What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Announcements » Announcements & News » Archive » The MSAS petition has been sent

Pages: (10): « First « 6 7 8 9 [ 10 ] Last »
The MSAS petition has been sent
Author: Message:
Shayne

~Woot~

34 / Male / Flag
RE: The MSAS petition has been sent
Hi Patchou and fellow members  i just joined up since that i am a mdx member and since there forums are down.

I would like to say why don't you do somthing like Matt did and not make Msg plus with the spyware buddler.

Then i think that Microsoft might get off your back because your progam would be clean of those such things.

Now really Patchou there are other spyware removers which find your progam as well with the spyware buddler not only Microsoft.

But yes its only that Micosoft is the only one trying to shut this progam down because there big bullies and they think they can do what they please.

But i just don't see why even trying to get back at Mircosoft because no offence but 400k of people is nothing to them.

But they would pobly back off if you remove the spyware buddler off your progam.

The other up side if you remove it your progam well be smaller and qicker to download.

09-24-2005 11:56 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Supersonicdarky
Veteran Member

– / – / Flag
1) it's not spyware, it's adware (not harmful to your system)
2) Patchou has to have the bundler because he needs to make money to keep plus! free
09-24-2005 12:01 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Shayne

~Woot~

34 / Male / Flag
:o  ok then

well fine i didn't call spyware i called it a spyware buddle ok got me that what microsoft antispy and other poducts which dosen't really matter

But there are other ways to make money mate,Then a spyware buddler ^o)

which is my mistake i know that it should of been adware but meh

This post was edited on 09-24-2005 at 12:07 PM by Shayne.
09-24-2005 12:05 PM
Plik
Veteran Member

34 / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by Shayne
Now really Patchou there are other spyware removers which find your progam as well with the spyware buddler not only Microsoft

The petition is against the way MSAS detects the plus sponsor. It detects all of pluses files and recomends to remove them, regardless of whether the sponsor is installed or not. What patchou wants is for either the sponsor files or the installer to be detected and for MSAS to leave the actually files of plus alone as they are malware free.

quote:
But there are other ways to make money mate,Then a spyware buddler
Any suggestions that dont involve him finding a job and not dedicating his time to plus?

And finally, dont forget that the sponsor is optional and gives you a choice to install it or not. Which IIRC one of the versions of msgdiscovery didnt.
09-24-2005 12:13 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Shayne

~Woot~

34 / Male / Flag
fine what ever

and yes msd 3.0 had the buddle thing on it but too many people didn't like the buddle being on there

so in the new mdx versions there is no buddle in it at all

but anyway its just a suggestion you don't need to get seriours mate

But to get back on the topic Microsoft wont care about 400k of people really there are millons of uses who use windows and there bull shit Anti spy stuff which adware se and spybot are beta anyway

But there might be possible that they well do what Patchou is asking them to do i can't say i am not the owner of microsoft 

This post was edited on 09-24-2005 at 12:48 PM by Shayne.
09-24-2005 12:47 PM
user27089
Disabled Account

RE: RE: The MSAS petition has been sent
quote:
fine what ever

and yes msd 3.0 had the buddle thing on it but too many people didn't like the buddle being on there

so in the new mdx versions there is no buddle in it at all

but anyway its just a suggestion you don't need to get seriours mate

But to get back on the topic Microsoft wont care about 400k of people really there are millons of uses who use windows and there bull shit Anti spy stuff which adware se and spybot are beta anyway

But there might be possible that they well do what Patchou is asking them to do i can't say i am not the owner of microsoft 

The Messenger Plus! adware bundle has been there for a while, and a lot of the complaints have been taken into consideration, with the change of the installer, and stripping down of the adware bundle itself, removing any malicious content etc. it is now a safe piece of software.

Why can't we get serious, we're simply telling you the facts...

Microsoft will care about this, you think they will simply push aside 400 000 pieces of paper, I'm sure that they will remove the false detections of everything to do with Messenger Plus!, and simply detect the adware if it is installed instead.

I doubt the owner of Microsoft will deal with this matter personally, probably the adware department... Or those dealing with the definitions...
09-24-2005 12:57 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Pages: (10): « First « 6 7 8 9 [ 10 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: