What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Tech Talk » Graphics Card Comparisons

Pages: (4): « First « 1 2 3 [ 4 ] Last »
Graphics Card Comparisons
Author: Message:
lordy

34 / Male / Flag
RE: Graphics Card Comparisons
just a question... is a radeon x300SE a very good card? im considering gettin one... but i'm not too sure... atm i have a GeForce FX5200   much better?
09-10-2005 11:57 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Fourjays

Jaguar E-Type

36 / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by YottabyteWIzard
As i posted before I would go for NVidia not for experience, but more for what I've heard about ATI (driver problems... and stuff)

I would agree with that comment about ATI cards.

I've used a GeForce 4 MX440, an ATI 9600 (or 800, idr), and my current FX5900XT.

The GeForce 4 performed about as well as you would expect... I tried the ATI on recommendation, but after having crash after crash while playing games, and trying what must have been at least 20 different types of drivers, it still wouldn't work right for me. Kept giving me errors about GPU lock-ups and other shit... It was returned to the shop, assumed faulty and/or just a POS.

My FX5900 hasn't let me down yet. :) Bit of a problem with the previous set of drivers, but so far so good on the newest ones. :) It is designed for DX9 too, so no probs there.

I would always go with nVidia graphic cards. :D
[Image: msgsig7yx.jpg]
A new range of internet based services... Coming Soon(ish)! - www.fortheinter.net
09-10-2005 12:08 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
brian

– / Male / –
I don't think I could go with 64$ USD, that's just.. half the price, and the card is still new.
09-10-2005 03:46 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
RaceProUK
Elite Member

39 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by rav0
quote:
Originally posted by raceprouk
don't bother asking squall about graphics cards. He goes on at length about crap no-one cares for, gets info from questionable places
You need critics. Take a look at all the free ringtone sites. A critic would tell you that they charge you $10 per week for a subscription service after that.[/slightly off topic]
And that shows the difference between squall and a critic - the critic is informed.
[Image: spartaafk.png]
09-10-2005 09:24 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Pages: (4): « First « 1 2 3 [ 4 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: