I'm not saying that, but taking FOUR days to start sending help? Thats a bit to long, he should have sent it the day New Orleans got hit.

Not only that, it's sad when the mayor of New Orleans has to tell the president on national television to get off his ass and get the hell down there, it really is.

And about him huggint those two girls, it's called a show.
I'm on: Twitter, Facebook, and Neowin
09-04-2005 04:42 PM
Tasha

31 / Female / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by XxRebelSeanxX

And about him huggin those two girls, it's called a show.

Just because he's the president doesn't mean he doesn't care. *-)
And it didn't look fake to me at all. You could see concern in his face and everything, so...

I don't know why he has taken the time, I really don't. Yes, he should have taken less time to do it, but have you ever run a country? :tongue: Not saying I have, but you would need time to get things organised.
www.mycutelobster.co.uk
"Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry,
but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?"
09-04-2005 05:00 PM
Dreth

Self-Proclaimed Bad-Ass

37 / Male / –
With all due respect to everyone here, USA is the self-proclaimed most powerful nation in the world. It took action in the whole Tsunami Incident faster than the New Orleans thing.

This kind of stuff isn't supposed to happen in the first place, build strong houses and EMPTY the god damn dams before Hurracanes arrive.

But anyways it did, and Bush took a while to send help, it's almost mandatory to send the god damn aid to people in his OWN nation instantly. I just wonder what the hell he was thinking about for four whole days.
[Image: Dreths-Nebula.jpg]
09-04-2005 09:51 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
*Saint*

36 / Male / Flag
theres more than just bush who runs this rescue effort and i doubt he really is the guy in charge because he isnt a rescue and disaster expert and only knows what he is told his, a figure head who everyone is blaming.
09-04-2005 11:36 PM
buzz

be a good bee

– / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by traxor
I don't see why they're raping people to be honest, what's the point, does it even help at all?
in a state of disaster its common to forget everythig and turn to and act on your instincts and needs. this acctually happend alot back when the jews were being taken to consentration camps by train, people were killing eachother for water/food and alot of jews where raping eachother for no real reason...
i personally dont think they should re-build because the same thing will happend again...its a fairly new city.
09-05-2005 02:59 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
*Saint*

36 / Male / Flag
new orleans isnt new at all its a historic city thats also probably why so much damage happened because most of it is really old

no mardi gras this year :(

This post was edited on 09-05-2005 at 03:28 AM by *Saint*.
09-05-2005 03:28 AM
paperless
Veteran Member

Saved by the bell

34 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Tasha
It's a tragedy, but will everyone stop flaming Bush for one minute and think that he has actually done, and is still doing all he can to help? You can't blame him for a natural disaster. It has been said over here in our papers that he knows he has neglected that area, and is very sorry to see what has happened. There was even a picture of him talking to two girls, and hugging them. (No, I don't think he was doing it to keep up an image.)

The raping and looting and killing is horrible. I can understand looting for food, but killing and raping is just sick. Especially when i've heard they're raping little children. :sad:

The city will get rebuilt, the people will get back on their feet, but it doesn't stop me feeling terrible for them.

Well... its his obligation, he is the president, besides all he has to do is sit in a chair to make some phone calls, apear on TV and newspapers with that monkey face and go to new orleans choose two random girls and walk around with them to pretend he is very sad about it.

Yeah its a natural disaster but the reason why the help wasnt faster was because of the pointless war in Iraq, what was it for?
First was for the mass destruction and when they "discovered" there were no such weapons they said it was to save Iraqi people from the hands of a heartless dictator.
So, now what? They are free now leave them alone, all the bombings are because of US presence when they leave everything will follow the natural course of things.
I dont exactly know if US want the oil or conquer iraq or wtfe but they were wasting precious troups on Iraq.
Bush's main purpose is to stop the terrorism and stuff blah blah blah.
11/9 killed around 3000 people, Katrina 10.000+ and what surprises me is that the world in general seemed to be way more worried about 11/9 than about this disaster, oh i got it yeah, most people in new orleans are black and kinda poor.

I think they should rebuild the city but not in a point that will totally eliminate the traces of the hurricane they could let some flooded canals like in venice or something, that will add a special touch to the city and if it is an historical city, even better.

[Image: RobRogersPittsPostGazette.gif]

From http://www.thebushpresidency.org/index.htm

This post was edited on 09-06-2005 at 10:20 AM by paperless.
09-06-2005 10:15 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
saralk
Veteran Member

35 / Male / Flag
My heart goes out to anyone affected by this.

I think this should serve as a wake up call to the american government.

As the London Bombings showed, the war on terrorist hasn't worked, and we are still very much at threat.

If the American government can't respond in a quick and efficient manner to something that they have known was coming for a while, i dread to think what the response will be like to a terrorist attack on a similar scale.
The Artist Formerly Known As saralk
London · New York · Paris
Est. 1989
09-06-2005 11:30 AM
Pages: (8): « First « 1 2 3 4 [ 5 ] 6 7 8 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: