What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » General » General Chit Chat » Girl excluded from school due to Parents Sexuality

Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
Girl excluded from school due to Parents Sexuality
Author: Message:
_Humphreys
Veteran Member

24 / – / Flag
O.P. Girl excluded from school due to Parents Sexuality
quote:
Originally posted by Wired News
ONTARIO, Calif. (AP) -- A 14-year-old student was expelled from a Christian school because her parents are lesbians, the school's superintendent said in a letter.

Shay Clark was expelled from Ontario Christian School on Thursday.

"Your family does not meet the policies of admission," Superintendent Leonard Stob wrote to Tina Clark, the girl's biological mother.

Stob wrote that school policy requires that at least one parent may not engage in practices "immoral or inconsistent with a positive Christian life style, such as cohabitating without marriage or in a homosexual relationship," The Los Angeles Times reported in Friday's edition.

Stob could not be reached for comment by the newspaper. Shay and her parents said they won't fight the ruling.

School administrators learned of the parents' relationship this week after Shay was reprimanded for talking to the crowd during a football game, Tina Clark said.

Clark and her partner have been together 22 years and have two other daughters, ages 9 and 19.

I don't know what's the world coming too...I mean it's not as if the girl choose who brought her up.

This post was edited on 09-23-2005 at 12:28 PM by _Humphreys.
AC3
09-23-2005 12:27 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
L. Coyote

Captain Obvious

38 / Male / Flag
RE: Girl excluded from school due to Parents Sexuality
:-/ Horrible. I can't think of something else to say about it.
Edit: yes, that's a perfect example of Christian love. :rolleyes: (it's my opinion, just PM me if it offends you)

This post was edited on 09-23-2005 at 01:46 PM by L. Coyote.

Hack, hack, hack!
Finally became a Systems Analyst! :spam:

09-23-2005 12:48 PM
paperless
Veteran Member

Saved by the bell

34 / Male / Flag
This is very stupid what the hell does she have to do with their parents? Its her not their parents in school.

Society is not prepared yet for this the children will be excluded by her friends and stuff...

Dont think im an homofobe because im not i think homo people should be able to marry and all that stuff but not adopt children, at least not yet.

I udnerstand that what should be solved here is the menatality of those people but it will take time and until then children will be the motive to laugh on their school maybe not ebcause of the director or something but by their colleagues.

This post was edited on 09-23-2005 at 01:22 PM by paperless.
09-23-2005 01:21 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Millenium_edition
Veteran Member

the government just got owned for allowing gay couples to have kids
09-23-2005 02:29 PM
JDawg_0789

35 / Male / –
I'm sorry, but that is horribly screwed up. I know it goes against Christian teachings to be in a homosexual relationship, but it isn't like the girl had the choice! I mean, for Christ's sake, my girlfriend is bisexual, and if someone did that to our kid, I would probably murder them. If that was done in America, it wouldn't be allowed because it would go against Constitutional rights. Just goes to show how corrupt the Church can be.
09-23-2005 02:55 PM
SikStyles

DeathCult

34 / Male / Flag
i think this has nothing to do with the school if your parents are gay/lesbians/transvestites
You're still breathing? Why?
Get off the cross, the wood is needed.
[Image: userbar.jpg]

09-23-2005 03:39 PM
Anubis
Elite Member

33 / Male / Flag
I can understand where the school is coming from on this; but if the kid is happy in the school they should just try and turn a blind eye to it and ignore it as best as possible.

quote:
Originally posted by JDawg_0789
my girlfriend is bisexual, and if someone did that to our kid, I would probably murder them
Its likely that the school wouldn't care if the person has sexual interests in their same sex, as long as they aren't practising.

Being Christian I can see the point of the school, but also as a Christian I wouldn't punish the kid for it. I personally have the opinion that being brought up in a homosexually parental household may not be a very good thing for the child as there are things that both sexes contribute to raising a child that just a single sex couldn't properly.

This post was edited on 09-23-2005 at 05:32 PM by WDZ.
[Image: anubis5hq.png]
09-23-2005 04:12 PM
_Humphreys
Veteran Member

24 / – / Flag
O.P. RE: Girl excluded from school due to Parents Sexuality
quote:
Originally posted by MC Inferno
well the school think's their "an aboimnation" vif they follow the bible. fuck God. he doesnt exsist anyway. and that does offend u, im not sorry, coz its ur own stupid fault for beliviong theres somethin up there. end of.

If you believe there is no 'god' or 'higher power' then that's ok but don't disrespect others beliefs.
AC3
09-23-2005 04:24 PM
L. Coyote

Captain Obvious

38 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by MC Inferno
and they relgion is tryin to help you, eh?

well the school think's their "an aboimnation" vif they follow the bible. fuck God. he doesnt exsist anyway. and that does offend u, im not sorry, coz its ur own stupid fault for beliviong theres somethin up there. end of.
I'm with you, minus the insults. (Y)

There is no problem, it's people who make it an issue. Instead of living their own lives happily, they have to know who is what, who does what, and how they can blame the others because they're different.

Let people live, FFS. Try it, nothing will happen to the world. It'll keep spinning.

Hack, hack, hack!
Finally became a Systems Analyst! :spam:

09-23-2005 04:35 PM
Negro_Joe

Go!Go!Go!

34 / Male / –
the christian church has recently come to realize that homosexuality isnt a lifestyle choice, you are either are or not, its ok aslong as you dont particapate in you know relations.......i hate religion

And i agree it has nothing to do with the school because they disagree with the parents lifestyles doesnt mean they have to take it on the child....

this has really annoyed me now......

[Image: sinavatar4ie.jpg]

09-23-2005 06:32 PM
Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: